the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does it piss you off?

Go down 
+9
bayani
Thomas
MJ
PeteWisdom
Gabe_Gray
CaptainJoel
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
True Believer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

Does it piss you off? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Martian Manhunter's death - 1
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Martian Manhunter - 10
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 10:41 pm

8. I know Morrison intentionally killed him in such a banal fashion to juxtapose the -- Y'know what? I don't even know why he did it. I don't care. It was dumb.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:07 am

True Believer wrote:
8. I know Morrison intentionally killed him in such a banal fashion to juxtapose the -- Y'know what? I don't even know why he did it. I don't care. It was dumb.

Well because Crisis's always have a death of a relatively main character.

Martian Manhunter has definitely gotten stale, and poorly used. Plus I hope Requiem is pretty good, given the fact that his death was abrupt and kinda poorly done.

Morrison doesn't typically pull a Bendis and kill characters for "shock value" So I'm hoping there's more to it.

as of right now.... eh 6-7.

if its expanded upon... 3-4
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:53 am

Martian Manhunter is dead?...sigh, 7. It would probably piss me off a whole lot more if I were a big DC guy but I'm mostly just Marvel....or maybe it would be the same because there is not really such a thing as 'death' for main characters it's more like 'vacation'.
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 2:11 am

Martian Manhunter - 6

I never really liked him all that much but his death was so quick, and just felt rushed.

This thought just popped in my head. Does that mean there aren't anymore green Martians in the DCU?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 2:13 am

Gabe_Gray wrote:
Martian Manhunter - 6

I never really liked him all that much but his death was so quick, and just felt rushed.

This thought just popped in my head. Does that mean there aren't anymore green Martians in the DCU?

Well J'onn was the last, so yeah. Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 2:44 am

Death of Captain America (Steve Rogers)

Does it piss you off? - Page 2 Steverogers
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 3:04 am

Death of Cap... a 7.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 3:08 am

3--That's weird...I never would have expected it to be something cool but it kind of is. I just whish I was reading all of the Cap stuff on top of everything else I don't have time or money to read. BUT I was actually one of the few people who was into Ben Reilly back when that story was happening. I always liked the idea of actual change happening in comics AND in the case of Cap it seems like a good story so why the fuck not?
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 3:33 am

Death Of Captain America - 5

I'm torn in between liking Bucky being the new Cap and mad that Steve Rogers is dead.

Overall, great story.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 10:58 am

Captain America - 10

I like Bucky as Cap but I think he was just as cool as the Winter Soldier.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 5:09 pm

Martian Manhunter: 5

I never really knew of him until the Justice League animated series

Cap: 5-6

I never really got into Cap so I'm more indifferent to his death (which was good IMO)
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Iron Man (possibly) revealed as a Skrull

Does it piss you off? - Page 2 Wizarduniverse_2009_378705495
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 5:26 pm

Shaun wrote:
I never really got into Cap so I'm more indifferent to his death (which was good IMO)

Obviously you never read Brubakers run of Cap., I only read an issue from time to time before I read that, and now I don't miss an issue.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 5:39 pm

Thomas wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Obviously you never read Brubakers run of Cap., I only read an issue from time to time before I read that, and now I don't miss an issue.

I tried to get into it after Caps death but I didnt stick with it

but I am reading his run on Daredevil so that's gotta count for something
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:10 pm

Gabe_Gray wrote:

If it is true...

Then Bendis and Q-boy are confirmed liars and they should be put to death.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:13 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Gabe_Gray wrote:

If it is true...

Then Bendis and Q-boy are confirmed liars and they should be put to death.

I call dibs on the execution!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:25 pm

Shaun wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shaun wrote:

It counts for the fact that you have your priorities out of whack. Captain America should be first, then Criminal, then Daredevil (all EB books).
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:28 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shaun wrote:

It counts for the fact that you have your priorities out of whack. Captain America should be first, then Criminal, then Daredevil (all EB books).

THEN UNCANNY X-MEN

Yeesh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:33 pm

Thomas wrote:
Captain America - 10

I like Bucky as Cap but I think he was just as cool as the Winter Soldier.

Cap's death was unxpected, but I really should have seen it coming. I have to give it an 8, Iron possibly a skrull - don't believe it, if its true I'd give that a 10! Bucky as the new Cap... too early to say, he doesn't seem to have much of a personality, whay does he want, want does he stand for. In a way he's like Steve a man out of step with the rest of the world, but where does he fit in and why should we care about him? I think they need to flesh out his character a little more., but i give that a5 for now.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 8:10 pm

MJ washing PP's clothes - 4

MJ doing my laundry - 0

Luke Cage leading the New Avengers - 8

Captain America dying - 10 (despite how well the story was written and how beneficial this event is for Cap's popularity in general).
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:30 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Shaun wrote:

But . . . Daredevil's better than Cap!

I haven't read Criminal, yet. For some reason I feel like it won't be able to live up to the hype.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:53 pm

True Believer wrote:

I've been a DD fan for years, but Cap's an Icon, a legend, a father figure...he IS America!

I wouldn't want to decide who was better.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 9:59 pm

DanElectro wrote:
True Believer wrote:

I've been a DD fan for years, but Cap's an Icon, a legend, a father figure...he IS America!

I wouldn't want to decide who was better.

I actually meant the comic not the character.

Yeah, Steve Rogers' Cap pwns Daredevil. And Bucky as Cap . . . It's a toss-up. Might go with Matt, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does it piss you off?   Does it piss you off? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does it piss you off?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: