the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPIDEY!

Go down 
+23
markrocks
GreatWhiteNinja
Gabe_Gray
howie024m
NoLuv4Hoes
shazam!
Liquid Sword
Hedinnweis
munson!
Tim Radd
Figga
REEF aka Luke Cage
Martin
CaptainJoel
TJ
GoZ
Thomas
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
Shaun
True Believer
DanElectro
PeteWisdom
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 5:10 pm

I can get behind this guy. (Don't do it.) He more or less looks the part, I haven't actually seen any of his performances but he hasn't been in anything awful. Plus he's gotta be better than Tobey MaGuire.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 pm

Spider-Man

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=28545

joe broke the continuity and nothing he says will fix it.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:34 pm

markrocks wrote:
Spider-Man

Neutral
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:57 am

markrocks wrote:
Spider-Man

I'm about 12 issues behind wtih ASM Facepalm 2
so I haven't yet read OMIT and don't know where this is going and how OMD will be fixed but I did like the idea of Peter being single and think that the last two decades of ASM needed to be shaken up a bit. I respect JMS's run and think he's a good writer but I've never liked the idea of Peter being married and couldn't care less for most of the stories throughout the 90's. Unfortunately this articles suggests that despite how talented the recent artists and writers on ASM have been, the whole BND and OMD idea was poorly planned and executed. As an EIC you never just want to retcon over 30yrs of continuity but to continue to retcon more recent arcs is in poor taste. There are exceptions for historical retcons like Brubaker bringing Bucky back, but they really are exceptions and are rarely as well done as with EB's Cap book. I definitely don't want to see MJ back with Harry. I liked the chemistry between her and Pete...just never the idea of Peter being married...whether to her or anyone else for that matter. I like the chemistry between Pete and Black Cat as well and want to still see that in the book. But one thing no one wants to see is the return of Gwen Stacey. Her death had such a profound effect on the development of Peter Parker and Spider Man as characters that to take it back would redefine who they are completely. Spidey is who he is today because of her death.

Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 8:54 pm

well said

i collect spider-man in TPB form and im behind as well i have Omit but not the gauntlet. i loved the jms run (for me its up there with simonsons thor, but thats neither her nor there). the only thing i didnt like was the story with gwens children. thats the story that aged peter more than being married. i liked MJ but she was never the character she should have been. i wrote somewhere that at least JMS made her a stonger woman. back in the day she just bit her lip and stared ot the window for peter to be safe. Mj is the reason for my red head fetish.
my problem with this whole thing is that its a rough read. its like driving down main street then having to take a detour around the block to get back on the main street. you look back and go what the hell?
have you read OMIT in the oql? its worth it. but even that story is too short. the shiping schedule was the only thing that i didnt like about BND. some of the storys got cut short that could haave been beter as a five or six part story.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeah, I agree with you that some of the BND and OMD stories were cut short. In fact, in the last few years with the Brain Trust we've gotten a lot of rushed stories. Whether it was a great writer trying to get their story out in a limited number of issues only to not return back to the title to tie up loose ends for months or the overall attempt to fill in missing pieces to make OMD make any sense all fell short in my opinion. That said, however, I've really liked the storytelling over the last few years...a lot, despite the problems presented by the retcon. I'm hoping that eventually we'll get a satisfying resolution somehow that makes sense of this whole thing.

I haven't read OMIT at all. I'm reading the book in trades as well but am buying the issues too....always have.

I also like the stronger MJ but the one that I particularly liked was her before the wedding, the MJ in Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man for example...the strong and unpredictable girl that would just show up unexpectedly and with whom Pete had amazing chemistry with but as readers we knew that he also had the Black Cat in his life and the door was still left open to flirt with others as well. I don't, maybe it's just me, but I'm also really liking the interaction between Pete and Carol Danvers. It's always so well written and funny...I find it refreshing!

FYI
An announcement was just made (yesterday?) that ASM will be bimonthly and written solely by Slott from now one. I think this is great news. Slott's also come out and said that there will be some significant changes in Pete's life including a new career...not JOB, but a real career...in science. Finally! I've always wanted to see Pete getting into scientific research or have a job in academia. He's one of the MU's smartest individuals but doesn't really have the opportunity to use it until possibly now. There's also mention of this opening up opportunities to Pete upgrading the weapons/tools at his disposal as well as possibly adding new costumes. The latter part I'm not thrilled with. I don't want to see another costume and it's suggested that there may be a number of new costumes since Pete may have new resources available to him. I don't want to see him become another Tony Stark.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:31 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Yeah, I agree with you that some of the BND and OMD stories were cut short. In fact, in the last few years with the Brain Trust we've gotten a lot of rushed stories. Whether it was a great writer trying to get their story out in a limited number of issues only to not return back to the title to tie up loose ends for months or the overall attempt to fill in missing pieces to make OMD make any sense all fell short in my opinion. That said, however, I've really liked the storytelling over the last few years...a lot, despite the problems presented by the retcon. I'm hoping that eventually we'll get a satisfying resolution somehow that makes sense of this whole thing.

I haven't read OMIT at all. I'm reading the book in trades as well but am buying the issues too....always have.

I also like the stronger MJ but the one that I particularly liked was her before the wedding, the MJ in Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-Man for example...the strong and unpredictable girl that would just show up unexpectedly and with whom Pete had amazing chemistry with but as readers we knew that he also had the Black Cat in his life and the door was still left open to flirt with others as well. I don't, maybe it's just me, but I'm also really liking the interaction between Pete and Carol Danvers. It's always so well written and funny...I find it refreshing!

FYI
An announcement was just made (yesterday?) that ASM will be bimonthly and written solely by Slott from now one. I think this is great news. Slott's also come out and said that there will be some significant changes in Pete's life including a new career...not JOB, but a real career...in science. Finally! I've always wanted to see Pete getting into scientific research or have a job in academia. He's one of the MU's smartest individuals but doesn't really have the opportunity to use it until possibly now. There's also mention of this opening up opportunities to Pete upgrading the weapons/tools at his disposal as well as possibly adding new costumes. The latter part I'm not thrilled with. I don't want to see another costume and it's suggested that there may be a number of new costumes since Pete may have new resources available to him. I don't want to see him become another Tony Stark.

The only upgrades should be functional not to the appearence of his costume. For instance how about he gets one made out of unstable particles so it doesn't get torn up all the time. Give him a winter one that's got high tech isulation so he's not alway complaining about freezing in the winter. Have him carry more than a couple reloads for his web cartridges so he doesn't run out every time he fights someone.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:44 pm

Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FYI

The only upgrades should be functional not to the appearence of his costume. For instance how about he gets one made out of unstable particles so it doesn't get torn up all the time. Give him a winter one that's got high tech isulation so he's not alway complaining about freezing in the winter. Have him carry more than a couple reloads for his web cartridges so he doesn't run out every time he fights someone.

Although your suggestions make sense, the only one I would go with is the upgrade to his web shooters because they've really made it a bit too annoying in recent story lines with him frequently running out of web fluid. I would conjecture that the new costumes will very likely look different as well...just to piss me off! There's also talk of a spidey lair!!! Shocked The horror!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 10:59 pm

DanElectro wrote:

FYI

i read this, too. i like slott he has a vivid imagination, but i liked the marc guginhiem issues more. from his law and order days he has a good grasp of the law, even if its fictional law, that made his stories alittle more real.
i like what Big Time is going to do for spidey. what i dont like is humberto Ramos on the book. personaly i liked ron garneys run more than JrJr.

the costume changes are practical to me. i like the idea that he has different costumes for every occasion. i would hope its done in the same way as batman where you cant see the upgrades, but they're there.

i also hope he uses some of his other powers. the "spider" gave him some cool abilities that would be better than having gagets. didnt he comunicate with spiders at one time?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:10 pm

markrocks wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FYI

i read this, too. i like slott he has a vivid imagination, but i liked the marc guginhiem issues more. from his law and order days he has a good grasp of the law, even if its fictional law, that made his stories alittle more real.
i like what Big Time is going to do for spidey. what i dont like is humberto Ramos on the book. personaly i liked ron garneys run more than JrJr.

the costume changes are practical to me. i like the idea that he has different costumes for every occasion. i would hope its done in the same way as batman where you cant see the upgrades, but they're there.

i also hope he uses some of his other powers. the "spider" gave him some cool abilities that would be better than having gagets. didnt he comunicate with spiders at one time?

He doesn't have "The Other" powers anymore.

I'd rather have Marco Checchetto draw the book he did an awesome job in the Grim Hunt storyline, maybe my favorite Spidey artist.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:15 am

Thomas wrote:
markrocks wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FYI

He doesn't have "The Other" powers anymore.

I'd rather have Marco Checchetto draw the book he did an awesome job in the Grim Hunt storyline, maybe my favorite Spidey artist.

Yeah, the powers JMS wrote in are gone

I don't like Ramos on the book either...to cartoony for my taste. He's ok on x-books or on something like the runaways or Avengers Academy.

I like both of your suggestions for artist over Ramos. If it were up to me, I'd have Joe Q do all the art.

Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:56 am

SPIDEY! - Page 13 35503

Rhys Ifans Cast in SPIDER-MAN - But Who Will He Play?

By Albert Ching, Newsarama Staff Writer
posted: 11 October 2010 04:00 pm ET

http://www.newsarama.com/film/spider-man-rhys-ifans-101011.html

Rhys Ifans has been cast in 2012's Spider-Man film as a villain, but exactly which character he'll be playing is yet to be revealed.

"What sets the Spider-Man villains apart is the complexity of their relationships with Peter Parker," said Spider-Man director Marc Webb in the Sony Pictures press release confirming the news. "Rhys' incredible ability to embody both warmth and rage makes him the ideal choice for this character."

Ifans, 43, has acted in movies including Notting Hill and Hannibal Rising, and portrays Xenophilius Lovegood in the upcoming two-part Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The Welsh actor will play opposite British actor Andrew Garfield, playing the title role. American Emma Stone was cast as Gwen Stacy last week.

-------

There's speculation in the press, that he'll play the Green Goblin or Venom. I doubt it based on the above quote from the director. A character that comes to mind that embodies both warmth and rage in one personality (sounds like a jekyll and hyde personality) is likely The Lizard/Curt Connors, a character that I'd love to see. He appears early in Spidey's career while Peter Parker is still in high school, a period that SM 4 is about.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:15 pm

Wait ... what? It's back to being set in highschool? So confused....

I don't want to see Gwen killed by any other character besides Green Goblin, but I thought they did a pretty good job of him in the first movie, except for the lack of Gwen, so I'd really rather see a different villian in this one, but I'm very torn. Doing the Green Goblin story right with him killing Gwen is essential imo. It shapes so much of who Spider-Man is it has to be done. Fuck it...do the Green Goblin again, but there better be a purple stocking cap this time GoZ dammit!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:36 pm

howie024m wrote:

I don't want to see Gwen killed by any other character besides Green Goblin, but I thought they did a pretty good job of him in the first movie, except for the lack of Gwen, so I'd really rather see a different villian in this one, but I'm very torn. Doing the Green Goblin story right with him killing Gwen is essential imo. It shapes so much of who Spider-Man is it has to be done. Fuck it...do the Green Goblin again, but there better be a purple stocking cap this time GoZ dammit!

No, that bottom text was from Dan, not the article and he may not know that they moved it to college.

I do agree, though, that he's probably Curt Conners/The Lizard.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 9:45 pm

howie024m wrote:

My take is their gonna take more than one movie to do the whole Gwen thing. Put Lizard or whoever in this movie as Parker breaks through as Spiderman, friendship with Mary Jane and a developing love interest with Gwen. At the end of the first movie Harry's father begins the transition to Green Goblin.

Second movie deals with Goblin as villain and him killing Gwen Stacy.

Third movie I feel they might accidentally trip over their own feet again as they do a meaner Spiderman, dealing with the death of his girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:31 am

I hope he's Electro.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:34 am

I hope he's Gwen Stacy.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 1:55 am

Leachcraft wrote:
I hope he's Gwen Stacy.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:32 am

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
I hope he's Gwen Stacy.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:10 am

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Spidey

Exclusive: Sony's New 'Spider-Man' Villain Is ...
The Lizard!

By Jeff Sneider
Published: October 13, 2010 @ 3:38 pm

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/exclusive-sony-new-spider-man-villain-lizard-21693

EXCLUSIVE

Rhys Ifans will play Dr. Curt Connors, better known as The Lizard, in Marc Webb's "Spider-Man," TheWrap has learned.

There had been rumors across the blogosphere that Sony was thinking of bringing back Venom for the franchise reboot, but that character will not be featured in the movie, two individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.

Andrew Garfield stars as Peter Parker, while Emma Stone will play Gwen Stacy, who rivals Mary Jane Watson for Spidey's affection.

Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin are producing the movie, which begins production in December.

Dylan Baker played Connors in Sam Raimi's two "Spider-Man" sequels.

"Spider-Man" will hit theaters in 3D on July 3, 2012.

Last edited by DanElectro on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:12 am

DanElectro wrote:
SPIDEY! - Page 13 Spidey

Exclusive: Sony's New 'Spider-Man' Villain Is ... The Lizard!

By Jeff Sneider

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/exclusive-sony-new-spider-man-villain-lizard-21693

EXCLUSIVE

Rhys Ifans will play Dr. Curt Connors, better known as The Lizard, in Marc Webb's "Spider-Man," TheWrap has learned.

There had been rumors across the blogosphere that Sony was thinking of bringing back Venom for the franchise reboot, but that character will not be featured in the movie, two individuals familiar with the project have told TheWrap.

Andrew Garfield stars as Peter Parker, while Emma Stone will play Gwen Stacy, who rivals Mary Jane Watson for Spidey's affection.

Avi Arad and Laura Ziskin are producing the movie, which begins production in December.

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 3:14 am

DanElectro wrote:
SPIDEY! - Page 13 Spidey

Exclusive: Sony's New 'Spider-Man' Villain Is ...
The Lizard!

By Jeff Sneider

EXCLUSIVE

F*CK YEAH!!! This is brilliant casting! Rhys Ifans is a great actor!
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 13 EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 4:29 am

SPIDEY! - Page 13 Peteranduncleben
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow