the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Astonishing X-Men

Go down 
+6
Thomas
Mr.Wholesome
CaptainJoel
DanElectro
True Believer
PeteWisdom
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:36 am

Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

I like that the x-men aren't on the east coast. For the most part, Marvel hasn't been including them with the rest of the universe - like civil war and if it wasn't for xavier, they wouldn't have been in wwh either. The street clothes aren't a bad idea, but at least try to make them somewhat normal. I used to live in SF and although it does get cold and windy in the fall and winter, however it's warm enough in the summer to not have wear a jacket at night. I think most artist draw male characters with too much clothing and the women too little and always impractical in a fight.

Very true, there's only a few artists who draw street clothes realisticly. Plus you really need to do some research to get regional clothing right.

same goes for buildings & stuff.

I remember reading Fantastic Four in the sixties and even Kirby drew people if they still lived in the forties and fifties: guys in suits and hats, women in dresses with pearls. The FF had uniforms that were identical because they were a family, the Avengers were a collection of individuals so no similar outlets. I think this is the way the x-men should go. I didn't like the leather biker look of morrison with the high waisted pants the beast wore. We get they're the x-men they don't need matching outfits with giant X's on them, Emma doesn't wear one, nor does Cyclops or Storm. I would like to see them in practical street clothes. And for crying out load, wtf does Gambit wear - with the knee pads and the the frame-your-face tiara?

I love Jim lee, but Gambits design was kinda weird.

I never liked the X-factor designs for the original X-Men.

Last edited by Thomas on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Quotes.)
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:48 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

I like that the x-men aren't on the east coast. For the most part, Marvel hasn't been including them with the rest of the universe - like civil war and if it wasn't for xavier, they wouldn't have been in wwh either. The street clothes aren't a bad idea, but at least try to make them somewhat normal. I used to live in SF and although it does get cold and windy in the fall and winter, however it's warm enough in the summer to not have wear a jacket at night. I think most artist draw male characters with too much clothing and the women too little and always impractical in a fight.

Very true, there's only a few artists who draw street clothes realisticly. Plus you really need to do some research to get regional clothing right.

I remember reading Fantastic Four in the sixties and even Kirby drew people if they still lived in the forties and fifties: guys in suits and hats, women in dresses with pearls. The FF had uniforms that were identical because they were a family, the Avengers were a collection of individuals so no similar outlets. I think this is the way the x-men should go. I didn't like the leather biker look of morrison with the high waisted pants the beast wore. We get they're the x-men they don't need matching outfits with giant X's on them, Emma doesn't wear one, nor does Cyclops or Storm. I would like to see them in practical street clothes. And for crying out load, wtf does Gambit wear - with the knee pads and the the frame-your-face tiara?

Well than............

........I don't like YOU mister.....oh thats right I went there.

Last edited by Thomas on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Quotes.)
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:51 am

TJ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Well than............

You can like it if you want, we're all entitled to our own opinions.

They're only costumes after all.

Last edited by Thomas on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Quotes.)
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 1:55 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
TJ wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Well than............

You can like it if you want, we're all entitled to our own opinions.

They're only costumes after all.

no I actually agree with you. I enjoy the evolution in character, particularly in design. It shows individuality between the characters.

Last edited by Thomas on Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Quotes.)
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 4:22 pm

I thought it was horrible....All talk, no action, extremely wordy, crappy dialogue...It took every ounce of willpower I had to finish it without scanning through it...I literally almost fell asleep reading it...I like Bianchi's art and designs (for the most part)....Still doesn't save the book...Glad I read it here and didn't waste my money on it...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 4:42 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
I thought it was horrible....All talk, no action, extremely wordy, crappy dialogue...It took every ounce of willpower I had to finish it without scanning through it...I literally almost fell asleep reading it...I like Bianchi's art and designs (for the most part)....Still doesn't save the book...Glad I read it here and didn't waste my money on it...
\

But how did you really feel about it... jk
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:08 pm

Leachcraft wrote:

Clearly it was a set up issue....
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 pm

I hate the art on the new thing, but I still love Ellis, so I'm sticking to reading.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 7:56 pm

I haven't read everyone's posts on here yet but has the dilemma with Kitty Pride trapped in that bullet been resolved yet? Don't spoil it with details if you know, just a "yes" or "no" please.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 8:03 pm

DanElectro wrote:
I haven't read everyone's posts on here yet but has the dilemma with Kitty Pride trapped in that bullet been resolved yet? Don't spoil it with details if you know, just a "yes" or "no" please.

No.... and I'm sure it won't for quite some time.

Everyone is still hanging their head in shame at Joss Whedon Kitty Pryde.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:16 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Sure, but the dialogue was just bad and the book was extremely wordy, regardless of it was a set up issue or not...There was just way too much talking...No action, bad dialogue, and a billion word count.. Yeah, pass...
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:20 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Sure, but the dialogue was just bad and the book was extremely wordy, regardless of it was a set up issue or not...There was just way too much talking...No action, bad dialogue, and a billion word count.. Yeah, pass...

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a smartass, but: Do you like the dialogue in Ultimates 3?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:21 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Its Warren Ellis... his work can never ever be considered bad. First issue of Whedon Astonishing was just talking and no action either.

aside from Ultimate Galactus. Even then it was just a meh and a wha?

You're entitled to your opinion.... as long as its not wrong.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:22 pm

True Believer wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

I don't know how to say this without sounding like a smartass, but: Do you like the dialogue in Ultimates 3?

Thank you TB,

I was warry on whether I should bring this up or not... so I just decided to so ummm let it go... for now. But now I don't have to you since you said it. Veggies Unite!!!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:25 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Thank you TB,

I was warry on whether I should bring this up or not... so I just decided to so ummm let it go... for now. But now I don't have to you since you said it. Veggies Unite!!!

Amen, Vege-Brother!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 9:27 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Thank you TB,

Oh and Leechcraft or whatever you're called.

Remember... Ultimates 3 had dialogue like

"Suck It"

"Potty Mouth"

talking about Hawkeyes TWO Kids... when he had THREE

"Norwegian Dolt"

"Come wth me if you want to live"

"The Fucking Juggernaut?"

"nothing stops the Juggernaut" or something equally horrific.

and well...

I think with every sentence Jeph Loeb writes on that book... God kills a child in the middle east.

Its THAT bad.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:23 pm

BWA HA HA! I love the fact the some people have new names on here, and I don't think they realize who they're talking to......LEACHCRAFT?????? BWA HA HA......
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:38 pm

GoZ wrote:
BWA HA HA! I love the fact the some people have new names on here, and I don't think they realize who they're talking to......LEACHCRAFT?????? BWA HA HA......

why do you know who leechcraft is?
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 10:52 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Yeah, but, I can't say who it is.... The clues are there in all his posts.... It's fairly easy to figure out....sorry to be so cryptic....
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:21 pm

GoZ wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Yeah, but, I can't say who it is.... The clues are there in all his posts.... It's fairly easy to figure out....sorry to be so cryptic....

Hmmm it can't be Munson since there was no random swearing.

it can't be Sandy Ravage cuz there wasn't a random LOL at the end of the post....
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:24 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:

it can't be Sandy Ravage cuz there wasn't a random LOL at the end of the post....

Not . . . Jomes?

No. Not possible.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:30 pm

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
GoZ wrote:

Not . . . Jomes?

No. Not possible.

That was my thought too...

then I remembered that Leachcraft posted in some of the Misc threads.... which is something Jomes wouldn't do since it doesn't pertain to comic books.

Another thing is Leach isn't a self absorbed prick either.

My vote..

Lovebear.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Also don't think its Big H...

isn't Kflow away in the Air Force or something?

Cool Guy is in the Navy right?

Hmmmm and Cool Guy did like the Ultimates 3..... hmmm

Then again... Jomes was a Loeb fan.... even of crap Loeb work.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:39 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

Hmmmm

Not to mention it can't be No Luv since he's been on here before. Several times. Just had a birthday.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 11:42 pm

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Hmmmm

Not to mention it can't be No Luv since he's been on here before. Several times. Just had a birthday.

oh wait... that is Kflow huh?

Damn it... I forget everyone and their damn new names.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astonishing X-Men   Astonishing X-Men - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Astonishing X-Men
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next