the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Bat Villian?

Go down 
+7
NoLuv4Hoes
True Believer
Liquid Sword
TJ
GoZ
CaptainJoel
shazam!
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Favorite Bat Villian? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:24 pm

Everyone knows Joker is one of the all time best, but pretty much all of Batman's rogues gallery is unique and interesting.
So who do you love?

Favorite Bat Villian? Riddler

I've liked the Riddler quite a bit lately.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:45 pm

I have two:

Scarecrow
Favorite Bat Villian? Who

Bane
Favorite Bat Villian? Bane

And my favorite Robin villain is...

Anarky
Favorite Bat Villian? Anarky
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 11:58 pm

I've always liked The Riddler, and I like the fact that they're finally fleshing out his character, and acknowledging his intelligence...

My favorite, who's potential is un-tapped so far IMO is ZSASZ!

Favorite Bat Villian? Bmsog-cv4
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:07 am

GoZ wrote:

My favorite, who's potential is un-tapped so far IMO is ZSASZ!

The one Batman hates the most!
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:10 am

this should be explain enough for my choices

poison ivy and harley quinn Pictures, Images and Photos

Could there be another reason why I love Gotham City: Sirens?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:11 am

Why do you think Zsasz is untapped, GoZ? Have you read some of his stuff from Batman: Chronicles?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:23 am

You know zsasz gets pissed when he forgets where he put his last tally mark.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:30 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Why do you think Zsasz is untapped, GoZ? Have you read some of his stuff from Batman: Chronicles?

I have, but...IDK...I just think the idea of this Serial Killer isn't given enough merit for being a MAJOR Bat Villian. I guess because he's the most realistic, he's more believeable than a white faced, insane, guy with a big smile. I think he could really be turned into this sick, twisted, demented fuck....the kind you read about, or see on the news....You know, the type of story you here that actually turns your stomache, and makes you question morality....
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:31 am

GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

I have, but...IDK...I just think the idea of this Serial Killer isn't given enough merit for being a MAJOR Bat Villian. I guess because he's the most realistic, he's more believeable than a white faced, insane, guy with a big smile. I think he could really be turned into this sick, twisted, demented fuck....the kind you read about, or see on the news....You know, the type of story you here that actually turns your stomache, and makes you question morality....

The issue where he went after to kill some children didn't do that for ya?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:32 am

I've deliberated over it for several minutes and I've finally decided that, yes, I am anal enough to point out that there's no colon in "Gotham City Sirens."
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:35 am

TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Yeah, I think Zsasz is probably one of the villains Bruce fears the most - as much as or maybe even the more than the Joker even, because he's indiscriminate. I mean, Joker will kill anybody for any old reason, sure. But Zsasz doesn't really need a "reason" to kill. He just does it for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:35 am

True Believer wrote:
I've deliberated over it for several minutes and I've finally decided that, yes, I am anal enough to point out that there's no colon in "Gotham City Sirens."

Favorite Bat Villian? 11a1f02b
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:36 am

GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:

Favorite Bat Villian? 11a1f02b

They call me MC Grammar.

At least they do now, anyway.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:36 am

GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

I thought that's all he ever did... He's killed nuns, school children (as Teej pointed out), and coutnless other men and women. He's pretty insane... he just can't really be an outstanding Bat-villain because he gets caught to easily and doesn't seem to have a real genius intellect.

I like that they used him in Batman Begins, though.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:38 am

True Believer wrote:
I am anal enough to point out that there's no colon

ahahaha
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:39 am

shazam! wrote:
True Believer wrote:
I am anal enough to point out that there's no colon

ahahaha

That's highbrow stuff there, Shaz.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:40 am

True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Yeah, I think Zsasz is probably one of the villains Bruce fears the most - as much as or maybe even the more than the Joker even, because he's indiscriminate. I mean, Joker will kill anybody for any old reason, sure. But Zsasz doesn't really need a "reason" to kill. He just does it for the hell of it.

That is exactly my point. It still hasn't been portrayed the way it should. Get inside this guy's head, walk around, get a feel, maybe even make the reader understand, but not necessarilyy feel empathy for, this guy. I think of him as Kevin Spacey in Se7en...if they could capture that in a story, he would, possibly be, one of Batman's biggest Rogue's....
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:41 am

True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Yeah but for me, I get that same feelign from Joker. He'll just do anything to laugh.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:51 am

TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Yeah but for me, I get that same feelign from Joker. He'll just do anything to laugh.

Yeah, but it's not random. We may not necessarily understand it but he's always got a system. I believe he even mentioned in "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" that he doesn't just randomly kill people without reason. I mean, occasionally, he's been portrayed that way, but most of the time there's a rhyme and reason behind it, it's all for the sake of comedy and comedy isn't random. There's a setup, there's a punchline, it's never just *BLAM* "Ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 12:55 am

doesn't zsasz kill to save people from living or something like that?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:12 am

True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Yeah, but it's not random. We may not necessarily understand it but he's always got a system. I believe he even mentioned in "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" that he doesn't just randomly kill people without reason. I mean, occasionally, he's been portrayed that way, but most of the time there's a rhyme and reason behind it, it's all for the sake of comedy and comedy isn't random. There's a setup, there's a punchline, it's never just *BLAM* "Ha ha!"

Yea, but what you said is what makes me think too that Joker bothers Batman more. Zsaaz shows little emotion when killing, stone cold killer. Joker laughs like its funny and amusing, thus that grates Bruce even more I think.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:24 am

TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Yea, but what you said is what makes me think too that Joker bothers Batman more. Zsaaz shows little emotion when killing, stone cold killer. Joker laughs like its funny and amusing, thus that grates Bruce even more I think.

Joker is mentally insane, with Zsasz, you've got a "seemingly" normal guy, who just "decides" that because his life has turned to shit, that all lives are shit, and mean nothing....Joker crosses over into "cartoon-y" behavior, while Zsasz's, could, quite possibly, "work" in the real world. Which makes him far more frightening to me. When you read the paper, or watch the news, do criminals resemble The Joker, or Zsasz?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:44 am

GoZ wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
TJ wrote:
GoZ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Joker is mentally insane, with Zsasz, you've got a "seemingly" normal guy, who just "decides" that because his life has turned to shit, that all lives are shit, and mean nothing....Joker crosses over into "cartoon-y" behavior, while Zsasz's, could, quite possibly, "work" in the real world. Which makes him far more frightening to me. When you read the paper, or watch the news, do criminals resemble The Joker, or Zsasz?

I get what's being said and I do like 'Z' as a chartacter. But for me I always viewed a character that will literally laugh hysterically knowing there's a good chance he will die as a more frightening character. A mortal laughing in the face of death is really something.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:45 am

By the way I hope none of this comes across as if im taking a dump on Zsaz, because I wouldn't do that.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 1:56 am

TJ wrote:
By the way I hope none of this comes across as if im taking a dump on Zsaz, because I wouldn't do that.

No no, I don't see it that way...but, I didn't think I would have to defend my choice this much. Joker is scary, but he's over the top scary, Zsasz is EVERYDAY scary, which I find more frightening IMO!

Z is more "believeable" to me, over a guy with bleached skin, a scarred smile and dyed hair....Zsasz is the "human" equivalent of the Joker(as I see him), and a guy who gives himself a little scar, is more realistic than a "clown" in a purple suit, to me......basically, I think Zsasz has Joker potential, but it hasn't been unleashed, or portrayed, well enough in the books....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Bat Villian?   Favorite Bat Villian? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Bat Villian?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next