the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to see...

Go down 
+31
munson!
PeteWisdom
Gabe_Gray
Maxyboi2424
minimalist
osirus12002
JimDarkMagic
bayani
Tayley
Leachcraft
howie024m
NoLuv4Hoes
Aycock
Hedinnweis
LifesTruesin
DanElectro
GoZ
GreatWhiteNinja
TJ
Shaun
Mr.Wholesome
Tim Radd
Figga
REEF aka Luke Cage
shazam!
True Believer
Liquid Sword
CaptainJoel
Thomas
Big H
Shadowrenderer
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
AuthorMessage
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

I want to see... - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 am

There was nothing not PC in that post. It was just cool.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:44 am

GoZ wrote:
True Believer wrote:
GoZ wrote:
WARNING! I REFUSE TO BE PC IN THE FOLLOWING POST!

I remember when John became GL....And as a kid, it totally blew me away! We used to play super-heroes when I was a kid, we had hand made masks and everything. I remember coming home with the issue where John fights Major Disaster, to my young mind, it was epic! I recall being so excited to tell my friend Chris, "Dude! You can be Green Lantern! I'll be Cap, and Bobby can be Wolverine!" Chris, who is black said to me, (And this is word for word) "I can't be Green Lantern, Green Lantern is white." I pulled out that issue of GL and said, "Not anymore!" Yes, yes, we all live in more enlightened times, but back then, my friend thought he could only be Black Panther or Falcon...and this opened up a whole new world, not just for him, but for us.

Okay, history lesson over....I like John, and think he has great potential, however, no writer has ever gotten him right, IMO. Honestly, the best version of him has been in JLU, which they tried to bring to the comics, but feel they felt short......

Honestly I think trying to make JLU John comic book John is pretty much where it all fell apart. Before that, even if you didn't like the stories, during the Gerard Jones era and the Mosaic comic he was at least his own character with a fully fleshed out personality. He was smarter and more intellectually curious than Guy or Hal and often sought non-violent solutions to problems if possible.

And, yeah, it didn't hurt that the black guy in the Green Lantern comics was more than just the jive talkin' dumb muscle. But what was really cool was that being black wasn't essential to his character, it's just something he was, not what defined him.

Also, Katma Tui's still dead. The fuck?

I agree, I think they tried to take both incarnations of the character, and meld them into one guy, and they failed. Had they gone with one or the other, he would be considered on par with Hal, or any other GL. I still think John is an interesting character, but only because of his untapped potential......
I agree. I really wish they could use John in a way that would actually bring him to a new tier.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 8:59 am

I'll 4th or 5th that. John could be so cool, but he's just not... I like him, but he's the least cool of the earth GL's by far. There have been a few brief flashes of his potential but nothing sustained. He deserves better.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:44 pm

I remember buying the first few issues of GL: Mosaic when it first came out, because I loved the covers. When I finally got around to reading those 3 or 4 issues, I hated the book. I was very disappointed because I just had a feeling that it'd be great and it was far from it.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
I remember buying the first few issues of GL: Mosaic when it first came out, because I loved the covers. When I finally got around to reading those 3 or 4 issues, I hated the book. I was very disappointed because I just had a feeling that it'd be great and it was far from it.

I dug it. It was different from anything in superhero comics (not that it was new when I read it) which I liked. I liked the detail that went into creating that world/community and I really thought the ending could've been great if Jones hadn't had to rush it. Mostly, though, I like John Stewart of that era. He's a unique character whose personality was actually influenced by his history with the death of his wife and destruction of Xanshi driving him boderline nuts.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:22 am

True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I dug it. It was different from anything in superhero comics (not that it was new when I read it) which I liked. I liked the detail that went into creating that world/community and I really thought the ending could've been great if Jones hadn't had to rush it. Mostly, though, I like John Stewart of that era. He's a unique character whose personality was actually influenced by his history with the death of his wife and destruction of Xanshi driving him boderline nuts.

You know, I have no idea what I'd think of it today. I was about 14 when the book came out and there was nothing greater than Rob Liefeld on the whole planet. That's right, 1990 me was Dan Lynch.

Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:57 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

You know, I have no idea what I'd think of it today. I was about 14 when the book came out and there was nothing greater than Rob Liefeld on the whole planet. That's right, 1990 me was Dan Lynch.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:20 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:01 am

I want to see Uncanny X-Force vs. Secret Avengers
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:19 am

I want to see the Young Avengers fight the Teen Titans. Whatever happened to crossover books? I'm so sad that I haven't seen one around in so long.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:26 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
I want to see the Young Avengers fight the Teen Titans. Whatever happened to crossover books? I'm so sad that I haven't seen one around in so long.

Yeah that would be awesome. But I'd settle for Young Avengers vs. the mutant kids still on Utopia and/or Avengers Academy vs. the kids at the Jean Grey School.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 11:50 am

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Yeah that would be awesome. But I'd settle for Young Avengers vs. the mutant kids still on Utopia and/or Avengers Academy vs. the kids at the Jean Grey School.

speaking of teen marvel teams where the fuck are the Runaways in all this? I just realized how long its been since I heard anything that at all about the Runaways

oh and the Young Avengers should def show the Academy kids how its done have em like team up against a new Dark Young Avengers or Bastards of Evil line up since I doubt Young Allies is comin back any time soon
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

speaking of teen marvel teams where the fuck are the Runaways in all this? I just realized how long its been since I heard anything that at all about the Runaways

oh and the Young Avengers should def show the Academy kids how its done have em like team up against a new Dark Young Avengers or Bastards of Evil line up since I doubt Young Allies is comin back any time soon

At this point I'm not interested in seeing a Runaways comic that's not written by BKV.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 pm

True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

At this point I'm not interested in seeing a Runaways comic that's not written by BKV.

hmmmm yeah u kinda gotta point there but still I mean wtf have they been up to? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:33 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

hmmmm yeah u kinda gotta point there but still I mean wtf have they been up to? Laughing

They've been in Daken - Dark Wolverine for the last two or three issues.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Thomas wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

They've been in Daken - Dark Wolverine for the last two or three issues.

i havent read anything Daken in forever someone OQL that shiznit Laughing
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Thomas wrote:

+1

Make it happen, Remender.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:25 am

Figga wrote:
Thomas wrote:

+1

Make it happen, Remender.

me three.

even if just to see Beast get all self-rightious about it and Deadpool throws a ball of yarn at him.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:14 am

A pokemon murder mystery Laughing or really just anything thats like rated R w/ pokemon in it (weird sex stuff no included)
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:42 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
A pokemon murder mystery Laughing or really just anything thats like rated R w/ pokemon in it (weird sex stuff not included)

you dont want to see Dito with a pimp hat?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:08 pm

markrocks wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
A pokemon murder mystery Laughing or really just anything thats like rated R w/ pokemon in it (weird sex stuff not included)

Just wait a couple of years for the gritty Pokemon reboot.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 10:29 pm

True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

Just wait a couple of years for the gritty Pokemon reboot.
Milf concubines, FTW.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 12:27 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
A pokemon murder mystery Laughing or really just anything thats like rated R w/ pokemon in it (weird sex stuff no included)

..............WTF would happen if Pikachu got the electric chair?
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:56 am

TJ wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:

..............WTF would happen if Pikachu got the electric chair?

he'd power up over 9000 and escape
Back to top Go down
Sink
The Omega
The Omega
Sink

Male Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 5:29 am

I was just thinking to myself last week: "Maybe I should write a book that's set in the Pokemon universe, but rated R. Like if Michael Vick lived in Pokemangland."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to see...
Page 34 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: