the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What universe is the Watchmen in?

Go down 
+6
Shadowrenderer
Jerk
Hedinnweis
PeteWisdom
True Believer
CaptainJoel
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

What universe is the Watchmen in? Empty
PostSubject: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:19 pm

Okay, I picked up Watchmen yesterday and I've been reading and I want to know where exactly it takes place at earth-wise.

Because I know it's part of DC/Vertigo type deal, and the Monitors have knowledge of it, so what designation does their world have?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:54 pm

The closest Earth would be Earth-4 which is populated by alternate versions of Charlton comic characters.

But, for the most part, I'm pretty sure Watchmen doesn't have a designated Earth in the 52 universes of the DC Multiverse.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 3:02 pm

True Believer wrote:
The closest Earth would be Earth-4 which is populated by alternate versions of Charlton comic characters.

But, for the most part, I'm pretty sure Watchmen doesn't have a designated Earth in the 52 universes of the DC Multiverse.

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

I really want to know why the Monitor has knowledge of them, then.

Did their world just fade from existence?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 8:36 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

Isn't there like 14 universes or so that weren't designated yet?

probably one of those.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:08 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

probably one of those.

So somewhere...

They still all exist?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

probably one of those.

So somewhere...

They still all exist?

Well not really. I mean... the Universe probably exists...

Watchmen Spoilers.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

probably one of those.

So somewhere...

They still all exist?

Watchmen Spoilers.

Spoiler:

YOU BASTARD!!!

No matter how many times I read that damn book I'll never not be upset at that fact and you had to go and bring it up!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 5:14 am

Hedinnweis wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

probably one of those.

So somewhere...

They still all exist?

Watchmen Spoilers.

Spoiler:

YOU BASTARD!!!

No matter how many times I read that damn book I'll never not be upset at that fact and you had to go and bring it up!

ha ha ha

yeah well... it didn't make me happy much either.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:50 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

probably one of those.

So somewhere...

They still all exist?

Watchmen Spoilers.

Spoiler:

YOU BASTARD!!!

ha ha ha

yeah well... it didn't make me happy much either.

YEAH!!!

Ah! My little brother knocked it off my bookstand thing last night and it fell open to that page and I saw it!

And I'm only on like... the fifth chapter!!!
Back to top Go down
Jerk
Rogue
Rogue
Jerk

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:06 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

Supposedly their world was destroyed.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:50 pm

Jerk wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Ahhh, that sucks >.<

Supposedly their world was destroyed.

When? Like... which Crisis?
Back to top Go down
Jerk
Rogue
Rogue
Jerk

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 4:02 pm

Not exactly sure, but I was wondering this myself a while ago, and when I looked it up in the DC database, it's listed under earths that have been destroyed.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:17 pm

Jerk wrote:
Not exactly sure, but I was wondering this myself a while ago, and when I looked it up in the DC database, it's listed under earths that have been destroyed.

In the first one. Since pretty much every Earth except 1 and 2 was destroyed (1 and 2 merged) in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

And since it doesn't (yet) have a designation among the 52 Earths of the DC Multiverse, I'm guessing it was never resurrected.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:21 pm

True Believer wrote:
Jerk wrote:

In the first one. Since pretty much every Earth except 1 and 2 was destroyed (1 and 2 merged) in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

And since it doesn't (yet) have a designation among the 52 Earths of the DC Multiverse, I'm guessing it was never resurrected.

Ah, but why would the Monitor be sketching out someone who's universe was destroyed before the monitors split into... 52.

I'm sure it will be redesignated given the fact that the movie comes out next year.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 7:24 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Jerk wrote:

Ah, but why would the Monitor be sketching out someone who's universe was destroyed before the monitors split into... 52.

I'm sure it will be redesignated given the fact that the movie comes out next year.

It's possible. Maybe they'll just re-work "Earth-4" into the "Watchmen Earth." But I gotta tell you, I don't really want to see anything else done with Watchmen without Alan Moore.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:31 pm

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Jerk wrote:

It's possible. Maybe they'll just re-work "Earth-4" into the "Watchmen Earth." But I gotta tell you, I don't really want to see anything else done with Watchmen without Alan Moore.

Agreed.

I'm happy for them to mention it or hint at it's existance but really don't want anything new done with it.

It's a self contained story.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 pm

I hope Earth-4 is redesignated. And I agree, I don't want anything without Allen Moore on it... just wouldn't even be close to as good.

I just want to know it's somewhere in existence so that my imaginations can have some free reign.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 8:49 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
I hope Earth-4 is redesignated. And I agree, I don't want anything without Allen Moore on it... just wouldn't even be close to as good.

I just want to know it's somewhere in existence so that my imaginations can have some free reign.

But the Charlton hereos should have their own little Earth. I'm happy with it as is.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

But the Charlton hereos should have their own little Earth. I'm happy with it as is.

Well... there needs to be one devoted to the Watchmen.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:32 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Like earth 43.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:35 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Like earth 43.

43?

I can't find any records of that earth.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:40 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Like earth 43.

43?

exactly.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:41 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Like earth 43.

43?

exactly.

Yeah, as Pete already pointed out there are several earths unacounted for.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:43 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Like earth 43.

43?

exactly.

Thank you for listening Dan.

Thank you.

and no, I don't want any crossover action unless its little easter egg panels. Like in Final Crisis for example. It's self contained and well... nothing needs to be added. Especially when it will just taint the whole thing.

Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 9:44 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Like earth 43.

43?

exactly.

Thank you for listening Dan.

Thank you.

and no, I don't want any crossover action unless its little easter egg panels. Like in Final Crisis for example. It's self contained and well... nothing needs to be added. Especially when it will just taint the whole thing.

yeah, anything else would just spoil it's uniqueness. & feel like a cash in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What universe is the Watchmen in?   What universe is the Watchmen in? Empty

Back to top Go down

What universe is the Watchmen in?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: