the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPIDEY!

Go down 
+23
markrocks
GreatWhiteNinja
Gabe_Gray
howie024m
NoLuv4Hoes
shazam!
Liquid Sword
Hedinnweis
munson!
Tim Radd
Figga
REEF aka Luke Cage
Martin
CaptainJoel
TJ
GoZ
Thomas
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
Shaun
True Believer
DanElectro
PeteWisdom
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

SPIDEY! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 1:26 am

GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Figga wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
shazam! wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
shazam! wrote:

(thought the discussion for this belonged here, Shazzy. hope you don't mind)

Despite the fact that I'm really a traditionalist when it comes to iconic comic book characters like SM, I like the look of the new costume. I like the fact that it's brighter in color than Tobey's costume in the last three films. I'm even ok with the web shooters being on the outside.

That said, I do have an issue with the thickness of the costume as well as what looks like shoe soles at the bottom of his feet in the few shots we have so far. My problem is mainly with the fact that Spidey's ability to climb walls and cling to surfaces works with direct contact between him and a surface. One of the explanations for his powers are the existence of microscopic hairs that can rise out of his skin and cling to any surface via some sort of microscopic/molecular interaction with a given surface. We've always seen PP remove his shoes when he needs to climb a wall and to put on his costume. Now in the comics, the traditional costume is obviously some sort of a thin fabric and it's very possible that the tiny hairs on Spidey's hands, feet, etc. protrude through the suit. The new film's costume, however, show a much thicker suit with what look like nike air soles at the feet. The pics in the vid show small vents at the finger tips to possibly allow for some sort of direct contact to surfaces but why would he want to cling only by his finger tips? I realize 99% of the people who will watch the new film won't even think about this or care, but when you spend as much money as Sony is for this film, you would expect the writers and costume designers would have this issue all figured out.

I really like the new title of the film too!

I think the shoes are just on the stunt suit like they said in the video.

I'm hoping the shoes are just on the stunt suit but we'll have to see. I like this suit a lot. I think these guys are correct about the Ben Reilly look. Compared to the other costume, I like this one more. However, I do wish the eyes where white or silver and I like the Spider symbols on the old one more, especially the one on the back.

I think he needs more pouches.

NO DOUBT!!!

SPIDEY! - Page 17 No-doubt-2

SPIDEY! - Page 17 617761
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

SPIDEY! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 17 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:41 pm