the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink

the Anti-Registration Act


 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 SPIDEY!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: SPIDEY!   Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:16 pm

Because this topic just HAD to happen!

This is where you can discuss all the latest issues of ASM, future titles and ongoing books(you know it's bound to happen again (bound=pun)), and other Spidey related subjects.
Oh yeah, and if you feel you need to hate (ummmmm...*cough* PETE *cough*), this is where you can do it.

I found this very funny blog entry today and had to share. (I was at first going to put it into "IDKWETPT" but this topic's more apropos.) I don't think I've laughed as hard in a while...the comments this guy gets to his Spidey bashing are f#@$%&* HILARIOUS!!





http://noninedaywonder.blogspot.com/2007/12/why-i-would-not-like-to-be-spider-man.html

Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Why I would not like to be Spider Man.


aka why spider man sucks.

1. Lame power. Does not seem safe or plausible to be swinging from building to building with spider webs.
2. Spiders are ok, I'd rather be like a dinosaur or something.
3. The suit is a little much. couldn't you just wear like a t-shirt and jeans. and I guess something to disguise your face.
4. Sooo emo. We're supposed to trust superheros not fear that because he's upset he'll just say "oh well. fuck 'em all. I've got problems too!"
5. Does he have a spider bite that makes other people spiders? don't think so. the whole "vampire" aspect would be cool. you should work on that marvel.





9 comments:
Tim said...
You, sir, are a dumbass. First of all spiderwebs are among the strongest materials known to man, and if you actually researched what you were dishing on, you'd know that. Not to mention the fact that the spider was radioactive. Secondly, dinosaurs suck mainly because they are EXTINCT. How many dinosaurs do you know that can swing from webs, spit venom and strike fear into the hearts of millions world-wide even though most are smaller than a quarter? Dinosaurs couldn't even survive their own Apocalypse, smart-one. Thirdly, how much ass could YOU kick wearing jeans and a t-shirt? Sure Frank Castle did it (also awesome) but Spidey's suit gave him a greater range of motion for more ass-kicking.(DUH). What makes a true superhero isn't what they wear or their super-powers, it the fact that they push their own problems aside and sacrifice their life for a greater good (i.e. the lives of millions of other people who can't defend theirselves against villains). Lastly, the spider that bit Peter Parker, WAS RADIOACTIVE DUMBASS!

March 4, 2008 12:12 PM
Anonymous said...
I would just like to say.
you are ridiculosly stupid.

Spiderman owns, have you ever seen him lose?
and when he does. he gets right back up and kicks ass.

and dinosaurs?
are you freaking stupid?

you are. sorry.

dinosaurs cant go in buildings or anything.
they'll freaking destroy the city.

DOUCHE.

think your stupid comments through next time.

Tim is a genius.


From Spidersam.
Whos cooler then you.

March 4, 2008 9:03 PM
Anonymous said...
go eat willy

March 4, 2008 9:04 PM
Anonymous said...
BATMAN OWNS YOU ALL. SPIDERMAN IS LITTLE COMPITION TO HIM AND HE DOESN'T HAVE TO HAVE SUPER POWERS TO BE AMAZING. PLUS IM ARACNIPHOBIC SO EVEN IF I WERE ABOUT TO DIE I WOULDN'T WANT TO BE SAVED BY SPIDERMAN CUZ HE HAS SPIDER IN HIS FUCKING NAME.PLUS HE IS VERY FLAMBOUYANT WITH HIS BRIGHT COLORS.

April 18, 2008 8:31 PM
Anonymous said...
wow........ btw spiderman rules he can lift 20 tons look it up at http://www.superherodb.com/profile.php?hero=Spider-Man

April 20, 2008 12:54 PM
Anonymous said...
you fail. spiderman is more badass than your dad!

April 30, 2008 4:28 AM
Anonymous said...
do you have powers!




no i didnt think so

May 28, 2008 5:53 AM
spideyfan said...
It's okay, not a problem to hate Spider-Man. I'm hugely a Spider-Man fan who opened a blog exclusively to spidey, but I do have my moments thinking he stinks.

