the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kryptonite

Go down 
+10
GreatWhiteNinja
Hedinnweis
Shadowrenderer
FallOut Pat
Shaun
LifesTruesin
Thomas
PeteWisdom
CaptainJoel
True Believer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Kryptonite - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:48 am

Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

Cage's strength should only increase when he's owed large sums of money.

the smaller the stash, the weaker he is...

course you know... this, in a way could be defined as "Omega Level" and well... that would be an atrocity.

They should have Luke say, "The richer Cage gets, the stronger Cage gets!"

"You don't want to owe me money honey.... you won't like it when you owe me money."

especially when there's interest involved.

that would probably make Cage the greatest character ever!!!

we have to get this into continuity.

he's already the posterboy for Blaxploitation. might as well make his powers money based too.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 1:58 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

course you know... this, in a way could be defined as "Omega Level" and well... that would be an atrocity.

"You don't want to owe me money honey.... you won't like it when you owe me money."

he's already the posterboy for Blaxploitation. might as well make his powers money based too.

Something about all of this really seems wrong for me.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 2:00 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

hell yea
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 2:50 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Shaun wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

Something about all of this really seems wrong for me.

How so?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 2:53 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

All this strength creepage is getting ridiculous, How did the ghost rider go from 10 tons to 25 tons? Is there a Bally's in hell and he's working out more. Cap is 5 tons now? I rememer a scene from the Avengers when Cap was working out and straining as he's completeing a set of barbell curl at 500 lbs. Beast comes by picks it up with one hand and puts it away. Strength-wise cap should be above Daredevil, but below cage and spiderman.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 3:01 am

Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

All this strength creepage is getting ridiculous, How did the ghost rider go from 10 tons to 25 tons? Is there a Bally's in hell and he's working out more. Cap is 5 tons now? I rememer a scene from the Avengers when Cap was working out and straining as he's completeing a set of barbell curl at 500 lbs. Beast comes by picks it up with one hand and puts it away. Strength-wise cap should be above Daredevil, but below cage and spiderman.

Yes, well everyone is stronger nowadays..

who do I blame? the 90's and Dragon Ball Z.

anyways Loeb forgot the memo, he seems to think Cap can pretty much One Shot the Hulk. Granted Spidey helped, so a combined punch from Spidey and Cap can One Shot the Hulk.

Damn... too bad Cap wasn't around to save everyone from WWH.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 10:47 am

Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

Well the 10 ton Ghost Rider stat was for Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, I believe. Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider is getting stronger in my opinion becaue the Ghost Rider aspect is awakening more than it ever has before and can more consciously access the resivour of power that he has.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:34 am

It is an easy out. Something they OVER use on Smallville.

So I'm happy it's rare again. Maybe it'll be more like the early John Byrne days. That'd be good.

& do we really need so many dif. kinds of K?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:36 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:

So I'm happy it's rare again. Maybe it'll be more like the early John Byrne days. That'd be good.

Yes.

There needs to be one that makes Superman gay.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:38 am

Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

Doesn't that sorta wreck that story were Cap had super strength? Granted that was a hell of a long time ago, but if he's so strong all the time??

I have noticed Marvel characters are getting stronger lately. But DC has also doing it for years. Well, except for Superman after CoIE. But after IC he's back up there again, isn't he?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:38 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Yes.

don't bring that in again, please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:47 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Yes.

Yes, please don't - but for the record it's the purple kryptonite!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:55 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

Doesn't that sorta wreck that story were Cap had super strength? Granted that was a hell of a long time ago, but if he's so strong all the time??

I have noticed Marvel characters are getting stronger lately. But DC has also doing it for years. Well, except for Superman after CoIE. But after IC he's back up there again, isn't he?

The nice thing about COIE was that the reboot afterward dialed back the super powers, but every ten years the writes get sloppy or nostalgic and bring back stupid things like a cube bizarro world and rainbow kryptonite and then everyone gets a power boost. On the marvel side, Iron man shits out miniture atomic bombs, has analyzed the moves of every hero. , but as strong as he is Thor has to be that much stronger and then so does the hulk and suddenly luke cage is invulnerable istead of just resilient. Don't get me started on magneto or the scarlet witch!
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 12:55 am

Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Yes.

I thought that was Red Krytonite?

Like... he was just agro-closet gay. Hiding it yah know?
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 2:28 am

Hedinnweis wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Yes.

I thought that was Red Krytonite?

Like... he was just agro-closet gay. Hiding it yah know?

Its actually the pink kryptonite, red had a different effect on him each time pre COIE, Post COIE red Kryptonite makes his powers uncontrollable.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:05 am

Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

The nice thing about COIE was that the reboot afterward dialed back the super powers, but every ten years the writes get sloppy or nostalgic and bring back stupid things like a cube bizarro world and rainbow kryptonite and then everyone gets a power boost. On the marvel side, Iron man shits out miniture atomic bombs, has analyzed the moves of every hero. , but as strong as he is Thor has to be that much stronger and then so does the hulk and suddenly luke cage is invulnerable istead of just resilient. Don't get me started on magneto or the scarlet witch!

I completely agree with you.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:40 am

Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

Well wasn't the cube Bizarro world only brought back because of the Donner crap?

Yeah the Iron Man power thing has been crazy, but I mean he used to build "insert someone more powerful" Buster armors there for awhile. At least the Extremis was an interesting concept, the problem was that Ellis left it too open-ended and so there basically isn't anything Iron Man can't do. Not that I"m complaining too much, since I'm like the Lone Iron Man Fan here.

Magneto used to be quite the badass, now he's umm... well depowered and nothing. Then there's the abortion of a retcon with the Xorneto thing, where it wasn't him in New X-Men, or whatever.

Scarlet Witch... well blame Bendis and his ruling fist in the Marvel U.

and for the record, I seriously blame Anime for the boost in characters abilities. The comic book feats have to compare with Kamehameha's and Bankai's and shiz. So thats one reason why I'm going to let it slide that Jeph Loeb has Red Hulk throw earth shattering punches that register 10 on the rictor scale.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 10:44 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

Well wasn't the cube Bizarro world only brought back because of the Donner crap?

Yeah the Iron Man power thing has been crazy, but I mean he used to build "insert someone more powerful" Buster armors there for awhile. At least the Extremis was an interesting concept, the problem was that Ellis left it too open-ended and so there basically isn't anything Iron Man can't do. Not that I"m complaining too much, since I'm like the Lone Iron Man Fan here.

Magneto used to be quite the badass, now he's umm... well depowered and nothing. Then there's the abortion of a retcon with the Xorneto thing, where it wasn't him in New X-Men, or whatever.

and for the record, I seriously blame Anime for the boost in characters abilities. The comic book feats have to compare with Kamehameha's and Bankai's and shiz. So thats one reason why I'm going to let it slide that Jeph Loeb has Red Hulk throw earth shattering punches that register 10 on the rictor scale.

I have a theory. Marvel saw how cool it was when DC started getting different colors for Laterns so they decided to do the same with the Hulk. Up next Yellow, Orange, Purple, Blue, Indigo, and Black. Black may just be when Bendis drops a gamma bomb on Luke Cage and he finally gets to the power levels that he always wanted him to have.
Back to top Go down
myleftsh0e
Youngling
Youngling
myleftsh0e

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:05 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

Well I mean....

he is a demon...

shouldn't he have enhanced strength and durability?

10 tons in on the low side.

Anyways I get what you mean though. Wolverine is up to 10 tons right? Cap is 15 or something?

They're only supposed to be "peak" condition or something ya? Oh well.

At least Luke Cage is... wait......

Damn YOU BENDIS!

GR could always lift 10 tons. Wolverine can lift like 2 tons since his adamentium supprts his bone structure.

No way Cap can lift 15 tons

i have old marvel cards and Cage could only lift 3 tons. Now he can lift 80 due to second dose.

Captain Brit could only lift 2 tons also now he's buff too.

I guess it make sense. When someone's main power is super strength it should be more than some guys whose main power isn't (spidey) No
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:07 pm

myleftsh0e wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Well I mean....

he is a demon...

shouldn't he have enhanced strength and durability?

10 tons in on the low side.

Anyways I get what you mean though. Wolverine is up to 10 tons right? Cap is 15 or something?

They're only supposed to be "peak" condition or something ya? Oh well.

At least Luke Cage is... wait......

Damn YOU BENDIS!

GR could always lift 10 tons. Wolverine can lift like 2 tons since his adamentium supprts his bone structure.

No way Cap can lift 15 tons

i have old marvel cards and Cage could only lift 3 tons. Now he can lift 80 due to second dose.

Captain Brit could only lift 2 tons also now he's buff too.

I guess it make sense. When someone's main power is super strength it should be more than some guys whose main power isn't (spidey) No

Yellow doesn't apply here!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

I have a theory. Marvel saw how cool it was when DC started getting different colors for Laterns so they decided to do the same with the Hulk. Up next Yellow, Orange, Purple, Blue, Indigo, and Black. Black may just be when Bendis drops a gamma bomb on Luke Cage and he finally gets to the power levels that he always wanted him to have.

& that's something we all want to see.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:14 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

that and Gamma Vision!!!
Back to top Go down
myleftsh0e
Youngling
Youngling
myleftsh0e

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:18 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

Yellow doesn't apply here!!!!!!

but it was too late....

sure does take the attention away from the point of my post.

I can't even rewatch season one of Smallville because of all kryptonite in every episode. They use so much kryptonite in that show, that it blows their frickin mind when someone is not a "meteor freak"
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:20 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Actually...

that and Gamma Vision!!!

dont worry Doc Samson is gonna get that power here soon enough
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 8:54 pm

Captain Britain could only lift 3 tons back when he wore this costume.
Kryptonite - Page 2 60

He got a power boost so long ago that it was before it became common place. As soon as he started wearing this costume he could lift about 50 tons.
Kryptonite - Page 2 Captainbritain5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kryptonite   Kryptonite - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kryptonite
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: