the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink

the Anti-Registration Act


 
HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 SPIDEY!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:11 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

So yeah, Gwen still had steamy dirty sex with Osborn, and sloppy seconds with the Goblin. That much at least is confirmed due to the recent monologue seen in Thunderbolts 120.

WHAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S Some serious b.s.! That story is such a thorn in my side...And now it's back?! I can't believe that of all the stories, that wasn't retconned. Now I see why you told me to read Thunderbolts #120.



well its fine because its during the Norman Rant..

but yeah..




Quesada made JMS keep all that crap in continuity, despite JMS's best efforts to remove it. And people say that Q-boy doesn't force his mandate and personal bias into other peoples stories.

So, JMS has actually wanted some of his own stories taken out of continuity? Really? I'm curious which other ones. I'm not sure I believe that JQ wouldn't take out the Stacey story out of continuity if given the chance. I guess I need to read the current issues of Thunderbolts to see it for myself.

If JQ intentionally left in the Stacey story, then I'm completely confused about his plans for Spidey AND he's an idiot!

Not only that, but Joey actually wanted to bring her back.


The story initially was that they were Gwen's and Peter's kid. But giving Peter Kids out of wedlock is bad for the "wholesome spidey image" (But making deals with the devil isn't) and it would also further his "age". So naturally they had to change it halfway through... and thats why they're Osborn's.

I don't know where the article went to, but it was in the Post OMD crap. It was was JMS interview and he said "I was left with this bag of crap in my hands, and couldn't get rid of it" Or somethign to that effect, it was the same article where the "it's magic, we don't have to explain it" saying came from.


I believe he also wanted to take out The Other. The whole dying and giving birth to himself thing.


I just recall it mostly being Sins Past, and Other, don't know about anything else for sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:35 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

So yeah, Gwen still had steamy dirty sex with Osborn, and sloppy seconds with the Goblin. That much at least is confirmed due to the recent monologue seen in Thunderbolts 120.

WHAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S Some serious b.s.! That story is such a thorn in my side...And now it's back?! I can't believe that of all the stories, that wasn't retconned. Now I see why you told me to read Thunderbolts #120.



well its fine because its during the Norman Rant..

but yeah..




Quesada made JMS keep all that crap in continuity, despite JMS's best efforts to remove it. And people say that Q-boy doesn't force his mandate and personal bias into other peoples stories.

So, JMS has actually wanted some of his own stories taken out of continuity? Really? I'm curious which other ones. I'm not sure I believe that JQ wouldn't take out the Stacey story out of continuity if given the chance. I guess I need to read the current issues of Thunderbolts to see it for myself.

If JQ intentionally left in the Stacey story, then I'm completely confused about his plans for Spidey AND he's an idiot!

Not only that, but Joey actually wanted to bring her back.


The story initially was that they were Gwen's and Peter's kid. But giving Peter Kids out of wedlock is bad for the "wholesome spidey image" (But making deals with the devil isn't) and it would also further his "age". So naturally they had to change it halfway through... and thats why they're Osborn's.

I don't know where the article went to, but it was in the Post OMD crap. It was was JMS interview and he said "I was left with this bag of crap in my hands, and couldn't get rid of it" Or somethign to that effect, it was the same article where the "it's magic, we don't have to explain it" saying came from.


I believe he also wanted to take out The Other. The whole dying and giving birth to himself thing.


I just recall it mostly being Sins Past, and Other, don't know about anything else for sure.

Well, those two stories are the main ones i'd like to take out of continuity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:56 pm

I know right? ha ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:55 pm

I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
avatar

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:56 pm

Shaun wrote:
I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing

I think it's an interesting idea, but takes away the "every man" thing that is Spiderman.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
avatar

Male Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing

I think it's an interesting idea, but takes away the "every man" thing that is Spiderman.

. . . How?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:58 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing

I think it's an interesting idea, but takes away the "every man" thing that is Spiderman.

true but they could always bring back Ben for that role
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
avatar

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 am

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing

I think it's an interesting idea, but takes away the "every man" thing that is Spiderman.

. . . How?

Wasn't he supposed to be the latest Spider something or other? some ancient power he tapped into or something. It's been a long time since I read it.

But the original origin of him being a geek bitten by a spider was cleaner if nothing else. Less mythology.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing

I think it's an interesting idea, but takes away the "every man" thing that is Spiderman.

. . . How?

Wasn't he supposed to be the latest Spider something or other? some ancient power he tapped into or something. It's been a long time since I read it.

But the original origin of him being a geek bitten by a spider was cleaner if nothing else. Less mythology.
By adding the element of it being fate that PP was to become Spidey changed the origin around completely.

The whole totem concept was like some really badly conceptualized mythology. I don't think any other writer would've or could've followed up with that idea anyway. The Other concept drives a wedge between most readers and their conception of PP as the everyman by giving him this unfamiliar and creepy mystic significance in the Marvel Universe. He's also no longer part of one of the three usual categories of superheroes in the Marvel Universe(1) Mutant, (2) superpower/ability derived from an accident, or (3) deity or alien.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
avatar

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:24 am

DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:
I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing

I think it's an interesting idea, but takes away the "every man" thing that is Spiderman.

. . . How?

Wasn't he supposed to be the latest Spider something or other? some ancient power he tapped into or something. It's been a long time since I read it.

But the original origin of him being a geek bitten by a spider was cleaner if nothing else. Less mythology.
By adding the element of it being fate that PP was to become Spidey changed the origin around completely.

The whole totem concept was like some really badly conceptualized mythology. I don't think any other writer would've or could've followed up with that idea anyway. The Other concept drives a wedge between most readers and their conception of PP as the everyman by giving him this unfamiliar and creepy mystic significance in the Marvel Universe. He's also no longer part of one of the three usual categories of superheroes in the Marvel Universe(1) Mutant, (2) superpower/ability derived from an accident, or (3) deity or alien.

There you go.

what he said.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:40 am

But as far as I understood,


is that it brought a different viewpoint to Spidey's powers. Not defining completely, but theorized that it may have been meant to be, like fate, rather than by mere chance.



Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:47 am

PeteWisdom wrote:

Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.


AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

So what was one of your favorite ASM arcs or issues...ever? I'm talking about only the writing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.


AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

So what was one of your favorite ASM arcs or issues...ever? I'm talking about only the writing.



EVER?


Hmmm I don't know, but one that comes to mind right now is... Kraven's Last Hunt. I mean then theres like death of Harry Osborn and such too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:38 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.


AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

So what was one of your favorite ASM arcs or issues...ever? I'm talking about only the writing.



EVER?


Hmmm I don't know, but one that comes to mind right now is... Kraven's Last Hunt. I mean then theres like death of Harry Osborn and such too.

And aside from MacFarlane, favorite artist and what iss?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
avatar

Male Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:44 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.


AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

So what was one of your favorite ASM arcs or issues...ever? I'm talking about only the writing.



EVER?


Hmmm I don't know, but one that comes to mind right now is... Kraven's Last Hunt. I mean then theres like death of Harry Osborn and such too.

And aside from MacFarlane, favorite artist and what iss?



I said Goodnight DanE, that means YOU HAVE TO STOP POSTING. STOP TRYING TO CATCH UP TO ME...do you have anything to say to DanE, Stan...




Good man Stan. Go to bed DanE....though I don't know what timezone you're in.

_________________
_________________
_________________





That's right. BACON.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:55 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.


AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

So what was one of your favorite ASM arcs or issues...ever? I'm talking about only the writing.



EVER?


Hmmm I don't know, but one that comes to mind right now is... Kraven's Last Hunt. I mean then theres like death of Harry Osborn and such too.

And aside from MacFarlane, favorite artist and what iss?



I said Goodnight DanE, that means YOU HAVE TO STOP POSTING. STOP TRYING TO CATCH UP TO ME...do you have anything to say to DanE, Stan...




Good man Stan. Go to bed DanE....though I don't know what timezone you're in.

All I need is about 100 posts while you're asleep. I think I'll start some new topics... cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
avatar

Male Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.


AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

So what was one of your favorite ASM arcs or issues...ever? I'm talking about only the writing.



EVER?


Hmmm I don't know, but one that comes to mind right now is... Kraven's Last Hunt. I mean then theres like death of Harry Osborn and such too.

