the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COMING ATTRACTIONS!

Go down 
+27
MIGHTYSATTANUS
Gabe_Gray
Brian21
JimDarkMagic
shazam!
howie024m
LifesTruesin
bayani
DanElectro
REEF aka Luke Cage
GreatWhiteNinja
TJ
minimalist
Liquid Sword
Leachcraft
GoZ
Shaun
NoLuv4Hoes
Thomas
Figga
Tim Radd
True Believer
Shadowrenderer
CaptainJoel
PeteWisdom
Tayley
Mr.Wholesome
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:24 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Shaun? The fuck man? Why you gotta be the only other person on here right now? I thought I was fuckin' with TB. But you don't give a fuck. I need to go to bed. I'm up late typing weird shit.

Sharonda left before I even posted that. Damn.

Alone.

All Alone.

Alone is what I am.

Alone is all I know

All alone.

So very very very very very very very very very very very aloooooone.

*looks left*

Hey, there's my wife. I'm not alone.

Goodnight.
Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:31 am

True Believer wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Fairly safe to assume under a white sun he gets stronger, probably to Superman 1 million status in my opinion...I wouldn't go so far as to say Superman Prime though. But idk the exact energy and radiation numbers for suns. Collecting over a 1000 years of yellow sun energy could be the same as being the area of a white sun for Superman, idk.

But yea, there is your answer.

It seems to me like it should make him weaker or something. I mean a red sun is a later stellar evolution than a yellow sun and red solar radiation makes Kryptonians no more powerful than humans under yellow sunlight. And a "blue star" which would be a dwarf is an even later stellar evolution than a red sun as it follows the collapse.

I think that you have that backwards, last I recall, it went white, blue, yellow/orange, red, then black.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:39 am

I could be wrong, I'm basing this off of what I remember in like elementary school so it's not extremely viable.

what I'm looking up, some sources say it's a different order, some say its the same.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:16 am

I think you and Shaun are confused. That's not the order of stellar evolution. It's something else that I can't remember right now (though it does have to do with stars) the class or some shit. I know for a fact white comes last (assuming you don't count black holes) because it's what happens when a Red Giant exhausts all of its hydrogen. And blue certainly isn't a stage.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:25 pm

True Believer wrote:
I think you and Shaun are confused. That's not the order of stellar evolution. It's something else that I can't remember right now (though it does have to do with stars) the class or some shit. I know for a fact white comes last (assuming you don't count black holes) because it's what happens when a Red Giant exhausts all of its hydrogen. And blue certainly isn't a stage.

the simple fact that temp determines color on stars and blue is alot hotter then red or any shade of it is how you know thats wrong
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:42 pm

I know what TB is talking about tho. When stars of generally smaller size (our sun) get older they will grow into a red giant. They will eventually shed the outer layers and become a white dwarf which is no longer a star. It doesn't undergo fuison reactors, and is made of degenerate material, and will continue to cool until is becomes a black hole.

However TB Superman's powers are based off of a healthy Star's temperature, which is where the colors come from. nOt the stages.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:49 pm

just sayin blue flame is the same whether its a lighter or a star, the hottest color of heat is white. so if blue gives supes extra powers, white should damn near overload him
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:00 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
just sayin blue flame is the same whether its a lighter or a star, the hottest color of heat is white. so if blue gives supes extra powers, white should damn near overload him

Um not it's not the same as a lighter.

How many times am I going to have to say that blue is hotter than white when it comes to suns. look it up.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:09 pm

I'm glad I started this healthy debate on stars Laughing
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
I know what TB is talking about tho. When stars of generally smaller size (our sun) get older they will grow into a red giant. They will eventually shed the outer layers and become a white dwarf which is no longer a star. It doesn't undergo fuison reactors, and is made of degenerate material, and will continue to cool until is becomes a black hole.

However TB Superman's powers are based off of a healthy Star's temperature, which is where the colors come from. nOt the stages.

So, yeah, it's the stellar classification you guys are referring to which is largely based on temperature. As Dante more or less said, already.

That said, I'm still under the impression that it's the stellar evolutionary stages that affect Superman's power rather than classification. Of course, it would help if someone could provide something in comic that explains that. I admit the only thing I really have to base the solar evolution theory on is that's how it worked in "Red Son." The Earth's sun grew into a Red Giant and the stress it put on the planet and it's inhabitants inhibited his powers, which, of course, made him strong when they sent him to the past under a younger star.

I know it's alternate continuity, so it's not necessarily valid. But unless there's an explanation out there in continuity that supports stellar classification, I'm going by this theory.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:15 pm

True Believer wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

So, yeah, it's the stellar classification you guys are referring to which is largely based on temperature. As Dante more or less said, already.

That said, I'm still under the impression that it's the stellar evolutionary stages that affect Superman's power rather than classification. Of course, it would help if someone could provide something in comic that explains that. I admit the only thing I really have to base the solar evolution theory on is that's how it worked in "Red Son." The Earth's sun grew into a Red Giant and the stress it put on the planet and it's inhabitants inhibited his powers, which, of course, made him strong when they sent him to the past under a younger star.

I know it's alternate continuity, so it's not necessarily valid. But unless there's an explanation out there in continuity that supports stellar classification, I'm going by this theory.

Well assuming that the evolutionary stages is what effects his powers, than I would think a white dwarf would have a bizarro effect on his powers or just gernally make him extremely weak, like you said.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:19 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star

C'mon, K.

You know damn well no one on the ARA is about to read the whole wikipedia article on stars.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:30 pm

Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:31 pm

lol star wars
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:35 pm

shazam! wrote:
lol star wars

How'd you get shazam's password, Thomas?
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 3:36 pm

True Believer wrote:
shazam! wrote:
lol star wars

How'd you get shazam's password, Thomas?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 pm

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star

C'mon, K.

You know damn well no one on the ARA is about to read the whole wikipedia article on stars.

lol i know but now no one has an excuse to use science facts about stars incorrectly Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:40 pm

Star Classification

Our Sun is a G2V type star, a yellow dwarf and a main sequence star.

Stars are classified by their spectra (the elements that they absorb) and their temperature. There are seven main types of stars. In order of decreasing temperature, O, B, A, F, G, K, and M.

O and B stars are uncommon but very bright; M stars are common but dim..

An easy mnemonic for remembering these is: "Oh be a fine girl, kiss me."

All from
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/astronomy/stars/startypes.shtml

Main Sequence Stars - Young Stars
Main sequence stars are the central band of stars on the Hertzsprung-Russell Diagram. These stars' energy comes from nuclear fusion, as they convert Hydrogen to Helium. Most stars (about 90%) are Main Sequence Stars. For these stars, the hotter they are, the brighter they are. The sun is a typical Main Sequence star.

DWARF STARS
Dwarf stars are relatively small stars, up to 20 times larger than our sun and up to 20,000 times brighter. Our sun is a dwarf star.

YELLOW DWARF
Yellow dwarfs are small, main sequence stars. The Sun is a yellow dwarf.

RED DWARF
A red dwarf is a small, cool, very faint, main sequence star whose surface temperature is under about 4,000 K. Red dwarfs are the most common type of star. Proxima Centauri is a red dwarf.

Giant and Supergiant Stars - Old, Large Stars
RED GIANT
A red giant is a relatively old star whose diameter is about 100 times bigger than it was originally, and had become cooler (the surface temperature is under 6,500 K). They are frequently orange in color. Betelgeuse is a red giant. It is about 20 times as massive as the Sun about 14,000 times brighter than the Sun, and about 600 light-years from Earth.

SUPERGIANT
A supergiant is the largest known type of star; some are almost as large as our entire solar system. Betelgeuse and Rigel are supergiants. These stars are rare. When supergiants die they supernova and become black holes.

BLUE GIANT
A blue giant is a huge, very hot, blue star. It is a post-main sequence star that burns helium.

Faint, Virtually Dead Stars:
WHITE DWARF
A white dwarf is a small, very dense, hot star that is made mostly of carbon. These faint stars are what remains after a red giant star loses its outer layers. Their nuclear cores are depleted. They are about the size of the Earth (but tremendously heavier)! They will eventually lose their heat and become a cold, dark black dwarf. Our sun will someday turn into a white dwarf and then a black dwarf. The companion of Sirius is a white dwarf.

BROWN DWARF
A brown dwarf is a "star" whose mass is too small to have nuclear fusion occur at its core (the temperature and pressure at its core are insufficient for fusion). A brown dwarf is not very luminous. It is usually regarded as having a mass between 1028 kg and 84 x 1028.

NEUTRON STAR
A neutron star is a very small, super-dense star which is composed mostly of tightly-packed neutrons. It has a thin atmosphere of hydrogen. It has a diameter of about 5-10 miles (5-16 km) and a density of roughly 10 15 gm/cm3.

PULSAR
A pulsar is a rapidly spinning neutron star that emits energy in pulses.

Binary Stars:
DOUBLE STAR
A double star is two stars that appear close to one another in the sky. Some are true binaries (two stars that revolve around one another); others just appear together from the Earth because they are both in the same line-of-sight.

BINARY STAR
A binary star is a system of two stars that rotate around a common center of mass (the barycenter). About half of all stars are in a group of at least two stars.

Polaris (the pole star of the Northern Hemisphere of Earth) is part of a binary star system.

ECLIPSING BINARY
An eclipsing binary is two close stars that appear to be a single star varying in brightness. The variation in brightness is due to the stars periodically obscuring or enhancing one another. This binary star system is tilted (with respect ot us) so that its orbital plane is viewed from its edge.

X-RAY BINARY STAR
X-ray binary stars are a special type of binary star in which one of the stars is a collapsed object such as a white dwarf, neutron star, or black hole. As matter is stripped from the normal star, it falls into the collapsed star, producing X-rays.

Variable Stars - Stars that Vary in Luminosity:
CEPHEID VARIABLE STARS
Cepheid variables are stars that regularly pulsate in size and change in brightness. As the star increases in size, its brightness decreases; then, the reverse occurs. Cepheid Variables may not be permanently variable; the fluctuations may just be an unstable phase the star is going through. Polaris and Delta Cephei are examples of Cepheids.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:56 pm

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 12459999496
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:02 pm

What's that you say?

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 Bush460
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Dan thank you for posting a bunch a shit that I already said, in a more ridiculous way.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 pm

You're welcome, but I don't think your post was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:29 pm

True Believer wrote:
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 12459999496

TB thank-you for the seizure........now to make sure more people get one.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:37 am

Teebs. I have a history of epilepsy. If I have a seizure and die. Im going to haunt your ass.

and by your ass I don't mean you. I mean your literal ass. Like Im going to haunt your rectum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

COMING ATTRACTIONS!
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next