the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Blackest Night

Go down 
+24
NoLuv4Hoes
howie024m
shazam!
DanElectro
LifesTruesin
Figga
guess_question
Tayley
CaptainJoel
TJ
bayani
REEF aka Luke Cage
GoZ
Leachcraft
Shaun
Mr.Wholesome
Thomas
PeteWisdom
minimalist
Tim Radd
True Believer
Shadowrenderer
Liquid Sword
GreatWhiteNinja
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

The Blackest Night - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Thomas wrote:
I wonder how wide spread the ties ins will be. Will they have a little something in each comic during the event where the hero has to fight someone the cared about? I wouldn't mind seeing that. I would want to see Mon-El have to fight his dad, Alan Scott have to fight Jade, and I hope we get to see all of the New Gods transformed.

Kinda old school cross-over! I like the idea, just as long as it's not too tied in & ppl can read their own book alone with a satisfactory ending.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 12:13 am

how is Aquaman dead again? didnt he just comeback in final crisis?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 1:11 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Apparently it wasn't permanent........or not the real aquaman
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 4:25 am

When does it start again?
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 4:28 am

TJ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

ok so then wtf was it lol anyone got the scoop on that?

and whats up w/ the one we got now?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 5:16 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
When does it start again?

I think in July
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:07 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
BLACKEST NIGHT SUPERMAN #1

Why would zombie Superman need a shovel?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:28 am

Figga wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

He grew up on a farm he likes to do stuff the old fashioned way.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 10:32 am

Thomas wrote:
Figga wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Judges?

We'll accept that answer.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 1:04 pm

Figga wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Figga wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Judges?

So he can savor the moment. Man I can't wait to see what Black Lanterns can do. I hope they still have their other super powers still. Like Terra.

Which leads me to, what would Pa Kent bring to the table?
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 3:06 pm

howie024m wrote:
Figga wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Figga wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Judges?

So he can savor the moment. Man I can't wait to see what Black Lanterns can do. I hope they still have their other super powers still. Like Terra.

spanking superboy Pictures, Images and Photos
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptySun May 24, 2009 7:44 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Figga wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Figga wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Judges?

spanking superboy Pictures, Images and Photos

woo Supa Spanks
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:52 am

so it kinda just dawned on me if the black lanterns have there old powers and power rings how hardcore is black lantern firestorm gonna be? whos gonna wanna fuck with that?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:26 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
so it kinda just dawned on me if the black lanterns have there old powers and power rings how hardcore is black lantern firestorm gonna be? whos gonna wanna fuck with that?

I'd be more worried about J'onn all that's ever held him back are his morals and his fear of fire. Since he's dead I don't think he fears fire anymore and he's no longer held back by his moral code. We may see a version of Fernus with a Black Power rings.

Kal-L is going to be like Black Adam was during World War III.

I'm hoping that Solomon Grundy does end up being a Black Lantern like they implied would happen if Alan Scott fails to help him.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:08 pm

I just had an idea of what the Black Lantern rings could do, I think they could absorb life sorta like Black Hand's power
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Shaun wrote:
I just had an idea of what the Black Lantern rings could do, I think they could absorb life sorta like Black Hand's power

Ya, something like that.

I was thinking more like a black hole, absorbing light and explosions and such.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 2:53 pm

howie024m wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Ya, something like that.

I was thinking more like a black hole, absorbing light and explosions and such.

If they can absorb explosions then we will be starting a Michael Bay vs. Black Lantern thread. Splosions!!!
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:07 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
TJ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

ok so then wtf was it lol anyone got the scoop on that?

and whats up w/ the one we got now?

We have Arthur Curry the young kid, and the one in Final Crisis was Aquaman from another planet. Not our regular Continuity's is what they're saying.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:17 pm

I'm really liking the way the dif. rings interact. Blue, or hope, needs will to be useful. Rage can be taken away by hope, hope charges will etc. It all makes sense!
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 5:54 pm

anyone hear about Ch'p being a black lantern? A friend sent me the pic of him....kinda odd.

to this

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I'm really liking the way the dif. rings interact. Blue, or hope, needs will to be useful. Rage can be taken away by hope, hope charges will etc. It all makes sense!
It does? Where love, hope, anger and greed can be described as emotions, I don't see will power as an emotion. Courage yes, determination, maybe but will power? I think we'll have to see how love and compassion fit in with avarice and fear.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:08 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:
anyone hear about Ch'p being a black lantern? A friend sent me the pic of him....kinda odd.

to this

yea that is from Green Lantern Corps #39, the full cover is just back one page
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
It does? Where love, hope, anger and greed can be described as emotions, I don't see will power as an emotion. Courage yes, determination, maybe but will power? I think we'll have to see how love and compassion fit in with avarice and fear.

Willpower isn't described as an emotion in the book. That's why the guardians use it. There is no emotion needed to use it. In fact if a lantern uses the ring because they are angered the ring stops working.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 7:25 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Willpower isn't described as an emotion in the book. That's why the guardians use it. There is no emotion needed to use it. In fact if a lantern uses the ring because they are angered the ring stops working.
really? Because I can reall quite a few times the ring being used when the GL's were angry. The only time I recall the ring not working was when the GL's were unfocused, such as when they are in pain. I don't doubt you, but I think this is a change that was sneaked in.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

No, will drives the emotions. It's the centre. I had trouble with this idea to start with, cos will power is definitely not an emotion. But without will there's no action. Hope drives the will & fear can crush hope & rage can destroy your will & hope can "fix" rage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Blackest Night
Page 21 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next