the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AVENGERS

Go down 
+22
Gabe_Gray
PeteWisdom
minimalist
howie024m
GoZ
Figga
DanElectro
GreatWhiteNinja
shazam!
Liquid Sword
VashtheStampede
Leachcraft
NoLuv4Hoes
bayani
Thomas
CaptainJoel
Shaun
TJ
Mr.Wholesome
True Believer
Tim Radd
Shadowrenderer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:35 pm

I love JRJR
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:42 pm

shazam! wrote:
I love JRJR

And Dan loves Rob Liefeld...Nobody's perfect...

...I kid, I kid...
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:46 pm

Frazetta's like the opposite of Wilche Portacio.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 pm

True Believer wrote:
Frazetta's like the opposite of Wilche Portacio.

Yeah that sucks...I loved the original Wetworks stuff...
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
I really want to be excited for this new Avengers book, but Bendis as the writer, and JRJR's new rushed style of art isn't too appealing. On top of the fact that this will probably lead into another event that will most likely effect other titles. I wish Marvel would let writers have a little time to scribe stories that aren't apart of a larger theme.

Plus titles that don't fit the mold like Captain Britain and Iron Fist are canceled.

THIS ^^^^

But why's everyone knocking ALL of JRjr's work. His new style is horrible. But his earlier work was great and resembled a lot of the other greats at the time. People should look past the 90's to see his whole body of work.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Why? Because an artist is supposed to get better over time not worse.

You're right...but you're WRONG!

Artists do get better over time...in the beginning. But typically a commercial or comic book artist will start to get worse after MANY years. Look at JRsr and countless others who don't have the skills they had before because they're just too old. This ofcourse doesn't really apply to JRjr since he's not old but he just got too caught up in finding himself or trying to be unique after the whole 90's influence on the art form. As far as I'm concerned, he LOST himself instead and is now drawing every character with clothes that are several sizes too big on them and wrinkled and dirty from like it was just pulled out of a hamper

I just think his characters look like cavemen...Blocky cavemen...

Chaykin is an example of artists getting worse over time...Some of his old stuff actually looks pretty cool...

Now Frazetta...That man just got better with age...Some years ago, he had a stroke (the man had something like seven all close together) and lost a lot of feeling and movement in his right hand...So what did the 80 something year old Frazetta do? Well he taught himself how to draw with his left hand...Not only that, but the stuff he did with his left hand was even better than the stuff he did with his right...That's just bad ass...

Interesting story about Frazetta. I didn't know that. But he's in a league of his own in my opinion.

Chaykin is a perfect example. I also think others like Grell are getting there as well. Some artists who I've never really liked like Larsen (Dan will prob disagree) are just doing a half ass job now on. Bags is getting sloppy but that isn't really an example of what an artist getting worse after MANY years but rather an artist that's just very prolific and cranking it out. Also, I remember looking at older Sal Buscema work (70's) and really liking it and then seeing his work in the mid/late 80's which was really scratchy and careless and just plain bad.

It appears that many CB artists in the 70's and early 80's were all trying to work up to a certain classic standard (perhaps Kirby). Artists like John Byrne were really phenomenal then. FMiller's work even looked like much of the other artists' then as well. And that consistency and conformity to a particular "classic" standard is what made much of the art work look good. On the other hand, at the time, artists didn't really stand out as STAR artists because of a particularly different or unusual style they had but simply because they were the best at making the characters look as perfect as possible. Even Mignola looked completely different then then the style he's known for now. From what I remember, there were a few that stood out for being original like Bill Sienkiewicz but those were usually exceptions and they didn't necessarily help sell the most amount of books.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:08 pm

As a follow up, a lot of the older artists that worked for the big 2 in the 70s and 80s that are still great but don't necessarily have an idiosyncratic style are simply getting very little if any work these days. A perfect example is Bob Hall. The man drew the West Coast Avengers and is now hardly doing anything significant at all. He occasionally draws a KISS comic or two but... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:21 pm

I like JR Jr. But he does seem to have gotten worse. Not that I've seen much of his stuff since Spidey.

If Bendis was off Avengers I might be interested. & if there was some clause that said no big events for at least a year...
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I like JR Jr. But he does seem to have gotten worse. Not that I've seen much of his stuff since Spidey.

If Bendis was off Avengers I might be interested. & if there was some clause that said no big events for at least a year...

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:

There's a rumor going around that when Bendis is done with Avengers, that Geoff Johns will be coming aboard...Keep in mind, it's just a rumor but it's interesting...
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

There's a rumor going around that when Bendis is done with Avengers, that Geoff Johns will be coming aboard...Keep in mind, it's just a rumor but it's interesting...

Epic!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Highly highly doubt that.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Awesome I sparked a debate. *eeeeeexxxxxcccccellent*

Anyway, I agree with DanE, obviously since he understood what I meant. JRjr has an awesome style when he's not trying to do a bunch of titles at one time. When he takes his time, there really is a method to his blocky style.

Bendis on the other hand, is making Avengers stale. Why has been allowed to stay on the book(s) for so long?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:16 pm

In my opinion Bendis should only be on Ult. Spider-man or DareDevil because that's where he's the best. I'm so sick of his portrayals of the Avengers.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 11:23 pm

shazam! wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

It's really not that far fetched.

1. Johns shares an art studio with Loeb. Maybe not a huge deal, but that's spending time daily around someone who is in deep over at Marvel. 2. Bendis and Johns are friends. This happened a couple of years ago when they met at some convention or something. Since then, the two have hosted a few things together and even had a joint interview at some cons. Now those guys are always doing shit together. 3. Johns has talked about books he'd love to work on and Avengers was the number one off the Marvel list. 4. Johns has done or is doing just about everything he's ever wanted to do at DC. 4b. Johns' DC contract is close to expiring. 5. Marvel would pay him pretty much whatever the hell he wanted and let him have whatever project he wanted.

Now, while this is a complete rumor, I don't think it's that hard to believe...
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:04 am

Leachcraft wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

It's really not that far fetched.

1. Johns shares an art studio with Loeb. Maybe not a huge deal, but that's spending time daily around someone who is in deep over at Marvel. 2. Bendis and Johns are friends. This happened a couple of years ago when they met at some convention or something. Since then, the two have hosted a few things together and even had a joint interview at some cons. Now those guys are always doing shit together. 3. Johns has talked about books he'd love to work on and Avengers was the number one off the Marvel list. 4. Johns has done or is doing just about everything he's ever wanted to do at DC. 4b. Johns' DC contract is close to expiring. 5. Marvel would pay him pretty much whatever the hell he wanted and let him have whatever project he wanted.

Now, while this is a complete rumor, I don't think it's that hard to believe...

naw guy thats complete bullshit Bendis isnt going anywhere for a long time AND im gonna site an actual source of legit info Wizard #218 (yeah yeah Wizard sucks/is biased/is gay whatever im not against it cuz i need read when i poop and in the army u get stuck on alot of duties that involve staying up for 24 hour straight sometimes just posted up at a fucking desk waiting for shit to go down so u READ ALOT) Bendis ends his interview saying (and im bout to type this word for word fyi) " Well I'm under contract for quite a while longer and I'm enjoying it immensely. Just the other day we had the first Avengers creative committee movie meeting, and that was a blast. So my plans are long and forth coming."

idk how i feel about that but it what it is also about crossovers he said this earlier in the self same interview when asked if there was another big event to prep for in 2010 "If all is to be believed-and I dont have much control over it- this is the end of the event cycle as far as big crossover events go. i think its gonna change into self contained things a lot more like "World War Hulk" "

so there ya go he aint going nowhere but he aint muckin up shit for the sake of a "big story" either so hopefully this "heroic age" should balance out to be pretty good
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:37 am

I read an interview last year where Johns said he really wanted to write Avengers again. When that'll happen idk, I really hope he stays with GL. But he'd be great for Avengers.

I like Bendis on Ult. Spidey, his writing suits that kinda book. I don't think he does the big stories very well. He did get his start on indy books, I think that's more his level.

Having said that, I did just read House of M. That was pretty cool...

As for JRjr, I agree that he's better when he's not rushed. But then who isn't?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:09 pm

Not much of a surprise, really...

AVENGERS - Page 3 17868_286431462487_6883542487_3327579_7833038_n
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Figga wrote:

I'm predicting Thor to be a member in this new Avengers line up... Pirate
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:02 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Figga wrote:

Captain America, Thor and Iron man are already confirmed as the 3 central members of the avengers during siege and afterwards. "reuniting the big 3" is pretty much one of the main themes of the "new" new avengers book after siege is over.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 6:40 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Figga wrote:

Captain America, Thor and Iron man are already confirmed as the 3 central members of the avengers during siege and afterwards. "reuniting the big 3" is pretty much one of the main themes of the "new" new avengers book after siege is over.

Um yeah....That's kind of the point...You tend to take things way too seriously..
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Figga wrote:

Um yeah....That's kind of the point...You tend to take things way too seriously..

Rolling Eyes dude all i did was tell u what was up, its old news and since u were "predicting" so clearly u werent already aware of whats already been confirmed. and how was what u said making any kinda point about how seriously i do or do not take things? just curious
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:05 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Figga wrote:

Rolling Eyes dude all i did was tell u what was up, its old news and since u were "predicting" so clearly u werent already aware of whats already been confirmed. and how was what u said making any kinda point about how seriously i do or do not take things? just curious

Facepalm 2
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Travis, I think people would understand you more often if you threw some yellow in there. This is like what, the second or third time that people've misunderstood what you were trying to get across?
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:05 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Travis, I think people would understand you more often if you threw some yellow in there. This is like what, the second or third time that people've misunderstood what you were trying to get across?

Consider it done...

drink!
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Consider it done...

drink!

high five
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS   AVENGERS - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

AVENGERS
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next