And aside from MacFarlane, favorite artist and what iss?



I said Goodnight DanE, that means YOU HAVE TO STOP POSTING. STOP TRYING TO CATCH UP TO ME...do you have anything to say to DanE, Stan...




Good man Stan. Go to bed DanE....though I don't know what timezone you're in.

All I need is about 100 posts while you're asleep. I think I'll start some new topics... cheers





At least it didn't work.

_________________
_________________
_________________





That's right. BACON.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:46 am

When Amazing Fantasy #15 was being prepared for the printers, Marvel had two covers to decide from. Steve Ditko's cover

Photobucket

and the classic and familiar Jack Kirby which was eventually chosen.
Photobucket

I personally am a fan of just about anything Jack Kirby has ever done and really like his cover. However, I personally still prefer Ditko's Spider-Man image (not the whole cover per se) simply for its dynamic and natural pose. Kirby's is obviously cleaner and the colors are more alive. Apparently so much thought went into Spider-Man by the whole Marvel team that they wanted to make sure the character worked for readers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas
Global
Global
avatar

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:03 am

DanElectro wrote:
When Amazing Fantasy #15 was being prepared for the printers, Marvel had two covers to decide from. Steve Ditko's cover

Photobucket

and the classic and familiar Jack Kirby which was eventually chosen.
Photobucket

I personally am a fan of just about anything Jack Kirby has ever done and really like his cover. However, I personally still prefer Ditko's Spider-Man image (not the whole cover per se) simply for its dynamic and natural pose. Kirby's is obviously cleaner and the colors are more alive. Apparently so much thought went into Spider-Man by the whole Marvel team that they wanted to make sure the character worked for readers.

I like the Kirby cover better.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
avatar

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:33 pm

I'd say Kirby just kinda that was because what I was accustomed to.


I did watch some of the old cartoons and stuff, and I read some of the "classic" Spidey reprints, so I mean the original is what would be Spidey for me.




Just like how I miss the webwings. I remember being sad when I was a kid, because none of the Spidey toys had webwings.




Yes I'm a fan of the webwings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas
Global
Global
avatar

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:39 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
I'd say Kirby just kinda that was because what I was accustomed to.


I did watch some of the old cartoons and stuff, and I read some of the "classic" Spidey reprints, so I mean the original is what would be Spidey for me.




Just like how I miss the webwings. I remember being sad when I was a kid, because none of the Spidey toys had webwings.




Yes I'm a fan of the webwings.

I always wanted a Spider-man toy when I was little, but never got one. They had a Spider-man and a Hulk action figure, in the play area at my church, that I used to play with, every Sunday we went, but it just wasn't the same.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:22 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
I'd say Kirby just kinda that was because what I was accustomed to.


I did watch some of the old cartoons and stuff, and I read some of the "classic" Spidey reprints, so I mean the original is what would be Spidey for me.




Just like how I miss the webwings. I remember being sad when I was a kid, because none of the Spidey toys had webwings.




Yes I'm a fan of the webwings.

Actually, I've noticed the webwings again in recent issues. I can't remember which of the issues exactly without going through each one, but they're there. They're very small and probably not used for gliding like the others were.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
avatar

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:02 pm

DanElectro wrote:
When Amazing Fantasy #15 was being prepared for the printers, Marvel had two covers to decide from. Steve Ditko's cover

Photobucket

and the classic and familiar Jack Kirby which was eventually chosen.
Photobucket

I personally am a fan of just about anything Jack Kirby has ever done and really like his cover. However, I personally still prefer Ditko's Spider-Man image (not the whole cover per se) simply for its dynamic and natural pose. Kirby's is obviously cleaner and the colors are more alive. Apparently so much thought went into Spider-Man by the whole Marvel team that they wanted to make sure the character worked for readers.

I would like to go on the record, and say, I have ALWAYS hated Steve Ditko's art.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
avatar

Male Age : 79

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 am

It's time for another bible story...or, more accurately, a Spidey Parable.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
avatar

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:01 am

DanElectro wrote:
It's time for another bible story...or, more accurately, a Spidey Parable.

Photobucket

and so it was written.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   

Back to top Go down
 
SPIDEY!
Back to top 
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: