the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DETECTIVE COMICS #27

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

DETECTIVE COMICS #27 Empty
PostSubject: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 5:17 am

Just the Batman story.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 8:22 pm

No comment from the 14 of you who've checked out this thread? hmm?
Back to top Go down
Aycock
The Omega
The Omega
Aycock

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:39 pm

I was going to comment...... but I didn't. It's is quite interesting. This was alot better than I thought it would be. Most old comics like this suck but this is a pretty dark start for the greatest character ever. When did it start to get campy (before it got dark again)?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:48 pm

How did this character go anywhere looking that goofy to start with?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 9:58 pm

Aycock wrote:
I was going to comment...... but I didn't. It's is quite interesting. This was alot better than I thought it would be. Most old comics like this suck but this is a pretty dark start for the greatest character ever. When did it start to get campy (before it got dark again)?

Look no further than Dr. Fredric Wertham and the freaking Silver Age. Alot of the golden age stories were pretty dark, though they did get little lighter when Robin was introduced.

And few people realize just how fruity that first costume was.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2008 10:15 pm

Aycock wrote:

He got into camping when the TV show came out.

When that ended they were at a loss as where to go, until Neil adams & a few others took him back to his roots.

THANK YOU NEIL ADAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 2:01 am

I notice the way you draw Batman, is reminiscent of the original version, Dan. With the shorter ears, more towards the back of the cowl...
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 10:19 am

I think the ears on the original cowl were intended to be on the sides.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 8:49 pm

GoZ wrote:
I notice the way you draw Batman, is reminiscent of the original version, Dan. With the shorter ears, more towards the back of the cowl...

really? I sometimes draw long ears, like Kelley Jones. Still deciding which I like better.
Back to top Go down
Aycock
The Omega
The Omega
Aycock

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 9:32 pm

True Believer wrote:
I think the ears on the original cowl were intended to be on the sides.
I like that design. Drakes character should have ears on the side. I wish I had ears on the sid....... oooooh yeah. Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DETECTIVE COMICS #27   DETECTIVE COMICS #27 Empty

Back to top Go down

DETECTIVE COMICS #27
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: OQL-
Jump to: