the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batman R.I.P #681

Go down 
+5
True Believer
TJ
Shaun
Maxyboi2424
Tim Radd
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 5:40 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Maxyboi2424
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Maxyboi2424

Male Age : 30

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 6:40 pm

okay R.I.P. has NEVER made sense to me honestly.
i got some questions:
1:is bruce really fucking DEAD!?
2:was that dude really bruce's father?!
3:what the fuck was with the bats in the end?!
4:what the fuck was up with the joker!?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 7:09 pm

Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

the bats were the League of Shadow's Ninja Man-Bats
Back to top Go down
Maxyboi2424
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Maxyboi2424

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Shaun wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

ok that answered absolutely nothing lol.
but thanks
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 8:40 pm

Maxyboi2424 wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

ok that answered absolutely nothing lol.
but thanks

I know in one story the League gets hold of the Man-Bat formula
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:20 pm

Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

1. Remember one of the cardinal rule of comics "no body no death"
2. No
3. *refer to man-bat formula*
4. Batman prepares for everything and Joker knows this......and thus this makes Batman unpredictable a "wild card". So, Joker knows you can't beat someone who you can't predict the pattern of.
Back to top Go down
Maxyboi2424
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Maxyboi2424

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyFri Nov 28, 2008 9:38 pm

TJ wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

2. No
4. Batman prepares for everything and Joker knows this......and thus this makes Batman unpredictable a "wild card". So, Joker knows you can't beat someone who you can't predict the pattern of.
thank you sir.
but why did he say he was his dad
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 1:13 am

Maxyboi2424 wrote:
TJ wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

2. No
thank you sir.

to make Batman question his purpose of being Batman
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 11:21 am

Shaun wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
TJ wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

2. No
thank you sir.

I'm pretty sure there's something much deeper than that going on here. And that we likely haven't seen the last of Dr. Hurt.

I'd don't think they suggested that Martha Wayne had an affair with Alfred just to throw us off track. I'm not sure Hurt is Bruce's brother, exactly (since it wouldn't be logical for him to look like Thomas) but he must have some connection to the Wayne family.

It also makes me wonder what role Hush will be playing in the post-R.I.P. Batman universe.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 3:22 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
TJ wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

2. No
thank you sir.

I'm pretty sure there's something much deeper than that going on here. And that we likely haven't seen the last of Dr. Hurt.

I'd don't think they suggested that Martha Wayne had an affair with Alfred just to throw us off track. I'm not sure Hurt is Bruce's brother, exactly (since it wouldn't be logical for him to look like Thomas) but he must have some connection to the Wayne family.

It also makes me wonder what role Hush will be playing in the post-R.I.P. Batman universe.

well I think Hush will try and take over as Bruce since he has made himself look like him, my guess is that he's gonna play amnesiac just to get Dick and Tims' trust and then take over
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Male Age : 32

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptySat Nov 29, 2008 8:27 pm

so confused.....
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:05 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shaun wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
TJ wrote:
Maxyboi2424 wrote:
i got some questions:

2. No
thank you sir.

Alot of what I'm getting is that Hurt is the son of Mangrove Pierce, who is an alias for Joe Chill. Either that or the devil himself. Which has also been implied a bit, given the fact that Bruce has been searching for "The Ultimate Evil" or whatever.

Anywho, all implications also lead us to believe that...

Nightwing will take up the mantle, and then once Bruce reclaims it, well Dick may die. Nightwing is cancelled you know.

Oh, and RIP takes place before Final Crisis, so Bruce obviously goes back to being Batman.

Overall its very weird, and leaves about a billion questions, but I enjoyed it. I had to go back and reread it, but its good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:19 pm

I really don't think they will kill off Nightwing, he is basically essential to DC now. just cause they are cancelling his series does not mean they are getting rid of him

HE SHALL LIVE

they even said in infinite crisis that "Dick has so many connections to other characters. In many ways, even more than Superman or Batman, Nightwing is the soul, the linch-pin, of the DCU. He's well respected by everyone, known to the JLA, the Titans, the Outsiders, Birds of Prey — everyone looks to him for advice, for friendship, for his skills. He's the natural leader of the DCU."
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Okay, found what I was lookin for.

Taken from a thread on co.

The time: 40 to 35 years ago. John Mayhew in his 20s directs "The Black Glove" movie, starring Mangrove Pierce and Marsha Lamarr, Mayhew's 5th wife. Mangrove and Marsha have an affair. She gets pregnant and a boy is born. Mayhew finds out the baby isn't his, has his wife killed and frames Mangrove Pierce for the murder. The Waynes provide Mayhew with an alibi. Pierce is arrested and the baby boy is given for adoption. He temporarly lives with the Waynes before getting a new home.

30 years ago (1977, May 9th). "Gotham's Hurt missing". Hurt was a philantrope just like Thomas Wayne. He even ended up adopting a boy Thomas Wayne previously sheltered. He named him Simon. Simon Hurt. But where is he now?

27 to 25 years ago. Mangrove Pierce is released on parole for good behaviour. He adopts or reassumes the name Joe Chill. "Mangrove Pierce" was probably an alias, common among actors, like Pennyworth's "Alfred Beagle". He resents the rich and powerful ("And then you look at all this privileged jerks, these doctors and lawyers and millionaires and their trophy wives... "). Since Mayhew is in seclusion and nowhere to be found, Chill goes after the Waynes to have his revenge. He kills Thomas and Martha, but lacks the guts to do young Bruce ("I shoulda shot the kid right there -- Three for three - But he was like my own boy. The son I lost. ")

He says "3 for 3", not "3 in 3"; "3 for 3": Thomas, Martha and Bruce for Marsha, his son "Simon" and himself.

Circa 15 years ago. Joe Chill, formerly known as "Mangrove Pierce", is now a mid-ranking crime boss, having built a legitimate front, the "Land, Sea, Air Transport Company". Batman haunts him for a whole month until he breaks in despair and kills himself. Somewhere down the line, Simon Hurt learns everything about his past, including the fact Batman lead his real father to commit suicide. And from who does he learn it? From the Black Glove. Simon Hurt is his bet on Evil; Bruce Wayne is his bet on Good. But who is the Black Glove? Simon Hurt is now resentful of the rich and powerful, just like his father before him.

15 to 10 years ago. Dr.Simon Hurt is a psychologist for the army and does a deep research on the Batman. He learns everything he can about him and everything else FROM him, through the 10-day isolation chamber experiment. He creates the 3 replacement Batmen and plants hypnotic trigger words on all 3 of them and in Batman as well (Zur-En-Arrh). He now knows Batman as no one else.

Some months ago. Batman goes through the Thorgal ritual in Nanda Parbat to purge himself from the demons, only to find out later those demons were the only thing putting him together. He enters the temple in Nanda Parbat to reintegrate the demons again. He returns to Gotham fully reinvigorated and puts an end to all crime in Gotham. That's when things start to happen: the 3 replacement Batmen reemerge; Batman remembers the Black Casebook and the Isolation Chamber experiment; John Mayhew returns; Dr.Hurt returns.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:30 pm

Tim Radd wrote:
I really don't think they will kill off Nightwing, he is basically essential to DC now. just cause they are cancelling his series does not mean they are getting rid of him

HE SHALL LIVE

they even said in infinite crisis that "Dick has so many connections to other characters. In many ways, even more than Superman or Batman, Nightwing is the soul, the linch-pin, of the DCU. He's well respected by everyone, known to the JLA, the Titans, the Outsiders, Birds of Prey — everyone looks to him for advice, for friendship, for his skills. He's the natural leader of the DCU."

Sure sure.

BUUUUUT

First off, lets the get obvious out of the way and say that Didio wants Nightwing dead. Attempted it in Infinite Crisis, but everyone else thought he was crazy, so they sacrificed Superboy, plus the name was going through legal issues too.

Okay, I found the best phrased way to put it from another forum.

So it seems as though Dick Grayson will be taking over the mantle—there’s been much foreshadowing in his own title, and finally in Batman 681 when he holds the cowl.

My question: is Dick Grayson a dead man? Consider:

A) In Batman 666, Damian says he can’t be as good a Batman as Bruce or even Dick Grayson. Presumably, Dick takes over the mantle.

B) In Batman 666 someone asks Commissioner Barbara Gordon why she hates Damian. She hesitates and says he was responsible for the death of “a good friend”. Is that Dick?

C) In Batman 666, a flashback of YOUNG Damian as Robin shows him shouting over the dead body of Batman—a Batman with a modified costume (the symbol has a longer tail, which can also be seen in the trophy room in Damian’s batcave). Is this Dick’s variation of the costume?

D) At the end of Batman 681, Dr. Hurt says “I curse the cape and cowl… the next time you wear it will be your last”. He curses the cape and cowl. Not Bruce. Was the phrasing done that way on purpose? If Dick is next to wear the cape and cowl, does he suffer the cursed fate assigned by Dr. Hurt?

E) Morrison has said all along the clues in his story are obvious. These seem pretty obvious.

F) Didio supposedly hates Dick Grayson.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:37 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

HE SHALL LIVE

Sure sure.

BUUUUUT

First off, lets the get obvious out of the way and say that Didio wants Nightwing dead. Attempted it in Infinite Crisis, but everyone else thought he was crazy, so they sacrificed Superboy, plus the name was going through legal issues too.

So it seems as though Dick Grayson will be taking over the mantle—there’s been much foreshadowing in his own title, and finally in Batman 681 when he holds the cowl.

A) In Batman 666, Damian says he can’t be as good a Batman as Bruce or even Dick Grayson. Presumably, Dick takes over the mantle.

B) In Batman 666 someone asks Commissioner Barbara Gordon why she hates Damian. She hesitates and says he was responsible for the death of “a good friend”. Is that Dick?

C) In Batman 666, a flashback of YOUNG Damian as Robin shows him shouting over the dead body of Batman—a Batman with a modified costume (the symbol has a longer tail, which can also be seen in the trophy room in Damian’s batcave). Is this Dick’s variation of the costume?

D) At the end of Batman 681, Dr. Hurt says “I curse the cape and cowl… the next time you wear it will be your last”. He curses the cape and cowl. Not Bruce. Was the phrasing done that way on purpose? If Dick is next to wear the cape and cowl, does he suffer the cursed fate assigned by Dr. Hurt?

E) Morrison has said all along the clues in his story are obvious. These seem pretty obvious.

Thoughts?

How can anyone hate Dick Grayson?
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:38 pm

my thoughts are...I'll kill didio if they kill of Nightwing...especially in a lame ass way
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:53 pm

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

HE SHALL LIVE

Sure sure.

BUUUUUT

Thoughts?

From what I gather is this...

Having Dick around, makes Bruce old. Especially since Dick has been apart of the Bat U since... forever. He was a kid, now hes in his what? Mid 20's? Makes Bruce seem too old.

Same problem with Joey Q and Spidey being married.

Bats just cant download porn with Dick around.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:55 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

HE SHALL LIVE

Sure sure.

BUUUUUT

Thoughts?

Having Dick around, makes Bruce old. Especially since Dick has been apart of the Bat U since... forever. He was a kid, now hes in his what? Mid 20's? Makes Bruce seem too old.

he needs to learn to share anyway
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Tim Radd wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

HE SHALL LIVE

Sure sure.

BUUUUUT

Thoughts?

Yeah because there aren't whole teams of older heroes or anything that people love like the JSA. What is the obsession with all heroes having to be young? Sure I don't want them to get so old they can't fight anymore but why not just ignore aging like comics ignore other things?
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

HE SHALL LIVE

Sure sure.

BUUUUUT

Thoughts?

Yeah because there aren't whole teams of older heroes or anything that people love like the JSA. What is the obsession with all heroes having to be young? Sure I don't want them to get so old they can't fight anymore but why not just ignore aging like comics ignore other things?

I was talking about the porn Thomas but alright lol
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:07 pm

The thing is, during the whole Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul story, Bruce did fall into the pond of youth or whatever...

which you know... helps keeps him young in continuity, but umm still can maintain the history or whatever of an older chap.

Or something.

This was like maybe 13 issues ago.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:16 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
The thing is, during the whole Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul story, Bruce did fall into the pond of youth or whatever...

which you know... helps keeps him young in continuity, but umm still can maintain the history or whatever of an older chap.

Or something.

And in Superman/Batman he was placed in a healing chamber by Orion's wife that healed all of his scars and past injuries.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:17 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Okay, found what I was lookin for.

Taken from a thread on co.

The time: 40 to 35 years ago. John Mayhew in his 20s directs "The Black Glove" movie, starring Mangrove Pierce and Marsha Lamarr, Mayhew's 5th wife. Mangrove and Marsha have an affair. She gets pregnant and a boy is born. Mayhew finds out the baby isn't his, has his wife killed and frames Mangrove Pierce for the murder. The Waynes provide Mayhew with an alibi. Pierce is arrested and the baby boy is given for adoption. He temporarly lives with the Waynes before getting a new home.

30 years ago (1977, May 9th). "Gotham's Hurt missing". Hurt was a philantrope just like Thomas Wayne. He even ended up adopting a boy Thomas Wayne previously sheltered. He named him Simon. Simon Hurt. But where is he now?

27 to 25 years ago. Mangrove Pierce is released on parole for good behaviour. He adopts or reassumes the name Joe Chill. "Mangrove Pierce" was probably an alias, common among actors, like Pennyworth's "Alfred Beagle". He resents the rich and powerful ("And then you look at all this privileged jerks, these doctors and lawyers and millionaires and their trophy wives... "). Since Mayhew is in seclusion and nowhere to be found, Chill goes after the Waynes to have his revenge. He kills Thomas and Martha, but lacks the guts to do young Bruce ("I shoulda shot the kid right there -- Three for three - But he was like my own boy. The son I lost. ")

He says "3 for 3", not "3 in 3"; "3 for 3": Thomas, Martha and Bruce for Marsha, his son "Simon" and himself.

Circa 15 years ago. Joe Chill, formerly known as "Mangrove Pierce", is now a mid-ranking crime boss, having built a legitimate front, the "Land, Sea, Air Transport Company". Batman haunts him for a whole month until he breaks in despair and kills himself. Somewhere down the line, Simon Hurt learns everything about his past, including the fact Batman lead his real father to commit suicide. And from who does he learn it? From the Black Glove. Simon Hurt is his bet on Evil; Bruce Wayne is his bet on Good. But who is the Black Glove? Simon Hurt is now resentful of the rich and powerful, just like his father before him.

15 to 10 years ago. Dr.Simon Hurt is a psychologist for the army and does a deep research on the Batman. He learns everything he can about him and everything else FROM him, through the 10-day isolation chamber experiment. He creates the 3 replacement Batmen and plants hypnotic trigger words on all 3 of them and in Batman as well (Zur-En-Arrh). He now knows Batman as no one else.

Some months ago. Batman goes through the Thorgal ritual in Nanda Parbat to purge himself from the demons, only to find out later those demons were the only thing putting him together. He enters the temple in Nanda Parbat to reintegrate the demons again. He returns to Gotham fully reinvigorated and puts an end to all crime in Gotham. That's when things start to happen: the 3 replacement Batmen reemerge; Batman remembers the Black Casebook and the Isolation Chamber experiment; John Mayhew returns; Dr.Hurt returns.

I remember much of this from throughout Morrison's run. But it's helpful to see it all compiled together.

So are we sure that Simon Hurt is the son of Joe Chill? And, if so, why does he look like Thomas Wayne?

You think Hush gave him one of the same plastic surgery dealies he gave himself in Heart of Hush?
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Thomas wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Or something.

And in Superman/Batman he was placed in a healing chamber by Orion's wife that healed all of his scars and past injuries.

Most of that book isn't in continuity is it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Batman R.I.P #681 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batman R.I.P #681   Batman R.I.P #681 Empty

Back to top Go down

Batman R.I.P #681
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next