the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Azrael Returns?

Go down 
+11
TJ
GoZ
Hedinnweis
Thomas
Martin
Sink
DanElectro
CaptainJoel
REEF aka Luke Cage
Shaun
True Believer
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Will Azrael return?
Fuck no!
Azrael Returns? Thvotebarleft14%Azrael Returns? Thvotebarright
 14% [ 2 ]
Fuck yeah!
Azrael Returns? Thvotebarleft86%Azrael Returns? Thvotebarright
 86% [ 12 ]
Who's Azrael?
Azrael Returns? Thvotebarleft0%Azrael Returns? Thvotebarright
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:55 am

I mean, no body recovered? Those "subtle" clues in Booster Gold? Plus, Bruce Wayne will, possibly, be relinquishing the mantle of Batman soon.

Theories here.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:18 pm

I think it'd be pretty cool if he came back, I just hope he doesnt have those fire swords
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Male Age : 37

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 12:22 pm

that would be smurferiffic!!!!

oh wait....wrong Azreal
Back to top Go down

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Angels, or devils form Hell always rub me the wrong way... that didn't come out right. I think religion-based mythological creatures should all be verbotten.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 3:36 pm

I want it.

Bad.

Also, I think it will be that he comes back, the taking up of the bat-mantle I'm not so sure of... but I can hope.

I think he'll come back and get his own city or return to Gotham to help out.
Back to top Go down

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:11 pm

Jim! wrote:
Angels, or devils form Hell always rub me the wrong way... that didn't come out right. I think religion-based mythological creatures should all be verbotten.

My bad i was thinking Zauriel, not Azreal. Eh, I can do with out him and his crazy programming - he added nothing except to prove only Bruce should be Batman and afterwards, maybe Dick.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 pm

REEF aka Luke Cage wrote:

oh wait....wrong Azreal

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just about to post about the same thing when I saw this thread!
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:23 pm

Jim! wrote:

Verboten in comic books completely? Why?
Back to top Go down
Sink
The Omega
The Omega
Sink

Male Age : 42

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:25 pm

The only Batman comics I own are from Bruce Wayne getting his ass beat by Bane on. I liked the Azrael stuff, the shit he pulled on Robin was the best. I never did like Robin...
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Sink wrote:
The only Batman comics I own are from Bruce Wayne getting his ass beat by Bane on. I liked the Azrael stuff, the shit he pulled on Robin was the best. I never did like Robin...
I heard he was a real Dick!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:34 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Sink wrote:
I heard he was a real Dick!

I'm being generous, here, but:

Back to top Go down

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:42 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Even as I wrote this, I'm thinking, well I like Hellboy and the Spectre, but I hate Ghost Rider. As soon as you have a Zuriel in the flesh, so to speak, then his power can be quantified. And once its measurable then it can compared to others and you get the quesiton is he stronger than Superman, or Superman Prime? And if he isn't then for me the next logical question is superman-prime stronger than God, how about Galactus or Eternity or Death and that for me lessens God. Which is funny because I'm an athiest, but I don't want my heroes literally wrestling with the Devil. They exist in their own genre and they should stay there. For the same reason, I don't like superhero stories that involve Dracula or Godzilla, or King Kong. There was an awful Star Trek/ X-men crossover that added nothing to either mythos and cheapened both. I don't want to see Iron man fighting orcs in Middle Earth, or Harry Potter squaring off with Zatanna. I don't think everything should mix and match.
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 5:47 pm

DanElectro wrote:
REEF aka Luke Cage wrote:

oh wait....wrong Azreal

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just about to post about the same thing when I saw this thread!

ahahahahaha

he WILL return!!!!!

Azrael Returns? Azrael
Back to top Go down
Martin
Youngling
Youngling
Martin

Male Age : 32

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 6:55 pm

he could return because of the batman rip storyline
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 8:38 pm

Jim! wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Jim! wrote:

Even as I wrote this, I'm thinking, well I like Hellboy and the Spectre, but I hate Ghost Rider. As soon as you have a Zuriel in the flesh, so to speak, then his power can be quantified. And once its measurable then it can compared to others and you get the quesiton is he stronger than Superman, or Superman Prime? And if he isn't then for me the next logical question is superman-prime stronger than God, how about Galactus or Eternity or Death and that for me lessens God. Which is funny because I'm an athiest, but I don't want my heroes literally wrestling with the Devil. They exist in their own genre and they should stay there. For the same reason, I don't like superhero stories that involve Dracula or Godzilla, or King Kong. There was an awful Star Trek/ X-men crossover that added nothing to either mythos and cheapened both. I don't want to see Iron man fighting orcs in Middle Earth, or Harry Potter squaring off with Zatanna. I don't think everything should mix and match.

I definitely agree with you about the intercompany cross-overs. They're usually very badly done and the result is that they end up making light of both universes.

I see your point about religious characters and I can see how someone who's very religious may even be offended. Ofcourse someone with a non Judeo Christian background may be offended simply because they can't relate. But I think that most comic book fans are alright since the tradition, including films, has always been to stick to popular western beliefs.

But as far as there being a dilemma when real religious icons are included in comics, I don't think in the end there is much of a concern at least with respect to the Marvel Universe. It's been made clear that the comic book equivalent of G-d is the One Above All who is beyond any character's level of power.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 10:06 pm

I just hope they use this costume.
Azrael Returns? 06118782912.49

Even this one I kind of liked.
Azrael Returns? 06118782912.62

But not this one, I hated this one.
Azrael Returns? 06118782912.85
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Are you kidding me? Those first two costumes sucked. The third one is pretty lame but it's the only one that doesn't make me want to punch a rabbi.
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 10:38 pm

Huh. I like all three of them.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyWed Jul 30, 2008 11:51 pm

True Believer wrote:
Are you kidding me? Those first two costumes sucked. The third one is pretty lame but it's the only one that doesn't make me want to punch a rabbi.

oi vey?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:14 am

I think his first suit was the best of all.

If they could take the first suit and give it a little silver/black/purple it would be a little better in my thoughts, though.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:21 am

I think if they took the second suit, lost the armor and cape, change the mask, and simplify the design, like Nightwing...it wouldn't be too bad....
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 am

I acutally like the first design but....eh whatever ya know?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 am

TJ wrote:

I like the colour scheme of the first. But I would make some changes.

I also like the character as a religious guy. He's clearly got issues & showing a weird cult that's sudo-catholic is interesting if a little worrying.

as for Zaurial I didn't like him. As a Christian I didn't feel he truelly represented what Christians believe. Obviulsy any time you write a character who believes soething dif than yourself there will be conflict, but Morrison never captured the right feel for him imo.

Any character that claims to represent or the writer claims they represent a certain view point really needs to know what they're talking about. Most religious characters, I find, are not good representations of said belief.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 am

also

the flaming swards are cool!
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 2:26 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
TJ wrote:

I like the colour scheme of the first. But I would make some changes.

I also like the character as a religious guy. He's clearly got issues & showing a weird cult that's sudo-catholic is interesting if a little worrying.

as for Zaurial I didn't like him. As a Christian I didn't feel he truelly represented what Christians believe. Obviulsy any time you write a character who believes soething dif than yourself there will be conflict, but Morrison never captured the right feel for him imo.

Any character that claims to represent or the writer claims they represent a certain view point really needs to know what they're talking about. Most religious characters, I find, are not good representations of said belief.

Like Helena Bertenelli? But than again.......she's always been a conflicted character with her beliefs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Azrael Returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Azrael Returns?   Azrael Returns? Empty

Back to top Go down

Azrael Returns?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next