About the total obscurity, the emotional moments and him being feared: These are the three main points that made Spider-Man one of the most successful comic book characters, and made his books most successful.

Each has the right to his/her point about something; you hate Spider-Man but I love Spider-Man and hate "Death Note", Spawn, "Moon Knight" and "Ghost Rider". Just don't let some people like those two piss you off.

June 18, 2008 9:11 AM
Merri said...
You guys are all idiots. The dude's got a right to his own opinion, and if he doesn't like Spiderman, why do you give a shit? Just deal with it. He's just some dude, online, typing.

Dinosaurs are kickass.

And you, lovely lovely 'Tim', as fantastically obvious and truthful the points you bring up are, who cares? IT'S A BLOG. GET OVER IT.

June 19, 2008 6:25 AM
Post a Comment
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:11 am

yeah but the point is....



its basically trying to be 70's spidey rehased in current times...




its already been done, its much better, and its called Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:21 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
yeah but the point is....



its basically trying to be 70's spidey rehased in current times...




its already been done, its much better, and its called Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.

That's a kid's title.

I just read the first Ellis Thunderbolts trade (issues 110-115) and it finally really sank in how prior to BND, the Marvel Universe was affected by Spidey's unmasking. The Steel Spider arc had a thinly veiled sub plot wherein Osborn wants to take out his revenge on Spider-Man and

Spoiler:
 

The arc also brought to my attention once again how painly annoying the unmasking was in Marvel continuity and that it had to be resolved.

So...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:27 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
yeah but the point is....



its basically trying to be 70's spidey rehased in current times...




its already been done, its much better, and its called Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.

That's a kid's title.

I just read the first Ellis Thunderbolts trade (issues 110-115) and it finally really sank in how prior to BND, the Marvel Universe was affected by Spidey's unmasking. The Steel Spider arc had a thinly veiled sub plot wherein Osborn wants to take out his revenge on Spider-Man and

Spoiler:
 

The arc also brought to my attention once again how painly annoying the unmasking was in Marvel continuity and that it had to be resolved.

So...



blaming it on a interdimentional being who for a time, represent the Devil himself, and asking him to mindwipe it all was obviously the logical choice. Yes... how could I have not seen the light?



I mean, it wasn't like there was a Skrull Invasion in process at Marvel, which easily could have retconned that situation, or hell even the Scarlet Spider Corp (gotta use Scarlet Spider in the alliteration) didn't have an issue where they actually assited Parker, and brought into question if he really was Spidey...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:32 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
yeah but the point is....



its basically trying to be 70's spidey rehased in current times...




its already been done, its much better, and its called Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.

That's a kid's title.

I just read the first Ellis Thunderbolts trade (issues 110-115) and it finally really sank in how prior to BND, the Marvel Universe was affected by Spidey's unmasking. The Steel Spider arc had a thinly veiled sub plot wherein Osborn wants to take out his revenge on Spider-Man and

Spoiler:
 

The arc also brought to my attention once again how painly annoying the unmasking was in Marvel continuity and that it had to be resolved.

So...



blaming it on a interdimentional being who for a time, represent the Devil himself, and asking him to mindwipe it all was obviously the logical choice. Yes... how could I have not seen the light?



I mean, it wasn't like there was a Skrull Invasion in process at Marvel, which easily could have retconned that situation, or hell even the Scarlet Spider Corp (gotta use Scarlet Spider in the alliteration) didn't have an issue where they actually assited Parker, and brought into question if he really was Spidey...

Well, look, Marvel obviously wanted to resolve a few other problems as well.

Read the current ASM arc. I promise you'll enjoy the read. Besides, it's not likely that they'll retcon BND so you're kinda stuck either never reading a new ASM issue ever again or giving it a chance and seeing where it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:47 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
yeah but the point is....



its basically trying to be 70's spidey rehased in current times...




its already been done, its much better, and its called Marvel Adventures Spider-Man.

That's a kid's title.

I just read the first Ellis Thunderbolts trade (issues 110-115) and it finally really sank in how prior to BND, the Marvel Universe was affected by Spidey's unmasking. The Steel Spider arc had a thinly veiled sub plot wherein Osborn wants to take out his revenge on Spider-Man and

Spoiler:
 

The arc also brought to my attention once again how painly annoying the unmasking was in Marvel continuity and that it had to be resolved.

So...



blaming it on a interdimentional being who for a time, represent the Devil himself, and asking him to mindwipe it all was obviously the logical choice. Yes... how could I have not seen the light?



I mean, it wasn't like there was a Skrull Invasion in process at Marvel, which easily could have retconned that situation, or hell even the Scarlet Spider Corp (gotta use Scarlet Spider in the alliteration) didn't have an issue where they actually assited Parker, and brought into question if he really was Spidey...

Well, look, Marvel obviously wanted to resolve a few other problems as well.

Read the current ASM arc. I promise you'll enjoy the read. Besides, it's not likely that they'll retcon BND so you're kinda stuck either never reading a new ASM issue ever again or giving it a chance and seeing where it goes.


eh... is it the "who's the OTHER Spidey?" story... or is it finally the "New Ways to Die" story.... featuring ANTI-VENOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



NEW BADASS AND ORIGINAL!!!


I'm sure they'll retcon it later, or at least "put it back together" somewhat. Anyways might as well request BND since I refuse to waste my money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:06 am

Let me know what you think of McKone's artwork.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
avatar

Male Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:26 pm

I'd like to point out, without taking sides because I don't want become embroiled once again in this eternal argument, that the unmasking of Spidey was only done because they already knew they had OMD in place, so OMD is actually responsible for that little story, rather the resolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:15 pm

True Believer wrote:
I'd like to point out, without taking sides because I don't want become embroiled once again in this eternal argument, that the unmasking of Spidey was only done because they already knew they had OMD in place, so OMD is actually responsible for that little story, rather the resolution.


Well thank you for providing some info to help my side of the arguement.



just further proves that OMD was half assed at absolute best, and the result isn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:44 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
I'd like to point out, without taking sides because I don't want become embroiled once again in this eternal argument, that the unmasking of Spidey was only done because they already knew they had OMD in place, so OMD is actually responsible for that little story, rather the resolution.


Well thank you for providing some info to help my side of the arguement.



just further proves that OMD was half assed at absolute best, and the result isn't worth it.


Helping your argument how exactly?

If TB's right then it just shows that Marvel wanted to mess with Spidey one last time before they cleared the slate. It just sold more books during Civil War and got more people wanting a retcon. So Marvel only created more demand for something like OMD that would take care of all the silly history added in the last 20 years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:31 pm

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
I'd like to point out, without taking sides because I don't want become embroiled once again in this eternal argument, that the unmasking of Spidey was only done because they already knew they had OMD in place, so OMD is actually responsible for that little story, rather the resolution.


Well thank you for providing some info to help my side of the arguement.



just further proves that OMD was half assed at absolute best, and the result isn't worth it.


Helping your argument how exactly?

If TB's right then it just shows that Marvel wanted to mess with Spidey one last time before they cleared the slate. It just sold more books during Civil War and got more people wanting a retcon. So Marvel only created more demand for something like OMD that would take care of all the silly history added in the last 20 years.


because the one semi-valid arguement FOR BND is null and void. like "oh Spidey can't be unmasked! blah blah blah" Obviously not all of the history in the last 20 years was "silly" But sure, recent stuff was eh... but they already forgot most of it Pre-OMD. So whats the big deal, I mean does Mephisto wipe out every failure of the Fantastic 4? No.... its crazy.



the point is, they haven't fixed anything, just made more holes and made a joke out of the little word called "continuity" that some people believe in. And some people eat it up like its this "awesome thing"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:02 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
I'd like to point out, without taking sides because I don't want become embroiled once again in this eternal argument, that the unmasking of Spidey was only done because they already knew they had OMD in place, so OMD is actually responsible for that little story, rather the resolution.


Well thank you for providing some info to help my side of the arguement.



just further proves that OMD was half assed at absolute best, and the result isn't worth it.


Helping your argument how exactly?

If TB's right then it just shows that Marvel wanted to mess with Spidey one last time before they cleared the slate. It just sold more books during Civil War and got more people wanting a retcon. So Marvel only created more demand for something like OMD that would take care of all the silly history added in the last 20 years.


because the one semi-valid arguement FOR BND is null and void. like "oh Spidey can't be unmasked! blah blah blah" Obviously not all of the history in the last 20 years was "silly" But sure, recent stuff was eh... but they already forgot most of it Pre-OMD. So whats the big deal, I mean does Mephisto wipe out every failure of the Fantastic 4? No.... its crazy.



the point is, they haven't fixed anything, just made more holes and made a joke out of the little word called "continuity" that some people believe in. And some people eat it up like its this "awesome thing"

Ahhh, but ...the end justifies the means. Mephisto, Shmephisto...problem solved! No more MJ, Pete's back to being destitute, no more funny new powers as a result of the Other nonsense, no more trips to far corners of the globe with stupid benefactor/guardian angel guys to learn more about the mythology behind his powers, etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:10 pm

Did you ever have one those dreams where you're in school or you come to work and you're...

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:03 pm

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
I'd like to point out, without taking sides because I don't want become embroiled once again in this eternal argument, that the unmasking of Spidey was only done because they already knew they had OMD in place, so OMD is actually responsible for that little story, rather the resolution.


Well thank you for providing some info to help my side of the arguement.



just further proves that OMD was half assed at absolute best, and the result isn't worth it.


Helping your argument how exactly?

If TB's right then it just shows that Marvel wanted to mess with Spidey one last time before they cleared the slate. It just sold more books during Civil War and got more people wanting a retcon. So Marvel only created more demand for something like OMD that would take care of all the silly history added in the last 20 years.


because the one semi-valid arguement FOR BND is null and void. like "oh Spidey can't be unmasked! blah blah blah" Obviously not all of the history in the last 20 years was "silly" But sure, recent stuff was eh... but they already forgot most of it Pre-OMD. So whats the big deal, I mean does Mephisto wipe out every failure of the Fantastic 4? No.... its crazy.



the point is, they haven't fixed anything, just made more holes and made a joke out of the little word called "continuity" that some people believe in. And some people eat it up like its this "awesome thing"

Ahhh, but ...the end justifies the means. Mephisto, Shmephisto...problem solved! No more MJ, Pete's back to being destitute, no more funny new powers as a result of the Other nonsense, no more trips to far corners of the globe with stupid benefactor/guardian angel guys to learn more about the mythology behind his powers, etc., etc.


Yeah but it hasn't.


The new stories aren't anything to rave about, no one really knows what the hell is going on anymore. Basically the only two who actually "praise" it is you and Joe Q. Plus anything positive that happened to Pete in the last 20 years is gone as well. Good thing the amazing story of "Kraven's Last Hunt" is invalid. Isn't there an upcoming issue with the "Kraven Grave" on the cover? Yeah lets ruin that. Oh right, but it didn't mess with continuity did it? All that still happened.... right? Isn't that Q-boy's words? The Other nonsense still happened, he still traveled the globe with... Ezekiel? He was killed by Morlun, he did in fact give birth to himself. He still has those funny powers... but guess what?


HE FORGOT ABOUT THEM.


he also forgot how to fight and lost his ability to leap over hot dog stands. Not to mention that he forgot how to make web fluid cost effective, something he did while being a poor college student.


Yes, clearly the end has justified the means... what could I have been thinking?


We also won't cover the fact that somehow only Deadpool knows the truth, despite there being many forces who should have been immune... but it doesn't matter, because Parker can safely download porn now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:18 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
I'd like to point out, without taking sides because I don't want become embroiled once again in this eternal argument, that the unmasking of Spidey was only done because they already knew they had OMD in place, so OMD is actually responsible for that little story, rather the resolution.


Well thank you for providing some info to help my side of the arguement.



just further proves that OMD was half assed at absolute best, and the result isn't worth it.


Helping your argument how exactly?

If TB's right then it just shows that Marvel wanted to mess with Spidey one last time before they cleared the slate. It just sold more books during Civil War and got more people wanting a retcon. So Marvel only created more demand for something like OMD that would take care of all the silly history added in the last 20 years.


because the one semi-valid arguement FOR BND is null and void. like "oh Spidey can't be unmasked! blah blah blah" Obviously not all of the history in the last 20 years was "silly" But sure, recent stuff was eh... but they already forgot most of it Pre-OMD. So whats the big deal, I mean does Mephisto wipe out every failure of the Fantastic 4? No.... its crazy.



the point is, they haven't fixed anything, just made more holes and made a joke out of the little word called "continuity" that some people believe in. And some people eat it up like its this "awesome thing"

Ahhh, but ...the end justifies the means. Mephisto, Shmephisto...problem solved! No more MJ, Pete's back to being destitute, no more funny new powers as a result of the Other nonsense, no more trips to far corners of the globe with stupid benefactor/guardian angel guys to learn more about the mythology behind his powers, etc., etc.


Yeah but it hasn't.


The new stories aren't anything to rave about, no one really knows what the hell is going on anymore. Basically the only two who actually "praise" it is you and Joe Q. Plus anything positive that happened to Pete in the last 20 years is gone as well. Good thing the amazing story of "Kraven's Last Hunt" is invalid. Isn't there an upcoming issue with the "Kraven Grave" on the cover? Yeah lets ruin that. Oh right, but it didn't mess with continuity did it? All that still happened.... right? Isn't that Q-boy's words? The Other nonsense still happened, he still traveled the globe with... Ezekiel? He was killed by Morlun, he did in fact give birth to himself. He still has those funny powers... but guess what?


HE FORGOT ABOUT THEM.


he also forgot how to fight and lost his ability to leap over hot dog stands. Not to mention that he forgot how to make web fluid cost effective, something he did while being a poor college student.


Yes, clearly the end has justified the means... what could I have been thinking?


We also won't cover the fact that somehow only Deadpool knows the truth, despite there being many forces who should have been immune... but it doesn't matter, because Parker can safely download porn now.

In reverse order:

I don't think Parker owns a computer. Have you ever seen him use his own? He's got crazy computer skills apparently but has never owned a computer...

No one is immune to what Mephisto did! Mwuahahaahahaha. Come on...did you really think that in the beginning, when Spidey's identity was a secret to everyone, that guys like Strange, Daredevil, Iron Man, Wolvie, etc... couldn't have known...You shouldn't use logic where it doesn't belong.


"he also forgot how to fight and lost his ability to leap over hot dog stands. Not to mention that he forgot how to make web fluid cost effective, something he did while being a poor college student."
He didn't forget how to fight...he was a chasing a Screwball who's an expert in Parkour. But if you haven't been reading ASM, you wouldn' know that...Stop reading other people's criticisms without reading it for yourself. You'll then realize the book is now very entertaining despite your personal feelings about BND.
Good point about the spider fluid...but again, you're using logic and this is make-belief. Maybe when he was in school or college, he had access to expensive ingredients that he no longer has access to. That's one possible explanation. He's worked in labs as an assistant to a professor before as well.


About the Other...I'm not sure if that all actually happened or not. I'm curious where you read about that being retained in the continuity. If it did, and PP gets his Other powers again, I'll be pissed!

And by the way, I've never said that ASM has had the best stories lately. Not even close unfortunately but the reading is very light and entertaining. For quality I prefer GoG, Nova, Thor, and now also back issues of Ellis' Thunderbolts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:49 pm

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
I'd like to point out, without taking sides because I don't want become embroiled once again in this eternal argument, that the unmasking of Spidey was only done because they already knew they had OMD in place, so OMD is actually responsible for that little story, rather the resolution.


Well thank you for providing some info to help my side of the arguement.



just further proves that OMD was half assed at absolute best, and the result isn't worth it.


Helping your argument how exactly?

If TB's right then it just shows that Marvel wanted to mess with Spidey one last time before they cleared the slate. It just sold more books during Civil War and got more people wanting a retcon. So Marvel only created more demand for something like OMD that would take care of all the silly history added in the last 20 years.


because the one semi-valid arguement FOR BND is null and void. like "oh Spidey can't be unmasked! blah blah blah" Obviously not all of the history in the last 20 years was "silly" But sure, recent stuff was eh... but they already forgot most of it Pre-OMD. So whats the big deal, I mean does Mephisto wipe out every failure of the Fantastic 4? No.... its crazy.



the point is, they haven't fixed anything, just made more holes and made a joke out of the little word called "continuity" that some people believe in. And some people eat it up like its this "awesome thing"

Ahhh, but ...the end justifies the means. Mephisto, Shmephisto...problem solved! No more MJ, Pete's back to being destitute, no more funny new powers as a result of the Other nonsense, no more trips to far corners of the globe with stupid benefactor/guardian angel guys to learn more about the mythology behind his powers, etc., etc.


Yeah but it hasn't.


The new stories aren't anything to rave about, no one really knows what the hell is going on anymore. Basically the only two who actually "praise" it is you and Joe Q. Plus anything positive that happened to Pete in the last 20 years is gone as well. Good thing the amazing story of "Kraven's Last Hunt" is invalid. Isn't there an upcoming issue with the "Kraven Grave" on the cover? Yeah lets ruin that. Oh right, but it didn't mess with continuity did it? All that still happened.... right? Isn't that Q-boy's words? The Other nonsense still happened, he still traveled the globe with... Ezekiel? He was killed by Morlun, he did in fact give birth to himself. He still has those funny powers... but guess what?


HE FORGOT ABOUT THEM.


he also forgot how to fight and lost his ability to leap over hot dog stands. Not to mention that he forgot how to make web fluid cost effective, something he did while being a poor college student.


Yes, clearly the end has justified the means... what could I have been thinking?


We also won't cover the fact that somehow only Deadpool knows the truth, despite there being many forces who should have been immune... but it doesn't matter, because Parker can safely download porn now.

In reverse order:

I don't think Parker owns a computer. Have you ever seen him use his own? He's got crazy computer skills apparently but has never owned a computer...

No one is immune to what Mephisto did! Mwuahahaahahaha. Come on...did you really think that in the beginning, when Spidey's identity was a secret to everyone, that guys like Strange, Daredevil, Iron Man, Wolvie, etc... couldn't have known...You shouldn't use logic where it doesn't belong.


"he also forgot how to fight and lost his ability to leap over hot dog stands. Not to mention that he forgot how to make web fluid cost effective, something he did while being a poor college student."
He didn't forget how to fight...he was a chasing a Screwball who's an expert in Parkour. But if you haven't been reading ASM, you wouldn' know that...Stop reading other people's criticisms without reading it for yourself. You'll then realize the book is now very entertaining despite your personal feelings about BND.
Good point about the spider fluid...but again, you're using logic and this is make-belief. Maybe when he was in school or college, he had access to expensive ingredients that he no longer has access to. That's one possible explanation. He's worked in labs as an assistant to a professor before as well.


About the Other...I'm not sure if that all actually happened or not. I'm curious where you read about that being retained in the continuity. If it did, and PP gets his Other powers again, I'll be pissed!

And by the way, I've never said that ASM has had the best stories lately. Not even close unfortunately but the reading is very light and entertaining. For quality I prefer GoG, Nova, Thor, and now also back issues of Ellis' Thunderbolts.


The porn comment was actually from Joey Q. Saying now that he's ingle again, he's free to download porn safely.

Wasn't it basically covered when DD and Parker first met how Matt knew his identity by the same rhythm of his heartbeat? I'd understand removing it from most of the world, but they're elaborating on how NO ONE knows.

Yeah the "lab assistant" and "potentially had access to expensive ingredients" arguement would be valid if it wasn't for the fact that Ben Reiley made web fluid out of stuff found at your local 7/11 for less than 25 bucks. It's stated and Joel can confirm it. Sure you might try to agure that "its inferior" web fluid, but its better than the lame "Jeepers! I'm out of web fluid" Okay... so he's an expert on Parkour... why didn't he chase him after crashing into the cart? Why did he waste his time shooting a tracker than.. oh I don't know... webbing him? Really... Screwball escapes by a bus? So Spidey's speed has decreased so much that he can no longer go the speed of New York traffic?

Q-boy has stated pretty much every time that everything has happened, except for MJ being preggo... and well... whatever he wants to say didn't happen later on. But as of right now, the Other still in fact existed. You can blame Joey Q for that, because JMS was hoping to remove that, Sins Past, and some other failures with this massive retcon, but Joe Q wouldn't allow it. So yeah, Gwen still had steamy dirty sex with Osborn, and sloppy seconds with the Goblin. That much at least is confirmed due to the recent monologue seen in Thunderbolts 120.

I know, but you're one of the few who actualy say "several positive" things. I understand that aside from the clusterfuck known as OMD, the stories themselves aren't too bad. But in the grand scheme of things, most of them could be told with MJ in the picture, just have to utilize... "creativity". No reason why half the new villians can't be there regardless of his marital status.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:10 am

PeteWisdom wrote:

So yeah, Gwen still had steamy dirty sex with Osborn, and sloppy seconds with the Goblin. That much at least is confirmed due to the recent monologue seen in Thunderbolts 120.

WHAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S Some serious b.s.! That story is such a thorn in my side...And now it's back?! I can't believe that of all the stories, that wasn't retconned. Now I see why you told me to read Thunderbolts #120.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:39 pm

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
avatar

Male Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:47 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Photobucket

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Jesus Christ, Spider-Man! You'd think you could've helped . . . Jesus Christ!

"So then, Mephisto was all like --"

"Gee, Spider-Man that's really interesting but would you mind taking these nails out of my fucking hand!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:49 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Photobucket

that is hilarious!!!

and yes I know I'm gonna burn for that one... maybe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
avatar

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:00 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Photobucket


I gotta go read my Bible. SPIDEY HELPED OUT CHRIST (but barely)?!?!?! JESUS WAS A HIPPIE?!?!?!?!

_________________
_________________
_________________





That's right. BACON.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:01 pm

True Believer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Photobucket

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Jesus Christ, Spider-Man! You'd think you could've helped . . . Jesus Christ!

"So then, Mephisto was all like --"

"Gee, Spider-Man that's really interesting but would you mind taking these nails out of my fucking hand!"

I love the random Anti-Drug message that comes out of no where at the end.



not to mention the whole page of blasphemy. Ha ha ha ha ha.


Wow... and to think... Spidey helping out in biblical times, you'd think he would have realized the dangers of dealing with the Devil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:49 am

I knew someone would appreciate the little PSA at the end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:52 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

So yeah, Gwen still had steamy dirty sex with Osborn, and sloppy seconds with the Goblin. That much at least is confirmed due to the recent monologue seen in Thunderbolts 120.

WHAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S Some serious b.s.! That story is such a thorn in my side...And now it's back?! I can't believe that of all the stories, that wasn't retconned. Now I see why you told me to read Thunderbolts #120.



well its fine because its during the Norman Rant..

but yeah..




Quesada made JMS keep all that crap in continuity, despite JMS's best efforts to remove it. And people say that Q-boy doesn't force his mandate and personal bias into other peoples stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:01 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

So yeah, Gwen still had steamy dirty sex with Osborn, and sloppy seconds with the Goblin. That much at least is confirmed due to the recent monologue seen in Thunderbolts 120.

WHAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S Some serious b.s.! That story is such a thorn in my side...And now it's back?! I can't believe that of all the stories, that wasn't retconned. Now I see why you told me to read Thunderbolts #120.



well its fine because its during the Norman Rant..

but yeah..




Quesada made JMS keep all that crap in continuity, despite JMS's best efforts to remove it. And people say that Q-boy doesn't force his mandate and personal bias into other peoples stories.

So, JMS has actually wanted some of his own stories taken out of continuity? Really? I'm curious which other ones. I'm not sure I believe that JQ wouldn't take out the Stacey story out of continuity if given the chance. I guess I need to read the current issues of Thunderbolts to see it for myself.

If JQ intentionally left in the Stacey story, then I'm completely confused about his plans for Spidey AND he's an idiot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   

Back to top Go down
 
SPIDEY!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: