the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did you read it?

Go down 
+20
LifesTruesin
Aycock
bayani
Leachcraft
Tayley
Gabe_Gray
CaptainJoel
Liquid Sword
GreatWhiteNinja
Tim Radd
DanElectro
Shaun
Thomas
Figga
PeteWisdom
True Believer
GoZ
TJ
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Did you read it? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:39 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Preus is kooler, and Ultraman is near always portrayed to either seem incompetent or a knotch up or two from bizzaro, maybe if he seemed more of a threat I'd like or respect him more, but he isn't thus I don't.

I'm not really gonna defend him or why I like Ultraman. I just do. He could be a badass if he was used more. I could care less about Preus.

Plus, how tough can a guy named after a hybrid car be?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:39 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Preus is kooler, and Ultraman is near always portrayed to either seem incompetent or a knotch up or two from bizzaro, maybe if he seemed more of a threat I'd like or respect him more, but he isn't thus I don't.

I'm not really gonna defend him or why I like Ultraman. I just do. He could be a badass if he was used more. I could care less about Preus.

So I just read Superman Godfall. Preus is so retarded. Ultraman is way cooler than he is.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:41 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

So I just read Superman Godfall. Preus is so retarded. Ultraman is way cooler than he is.

Noooooot so much.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:42 am

Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Noooooot so much.

Superman was like "You know that wasn't real right?" Dude just kept on with whatever he was doing. He looks cool, but he's stupid as hell. And why you gotta always do the opposite of my avatar?
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:48 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Noooooot so much.

Superman was like "You know that wasn't real right?" Dude just kept on with whatever he was doing. He looks cool, but he's stupid as hell. And why you gotta always do the opposite of my avatar?

...You liked the matrix.
You realize this is the first time I've done an opposite/opposing avatar to yours right? The Iron fist thing doesn't count due to they weren't opposing just on different sides of the same image, not so much opposing.
But I did it to see how you would react in all honesty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Brian21 wrote:
Jim! wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
I just read the first issue of the new Red Robin series with Tim Drake in the role. I know there have been alotta mixed opinions about this book so far, but I thought it was pretty badass. I've always liked Tim and i like seeing him in a more badass and adult role. I liked how it showed him having such a hard time with the loss of Bruce, and him coming close to crossing lines he had drawn for himself when he bacame Robin. The story of Tim being the only person who still believes Bruce is alive, and trying to search for his old mentor is also a pretty kick ass premise.

I like how he took up the mantle of red robin because that name was already tarnished.
There is no "mantle" of Red Robin. It is a stupid name. Dick should have offered him the nightwing name. Red robin, yeah that's a name that will go down in history, he'll be lucky if he isn't sued by the restaurant!

That being said, the story was good, I like that Tim believes Bruce is still alive and I'm interested in seeing how he's going to pursue it. More Spoiler! Wait is she going to be the new batgirl?

The reason he took up the guise of Red Robin was because it was already a tarnished and somewhat disgraced name and he knew he was probably going to be crossing some lines and he didn't want any of that to trace back to the name of Batman or Robin. I think that just sticking him in the Nightwing role would've been corny, and all it would've accomplished was simply shifting around some costumes and it wouldn't seem very new or exciting.
The last line in your comment is the one that I can agree with. The name change to Red Robin so it wouldn't be traced back to batmand or ROBIN? kidding right? It's a dumb name and no matter how they spin it, it just sounds goofy. He might as well have called himself, "ExRobin". Maybe he didn't want to use the name Nightwing, 'cause it's currently being used by the Chris kent in Metropolis
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Jim! wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
Jim! wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
I just read the first issue of the new Red Robin series with Tim Drake in the role. I know there have been alotta mixed opinions about this book so far, but I thought it was pretty badass. I've always liked Tim and i like seeing him in a more badass and adult role. I liked how it showed him having such a hard time with the loss of Bruce, and him coming close to crossing lines he had drawn for himself when he bacame Robin. The story of Tim being the only person who still believes Bruce is alive, and trying to search for his old mentor is also a pretty kick ass premise.

I like how he took up the mantle of red robin because that name was already tarnished.
There is no "mantle" of Red Robin. It is a stupid name. Dick should have offered him the nightwing name. Red robin, yeah that's a name that will go down in history, he'll be lucky if he isn't sued by the restaurant!

That being said, the story was good, I like that Tim believes Bruce is still alive and I'm interested in seeing how he's going to pursue it. More Spoiler! Wait is she going to be the new batgirl?

The reason he took up the guise of Red Robin was because it was already a tarnished and somewhat disgraced name and he knew he was probably going to be crossing some lines and he didn't want any of that to trace back to the name of Batman or Robin. I think that just sticking him in the Nightwing role would've been corny, and all it would've accomplished was simply shifting around some costumes and it wouldn't seem very new or exciting.
The last line in your comment is the one that I can agree with. The name change to Red Robin so it wouldn't be traced back to batmand or ROBIN? kidding right? It's a dumb name and no matter how they spin it, it just sounds goofy. He might as well have called himself, "ExRobin". Maybe he didn't want to use the name Nightwing, 'cause it's currently being used by the Chris kent in Metropolis

Heaven forbid anyone call themselves Batboy.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Noooooot so much.

your lack of cooperation with my antics is not appreciated. Ultraman still sucks.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 7:20 pm

Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Noooooot so much.

your lack of cooperation with my antics is not appreciated. Ultraman still sucks.

I want to see more of Paragon. I'm posting the story with him in it in OQL.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Noooooot so much.

lol, what?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:00 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Noooooot so much.

lol, what?

I think he meant to say "yo mama" or something corny like that
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 3:31 pm

Sirens #1

it was alright, not as bad of writing as I thought it would be. Not nearly as much gratuitous ass and boob shots as I had hoped. but overall it was an alright issue. I've never been an Ivy fan though.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 pm

Tim Radd wrote:
Sirens #1

it was alright, not as bad of writing as I thought it would be. Not nearly as much gratuitous ass and boob shots as I had hoped. but overall it was an alright issue. I've never been an Ivy fan though.

I loved the book. Catwoman, Ivy, and Harley have awesome chmeistry. the noob villain was hilarious. And

read this spoiler
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:58 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
Sirens #1

I loved the book. Catwoman, Ivy, and Harley have awesome chmeistry. the noob villain was hilarious. And

read this spoiler
Spoiler:

Highlight of the issue...outside of Catwoman in the latex lol
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:01 pm

Jim! wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
Jim! wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Brian21 wrote:

No, I'm not kidding, I'm referencing the material directly. He says it very clear in the book why he chose to become the new Red Robin. He says, and I quote: "I chose this costume because I knew I'd be crossing lines-- so nothing would come back to Bruce or Dick. I chose this costume because it was already tarnished... and I wasn't coming here to play". You might've caught that if you had your eyes open when you read it. Also, you keep making it sound like Drake just all of the sudden created Red Robin alltogether, and simply added "red" to the name to make his own new hero or something. Maybe you aren't aware of the fact that Red Robin is a pre existing name, title, and hero, and since Drake is not the original Red Robin then yes, he is in fact taking up the mantle of a pre existing character. He didn't just change his name as you continue to repeat, and was in no way trying to make himself into some kind of new independent version of Robin. And the only reason Drake would not want to use the name Nightwing, was obviously because he was going to be crossing lines and playing it rough and he didn't want to screw up Grayson's reputation as Nightwing. There is also no indication that Drake intends to remain Red Robin forever, he is simply using it for his current endeavor because red robin already had a tarnished reputation. So if you don't like it, or find the character "goofy" then just don't read it. But don't go and tell me I'm wrong when everything I've said came directly from the book itself.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 10:11 pm

Brian21 wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
Jim! wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Brian21 wrote:

No, I'm not kidding, I'm referencing the material directly. He says it very clear in the book why he chose to become the new Red Robin. He says, and I quote: "I chose this costume because I knew I'd be crossing lines-- so nothing would come back to Bruce or Dick. I chose this costume because it was already tarnished... and I wasn't coming here to play". You might've caught that if you had your eyes open when you read it. Also, you keep making it sound like Drake just all of the sudden created Red Robin alltogether, and simply added "red" to the name to make his own new hero or something. Maybe you aren't aware of the fact that Red Robin is a pre existing name, title, and hero, and since Drake is not the original Red Robin then yes, he is in fact taking up the mantle of a pre existing character. He didn't just change his name as you continue to repeat, and was in no way trying to make himself into some kind of new independent version of Robin. And the only reason Drake would not want to use the name Nightwing, was obviously because he was going to be crossing lines and playing it rough and he didn't want to screw up Grayson's reputation as Nightwing. There is also no indication that Drake intends to remain Red Robin forever, he is simply using it for his current endeavor because red robin already had a tarnished reputation. So if you don't like it, or find the character "goofy" then just don't read it. But don't go and tell me I'm wrong when everything I've said came directly from the book itself.

I don't think I like your tone.....

-------

http://theara.omgforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=2645
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you read it?   Did you read it? - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you read it?
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40