the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel VS DC: All Media

Go down 
+12
Mr.Wholesome
Raziel
NoLuv4Hoes
Sink
Liquid Sword
JoeZarro
GreatWhiteNinja
Tim Radd
osirus12002
markrocks
CaptainJoel
True Believer
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Marvel VS DC: All Media Empty
PostSubject: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 1:52 pm

I know we've had Marvel vs DC debates before that have gone . . . Eh.

But which is doing better . . .

In Comics: DC. They've actually made their universe more accessible to new fans while only kind of pissing off longtime fanboys, embraced digital comics more than most publishers (certainly more than their only serious competition), actually beat Marvel in unit sales, and are still holding the line at 2.99. Of course that's just the business side. I can't speak on quality because I haven't really read any recent Marvel comics aside from Amazing and Ultimate Spider-Man.

In Movies: Marvel. Last year DC had Green Lantern. It wasn't good. Marvel had Captain America, Thor, and X-Men: First Class. I mean yeah, we all love Nolan and I'm sure Dark Knight Rises will be amazing, action packed, emotionally resonant, and genre defying. But Marvel still has Skrulls, Joss Whedon, Emma Stone, Spidey, and oh yeah the FUCKING AVENGERS! So, Marvel.

On Live Action TV: Are there even any live action superhero/comic book series anymore? I hope not, I hate them. I should probably give it DC for keeping Smallville alive beyond the point that anyone wanted it. But it also did an embarrassing Wonder Woman pilot . . . I'm excited for a Jessica Jones Alias series but we all know the won't happen, soo . . . SKYBOUND STEALS IT WITH THE WALKING DEAD. Yeah you saw it coming, I bet.

On Animated TV: DC has always dominated animation. They've had this category sewn up since Batman: TAS. And while Young Justice is no slouch, with Ultimate Spider-Man coming up and and the Avengers cartoon not being awful (from what I've heard, the pilot didn't grab me) that may change soon. Still, I haven't seen either of those, yet and Young Justice kicks ass, so DC it is!

In everything Else: Clothes! Toys! Various and sundry bits of merchandising! I don't buy that shit so you tell me.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:12 pm

Everything else is definitely DC. Their clothes, toys, and everything else just seem to be more well made than most of Marvel's stuff by a long shot.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:33 pm

APPERAL. goes to DC. man, i have like 6 superman and 3 batman shirts. DC has so many classic logos that its natural for it to be on a tee shirt.
marvel puts characters on their shirts. they should just make a shit load of spidey stuff that just has the different spiders on them. i know they did a lot of them lately with dr. strange and the phoenix but Dc still has more.

for now marvel has better toys as well.

Back to top Go down
osirus12002
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
osirus12002

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:12 pm

I'm a Big DC fan even if they don't put my favorite Characters into other media Correctly (Constantine) or at all (Any other Vertigo or Wildstorm Comic) But, the few movies they make, (exception Superman Returns) is always Gold compared to Marvel that seems like they're just trying to monopolize the Movie industry by sheer number more than quality.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:30 pm

Why don't you rock comic book shirts, Chocolate?
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Because he is a bitch
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Tim Radd wrote:

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Because he is a bitch

Several other reasons, too. Usually I find comic book t-shirts too "busy." I like t-shirts with a minimalist (shut up) design and no more than 2 colors. I could rock some of the "Lantern" t-shirts but I'm not fond of Green. A black Lantern t-shirt would be tight, though.

And I do need more t-shirts to wear with vests . . .
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:10 pm

True Believer wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Because he is a bitch

Several other reasons, too. Usually I find comic book t-shirts too "busy." I like t-shirts with a minimalist (shut up) design and no more than 2 colors. I could rock some of the "Lantern" t-shirts but I'm not fond of Green. A black Lantern t-shirt would be tight, though.

And I do need more t-shirts to wear with vests . . .
Correction. Hipster bitch.
Back to top Go down
JoeZarro
Youngling
Youngling
JoeZarro

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 6:39 pm

I find that DC does a better job at getting their clothes more into the eyes of the consumer. They have a lot of stuff that is widely available. You can buy Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, and Flash emblem shirts at Kohl's for christ-sakes.

However, I tend to like my Marvel shirts better. They tend to have better designs overall in my opinion. So I guess DC wins in the clothing department for market presence, but I think Marvel's gear is better looking. Plus, Marvel has been known to team up or lend out character rights to dope designers, which raises the overall retard rating of their characters.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:16 pm

I disagree that DC is embracing digital comics more than Marvel. They what, just got that running this past year?

Marvel has had some form of digital comics for the past five years.

I think DC will still dominate the animated TV category, especially with that new Saturday morning block.

As far as comic quality they're more or less the same. I might give the edge to Marvel.
DC is cancelling 5 books, that flat out sucked. And for some reason are going to put Leifield on 2 or 3 books that didn't totally suck, but definitely will once his illustrated issues are released.

As far as movies, if all goes well. Comic fans are the ones who win.
Back to top Go down
Sink
The Omega
The Omega
Sink

Male Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Dunno if it's been mentioned...but there's supposed to be a Booster Gold and Green Arrow live action TV shows coming out.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:33 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
I disagree that DC is embracing digital comics more than Marvel. They what, just got that running this past year?

Marvel has had some form of digital comics for the past five years.

I think DC will still dominate the animated TV category, especially with that new Saturday morning block.

As far as comic quality they're more or less the same. I might give the edge to Marvel.
DC is cancelling 5 books, that flat out sucked. And for some reason are going to put Leifield on 2 or 3 books that didn't totally suck, but definitely will once his illustrated issues are released.

As far as movies, if all goes well. Comic fans are the ones who win.

Yeah, I've seen Marvel's online comics. It's actually how I got into Ultimate Spider-Man way back in the day. But truth is it sucked. And probably still sucks. The design and interface were awkward and bad and they only ever had really old shit for free (and it was the same shit forever) and somewhat newer shit if you paid for the subscription service, but never day of releases. Do they even have day of releases now?

DC does day of release for all their ongoings, plus DC has a comixology app which is awesome for tablets. Which really are where the future of comics are headed.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:40 pm

what about video games? i think overall Marvel might take that but with the massive reaction to games like Arkham Asylum and Arkham City DC has hope they just need to stop making shitty Superman games and shit lol
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
what about video games? i think overall Marvel might take that but with the massive reaction to games like Arkham Asylum and Arkham City DC has hope they just need to stop making shitty Superman games and shit lol

Totally forgot vidya games.

The only DC game I really had extensive experience with last year was Arkham City which was, as I'm sure millions before me have said, an amazing fucking video game. And DCUO which what I played of seemed fun even if it was super laggy on my computer.

While Marvel I only had some casual experience with Marvel vs Capcom 3 from playing it at work. It's a sweet fighting games. The appeal is mostly the variety of characters and their unique combos which are cool, but there's nothing particularly innovative about making a fighting game on the street fighter engine.
Back to top Go down
Sink
The Omega
The Omega
Sink

Male Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 7:57 pm

They both have good games and mostly shitty ones, usually.

Arkham City was, hands down, the winner...but the Spider-man games shouldn't be scoffed at. I really liked Shattered Dimensions, although the newest one is lame...I hear.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Sink wrote:
They both have good games and mostly shitty ones, usually.

Arkham City was, hands down, the winner...but the Spider-man games shouldn't be scoffed at. I really liked Shattered Dimensions, although the newest one is lame...I hear.

marvel has a better history of games all around tho i feel like while Arkham City is like King Shit of comic games for now thats only 2 Batman games and DCUO (which i dont count as a real success i think DC broke even on that one but thats my opinion) in the last couple years

while marvel on the other hand has been making sick games for quite some time now, hell even the X-Men arcade game from way back when with Dazzler and all that SHITS all over the DC games of the time. Besides that lets name off some of the other hits marvel's released- Spider-Man 2 the movie game was beyond awesome, Ult. Spidey did well too, X-Men Legends 1 AND 2 both were awesome and Marvel Ultimate Alliance was big too the sequel i felt didnt have as big an impact but still made a good showing, and theres the newer Spidey games like S!nk mentioned so yeah i think at the end of the day Marvel wins this round

and really its for idk lack of effort on DC's part really because (and maybe its just me) but it just seems like DC is just lazy as fuck for the most part in this area and i really hope the success of both Arkhams make them wake the fuck up and put some legit games
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Global
Global
Raziel

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 8:42 pm

DC's animated movies have been top-notch.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:08 pm

True Believer. i am confused by your sig.
are you calling us dicks or do you like them?

Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 9:22 pm

markrocks wrote:

Y'know at first I just thought it was funny. But he is pointing down and I like the idea of calling the people who post after me dicks.

So, the former.

Missed Animated movies too! Pretty much a DC Flawless Victory. They don't think what western comic books fans want in their comic book movies is more anime.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:26 pm

True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

Y'know at first I just thought it was funny. But he is pointing down and I like the idea of calling the people who post after me dicks.

So, the former.

Missed Animated movies too! Pretty much a DC Flawless Victory. They don't think what western comic books fans want in their comic book movies is more anime.

^this^

Im not knocking the Marvel Anime stuff cuz to my understanding some of em are actually legit like X-Men and I've seen bits and pieces of Wolverine and what I've seen was actually kinda hardcore lol but still fuckin a can we get a Kree/Skrull war dvd or Infinity Gauntlet movie or Guardian of the Galaxy or ANYTHING from the actual storylines we know and are already anxious to see made into another medium
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

So, the former.

^this^

Im not knocking the Marvel Anime stuff cuz to my understanding some of em are actually legit like X-Men and I've seen bits and pieces of Wolverine and what I've seen was actually kinda hardcore lol but still fuckin a can we get a Kree/Skrull war dvd or Infinity Gauntlet movie or Guardian of the Galaxy or ANYTHING from the actual storylines we know and are already anxious to see made into another medium

Planet Hulk kicked some ass.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Marvel has an app for comics too. idk if it's only available on iOS or whatever tho...

Also, Avengers: EMH is awesome. I think you need to give it a couple of episodes to really get into it.

DC really do need to do better with live action movies... I kinda likes GL, but it wasn't nearly as good as it should have been. Obviously Nolan Batman is great. But Iron Man, Thor, X-Men & Spidey movies have been mostly good. There's a big difference in quantity of movies there... Granted X & Spidey movies are a different studio & therefore Marvel kinda have a bigger window for quantity of movies, but still...

As for apparel, I agree DC is winning there, too. I have 1 Spidey T & like 4 Batman T as well as several other things...

I think if Marvel had continued with the larger action figures they'd win there, but the small figgas are really small & kind of expensive... DC's small figs are much cheaper.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Marvel has an app for comics too. idk if it's only available on iOS or whatever tho...

Yeah but are they doing day of releases for any of them? DC does day of release for their whole line, if they do the same I'd be impressed.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:55 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

So, the former.

^this^

Planet Hulk kicked some ass.

Planet Hulk was def awesome and i dug the Hulk VS movies too but idk i just feel like Marvel could be putting out way more stuff like Planet Hulk based on actual stories from the book Ultimate Avengers wasn't half bad either but again few and far between while DC has been steadily pumping out gold in this medium. Idk i'd just like to see them a bit more competitive here like DC should be with games
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 11:12 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

Yeah but are they doing day of releases for any of them? DC does day of release for their whole line, if they do the same I'd be impressed.

OK, I thought your point was DC had an app. Maybe I read it wrong...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel VS DC: All Media
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next