the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPIDEY!

Go down 
+23
markrocks
GreatWhiteNinja
Gabe_Gray
howie024m
NoLuv4Hoes
shazam!
Liquid Sword
Hedinnweis
munson!
Tim Radd
Figga
REEF aka Luke Cage
Martin
CaptainJoel
TJ
GoZ
Thomas
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
Shaun
True Believer
DanElectro
PeteWisdom
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 38

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 5:11 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

So yeah, Gwen still had steamy dirty sex with Osborn, and sloppy seconds with the Goblin. That much at least is confirmed due to the recent monologue seen in Thunderbolts 120.

WHAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S Some serious b.s.! That story is such a thorn in my side...And now it's back?! I can't believe that of all the stories, that wasn't retconned. Now I see why you told me to read Thunderbolts #120.

well its fine because its during the Norman Rant..

but yeah..

Quesada made JMS keep all that crap in continuity, despite JMS's best efforts to remove it. And people say that Q-boy doesn't force his mandate and personal bias into other peoples stories.

So, JMS has actually wanted some of his own stories taken out of continuity? Really? I'm curious which other ones. I'm not sure I believe that JQ wouldn't take out the Stacey story out of continuity if given the chance. I guess I need to read the current issues of Thunderbolts to see it for myself.

If JQ intentionally left in the Stacey story, then I'm completely confused about his plans for Spidey AND he's an idiot!

Not only that, but Joey actually wanted to bring her back.

The story initially was that they were Gwen's and Peter's kid. But giving Peter Kids out of wedlock is bad for the "wholesome spidey image" (But making deals with the devil isn't) and it would also further his "age". So naturally they had to change it halfway through... and thats why they're Osborn's.

I don't know where the article went to, but it was in the Post OMD crap. It was was JMS interview and he said "I was left with this bag of crap in my hands, and couldn't get rid of it" Or somethign to that effect, it was the same article where the "it's magic, we don't have to explain it" saying came from.

I believe he also wanted to take out The Other. The whole dying and giving birth to himself thing.

I just recall it mostly being Sins Past, and Other, don't know about anything else for sure.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 7:35 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

So yeah, Gwen still had steamy dirty sex with Osborn, and sloppy seconds with the Goblin. That much at least is confirmed due to the recent monologue seen in Thunderbolts 120.

WHAAAAAAAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S Some serious b.s.! That story is such a thorn in my side...And now it's back?! I can't believe that of all the stories, that wasn't retconned. Now I see why you told me to read Thunderbolts #120.

well its fine because its during the Norman Rant..

but yeah..

Quesada made JMS keep all that crap in continuity, despite JMS's best efforts to remove it. And people say that Q-boy doesn't force his mandate and personal bias into other peoples stories.

So, JMS has actually wanted some of his own stories taken out of continuity? Really? I'm curious which other ones. I'm not sure I believe that JQ wouldn't take out the Stacey story out of continuity if given the chance. I guess I need to read the current issues of Thunderbolts to see it for myself.

If JQ intentionally left in the Stacey story, then I'm completely confused about his plans for Spidey AND he's an idiot!

Not only that, but Joey actually wanted to bring her back.

The story initially was that they were Gwen's and Peter's kid. But giving Peter Kids out of wedlock is bad for the "wholesome spidey image" (But making deals with the devil isn't) and it would also further his "age". So naturally they had to change it halfway through... and thats why they're Osborn's.

I don't know where the article went to, but it was in the Post OMD crap. It was was JMS interview and he said "I was left with this bag of crap in my hands, and couldn't get rid of it" Or somethign to that effect, it was the same article where the "it's magic, we don't have to explain it" saying came from.

I believe he also wanted to take out The Other. The whole dying and giving birth to himself thing.

I just recall it mostly being Sins Past, and Other, don't know about anything else for sure.

Well, those two stories are the main ones i'd like to take out of continuity.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 12:56 pm

I know right? ha ha
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:55 pm

I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:56 pm

Shaun wrote:
I liked the concept of The Other, granted some of the additional powers he got were stupid but I dug the whole "tapping into his spider side" thing

I think it's an interesting idea, but takes away the "every man" thing that is Spiderman.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:57 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:

I think it's an interesting idea, but takes away the "every man" thing that is Spiderman.

. . . How?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 11:58 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:

true but they could always bring back Ben for that role
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 am

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:

. . . How?

Wasn't he supposed to be the latest Spider something or other? some ancient power he tapped into or something. It's been a long time since I read it.

But the original origin of him being a geek bitten by a spider was cleaner if nothing else. Less mythology.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:

. . . How?

Wasn't he supposed to be the latest Spider something or other? some ancient power he tapped into or something. It's been a long time since I read it.

But the original origin of him being a geek bitten by a spider was cleaner if nothing else. Less mythology.
By adding the element of it being fate that PP was to become Spidey changed the origin around completely.

The whole totem concept was like some really badly conceptualized mythology. I don't think any other writer would've or could've followed up with that idea anyway. The Other concept drives a wedge between most readers and their conception of PP as the everyman by giving him this unfamiliar and creepy mystic significance in the Marvel Universe. He's also no longer part of one of the three usual categories of superheroes in the Marvel Universe(1) Mutant, (2) superpower/ability derived from an accident, or (3) deity or alien.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:24 am

DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:

. . . How?

By adding the element of it being fate that PP was to become Spidey changed the origin around completely.

The whole totem concept was like some really badly conceptualized mythology. I don't think any other writer would've or could've followed up with that idea anyway. The Other concept drives a wedge between most readers and their conception of PP as the everyman by giving him this unfamiliar and creepy mystic significance in the Marvel Universe. He's also no longer part of one of the three usual categories of superheroes in the Marvel Universe(1) Mutant, (2) superpower/ability derived from an accident, or (3) deity or alien.

There you go.

what he said.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:40 am

But as far as I understood,

is that it brought a different viewpoint to Spidey's powers. Not defining completely, but theorized that it may have been meant to be, like fate, rather than by mere chance.

Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:47 am

PeteWisdom wrote:

Though its been forever since I actually read it, I forced myself through it the first time... hard to do it a second.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

So what was one of your favorite ASM arcs or issues...ever? I'm talking about only the writing.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:51 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

So what was one of your favorite ASM arcs or issues...ever? I'm talking about only the writing.

EVER?

Hmmm I don't know, but one that comes to mind right now is... Kraven's Last Hunt. I mean then theres like death of Harry Osborn and such too.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:38 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

EVER?

Hmmm I don't know, but one that comes to mind right now is... Kraven's Last Hunt. I mean then theres like death of Harry Osborn and such too.

And aside from MacFarlane, favorite artist and what iss?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:44 am

DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

EVER?

I said Goodnight DanE, that means YOU HAVE TO STOP POSTING. STOP TRYING TO CATCH UP TO ME...do you have anything to say to DanE, Stan...

SPIDEY! - Page 2 StanLee

Good man Stan. Go to bed DanE....though I don't know what timezone you're in.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:55 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

EVER?

I said Goodnight DanE, that means YOU HAVE TO STOP POSTING. STOP TRYING TO CATCH UP TO ME...do you have anything to say to DanE, Stan...

SPIDEY! - Page 2 StanLee

All I need is about 100 posts while you're asleep. I think I'll start some new topics... cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 2:15 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Tell me about it!

EVER?

SPIDEY! - Page 2 StanLee

All I need is about 100 posts while you're asleep. I think I'll start some new topics... cheers

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Vaderno

At least it didn't work.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:46 am

When Amazing Fantasy #15 was being prepared for the printers, Marvel had two covers to decide from. Steve Ditko's cover

Photobucket

and the classic and familiar Jack Kirby which was eventually chosen.
Photobucket

I personally am a fan of just about anything Jack Kirby has ever done and really like his cover. However, I personally still prefer Ditko's Spider-Man image (not the whole cover per se) simply for its dynamic and natural pose. Kirby's is obviously cleaner and the colors are more alive. Apparently so much thought went into Spider-Man by the whole Marvel team that they wanted to make sure the character worked for readers.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 10:03 am

DanElectro wrote:
When Amazing Fantasy #15 was being prepared for the printers, Marvel had two covers to decide from. Steve Ditko's cover

Photobucket

Photobucket

I personally am a fan of just about anything Jack Kirby has ever done and really like his cover. However, I personally still prefer Ditko's Spider-Man image (not the whole cover per se) simply for its dynamic and natural pose. Kirby's is obviously cleaner and the colors are more alive. Apparently so much thought went into Spider-Man by the whole Marvel team that they wanted to make sure the character worked for readers.

I like the Kirby cover better.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:33 pm

I'd say Kirby just kinda that was because what I was accustomed to.

I did watch some of the old cartoons and stuff, and I read some of the "classic" Spidey reprints, so I mean the original is what would be Spidey for me.

Just like how I miss the webwings. I remember being sad when I was a kid, because none of the Spidey toys had webwings.

Yes I'm a fan of the webwings.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 6:39 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

I did watch some of the old cartoons and stuff, and I read some of the "classic" Spidey reprints, so I mean the original is what would be Spidey for me.

Just like how I miss the webwings. I remember being sad when I was a kid, because none of the Spidey toys had webwings.

I always wanted a Spider-man toy when I was little, but never got one. They had a Spider-man and a Hulk action figure, in the play area at my church, that I used to play with, every Sunday we went, but it just wasn't the same.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 7:22 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

Actually, I've noticed the webwings again in recent issues. I can't remember which of the issues exactly without going through each one, but they're there. They're very small and probably not used for gliding like the others were.

Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 49

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 9:02 pm

DanElectro wrote:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I would like to go on the record, and say, I have ALWAYS hated Steve Ditko's art.....
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 am

It's time for another bible story...or, more accurately, a Spidey Parable.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 4:01 am

DanElectro wrote:
It's time for another bible story...or, more accurately, a Spidey Parable.

Photobucket

and so it was written.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPIDEY!
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next