the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've been curious.

Go down 
+16
bayani
GreatWhiteNinja
DanElectro
howie024m
CaptainJoel
True Believer
Shaun
NoLuv4Hoes
Figga
Mr.Wholesome
shazam!
Liquid Sword
Thomas
Aycock
GoZ
TJ
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

I've been curious. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 1:55 am

Completly irrelevant to the current topic at hand.

Just posting this so I can be the 100th post in this thread.

And to read the free comics.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 4:02 am

Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Brother Voodoo has been lurking around the Marvel Universe for years...He wasn't really dug up at all...Besides them renaming him Doctor Voodoo, I like Brother Voodoo and I know quite a few people (at Marvel) have been wanting to give him a larger part in the Marvel U. Personally, I think his redesign and book are pretty bad ass....He's way more interesting to me than Dr. Strange.

the keyword there was LURKING I.E. he hasn't been prominent since his inception and even thats debatable. yeah yeah the character's alot more popular now, but im not bashing the character. i was just being a smart ass.

but now that were on the topic if i did have a problem w/ him its that a. ok hes interesting to more people now, thats nothing that couldnt of been done w/ doctor strange if they hadnt let bendis skull fuck his reputation and capability. and b. it really gets me when mofos bandwagon ride on a previous character it would of been a hellworthy trespass in the nerd forest not too long ago to say he was the shit. Doctor Voodoo, Daken, Stephanie Brown just recent examples not saying its you Leachcraft cuz tbh it could be but i dont pay u much attention (nothing personal just dont).ya know fuck it.... i'd even go so far as to say the "yes well i am very well informed" cheese n wine expertness of ur post would suggest that ya probably are, seeing as how i just made a comment about the name and ur trying to give me a crash course on the character (who i already know a pretty good deal about) kinda douche baggy not gonna lie.

UNNECESSARY AND TOTALLY UNRELATED PLUS IT'S CLEAR I WAS KIDDIN WTF PPL

this rant was brought to you by OB Blue, cuz not all korean beer sucks est. 1933, the letter K, the number 666 and the color....

Spoiler:

That was a very entertaining read, NoLuv

Brother Voodoo was an interesting character...in the 70's and I still like the original character design and name despite the slightly racist undertones, or for the time blaxploitative (is that a word, Thomas?) concept. BUT, and, Travis, I'm a bit pissed at you..."he's way more interesting that Dr. Strange?!?!?!?!?!?" WTF!?!?!?!?!?! Blasphemer!!!!!!! clap clap clap clap

No, seriously...all it'll take to make Dr. Strange even coooooler than he is now is to get someone good like Ellis or Moore to write him. YOU KNOW THIS!!!!

I like Dr. Strange...I just hate how he's been written...I'd love Grant Morrison writing Dr. Strange...

Morrison would pwn everything written about dr strange in the last quarter decade at least, brian k, vaughan's the oath is pretty much the only decent thing i can recall him starring in that really nailed it and that was a long time ago. or at least long enough i dont remember when it came out lol
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:26 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Brother Voodoo has been lurking around the Marvel Universe for years...He wasn't really dug up at all...Besides them renaming him Doctor Voodoo, I like Brother Voodoo and I know quite a few people (at Marvel) have been wanting to give him a larger part in the Marvel U. Personally, I think his redesign and book are pretty bad ass....He's way more interesting to me than Dr. Strange.

the keyword there was LURKING I.E. he hasn't been prominent since his inception and even thats debatable. yeah yeah the character's alot more popular now, but im not bashing the character. i was just being a smart ass.

but now that were on the topic if i did have a problem w/ him its that a. ok hes interesting to more people now, thats nothing that couldnt of been done w/ doctor strange if they hadnt let bendis skull fuck his reputation and capability. and b. it really gets me when mofos bandwagon ride on a previous character it would of been a hellworthy trespass in the nerd forest not too long ago to say he was the shit. Doctor Voodoo, Daken, Stephanie Brown just recent examples not saying its you Leachcraft cuz tbh it could be but i dont pay u much attention (nothing personal just dont).ya know fuck it.... i'd even go so far as to say the "yes well i am very well informed" cheese n wine expertness of ur post would suggest that ya probably are, seeing as how i just made a comment about the name and ur trying to give me a crash course on the character (who i already know a pretty good deal about) kinda douche baggy not gonna lie.

this rant was brought to you by OB Blue, cuz not all korean beer sucks est. 1933, the letter K, the number 666 and the color....

Spoiler:

Brother Voodoo was an interesting character...in the 70's and I still like the original character design and name despite the slightly racist undertones, or for the time blaxploitative (is that a word, Thomas?) concept. BUT, and, Travis, I'm a bit pissed at you..."he's way more interesting that Dr. Strange?!?!?!?!?!?" WTF!?!?!?!?!?! Blasphemer!!!!!!! clap clap clap clap

No, seriously...all it'll take to make Dr. Strange even coooooler than he is now is to get someone good like Ellis or Moore to write him. YOU KNOW THIS!!!!

I like Dr. Strange...I just hate how he's been written...I'd love Grant Morrison writing Dr. Strange...

Morrison would pwn everything written about dr strange in the last quarter decade at least, brian k, vaughan's the oath is pretty much the only decent thing i can recall him starring in that really nailed it and that was a long time ago. or at least long enough i dont remember when it came out lol

Don't know about Morrison especially Moore, in my opinion, could write some really incredible stories for the character for obvious reasons. But you're right about BKV ...it was the most memorable and best arc written for Strange in the last decade. I really enjoyed the Oath.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 10:20 am

DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Spoiler:

Don't know about Morrison especially Moore, in my opinion, could write some really incredible stories for the character for obvious reasons. But you're right about BKV ...it was the most memorable and best arc written for Strange in the last decade. I really enjoyed the Oath.

well look at how well he's blending grittyness and all the insanity along w/ the colorful pretty much corniness of the Adam west batman in the current book. that approach would lend itself well to Doctor Strange he'd just have to dial it up a notch since itd be about demons and hell dimensions instead of psychotics in colorful outfits
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 9:15 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

Spoiler:

I was reading some Doctor Strange books from the early 80's a few years back and I kept thinking why can't they write him this good anymore.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 pm

cuz no one really tries anymore i dont get it either
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:36 am

They do... just with other characters. So it has something to do with Marvel's current agenda and the fact that the people running the "creative retreats" are simultaneously letting the good characters get cast aside while the D level has a field day for YEARS!!!!

FTS!!! Angry Angry

I'm looking at you BendisI've been curious. - Page 5 2wn1nq8
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 am

DanElectro wrote:
They do... just with other characters. So it has something to do with Marvel's current agenda and the fact that the people running the "creative retreats" are simultaneously letting the good characters get cast aside while the D level has a field day for YEARS!!!!

FTS!!! Angry Angry

thats my point yeah they care but not about the good doctor, and for once i dont blame this entirely on bendis (his terrible portrayal of strange? oh yeah i blame him tons for that but still) theres many many talented writers Marvel has sitting on their hands or loaded up on some bullshit
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 12:29 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FTS!!! Angry Angry

thats my point yeah they care but not about the good doctor, and for once i dont blame this entirely on bendis (his terrible portrayal of strange? oh yeah i blame him tons for that but still) theres many many talented writers Marvel has sitting on their hands or loaded up on some bullshit

I think one of the reasons Doctor Strange hasnt gotten very many good stories or portrayals may be because no one has thought of a good story for him (BKV is the exception for recent stories)

I know I'd have trouble constantly coming up with stories for him that wouldnt end up being strictly limited to a magic based team up, although after saying that I think the best thing to do with Strange is have him on a new incarnation of The Midnight Sons
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FTS!!! Angry Angry

I think one of the reasons Doctor Strange hasnt gotten very many good stories or portrayals may be because no one has thought of a good story for him (BKV is the exception for recent stories)

I know I'd have trouble constantly coming up with stories for him that wouldnt end up being strictly limited to a magic based team up, although after saying that I think the best thing to do with Strange is have him on a new incarnation of The Midnight Sons

that could be it too, if i had my way i'd of excluded him from the new avengers much earlier on and instead had him more involved w/ Captain Britain and MI 13. just having him on board for shit like when the Skrulls were bout to fuck up Avalon and all the magic crazy that went in that book in general would of been cool to see. hell blade was already there what if the 2 of em recruited the Midnight Sons as the cavalry against the Skrulls or to lend a hand when Dracula got buck wild?

another thing i woulda liked to see is him accompany Wiccan and Speed to meet Wanda, i mean what if she was still bonkers? she'd of torn the 2 apart w/o back up like Dr. Strange could of made for an interesting arc or 2

depowering Strange was probably a good idea.. to a point (just not how bendis went about it at first, the outburst against the Hood's crew wasn't terrible but still....) because he did kinda become a deus ex machina kinda character i mean hes an old school pro and magic is boundless in its abilities therefore making one who mastered it boundless as well kinda hard to come up with convincing threats against power like that.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 7:55 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FTS!!! Angry Angry

that could be it too, if i had my way i'd of excluded him from the new avengers much earlier on and instead had him more involved w/ Captain Britain and MI 13. just having him on board for shit like when the Skrulls were bout to fuck up Avalon and all the magic crazy that went in that book in general would of been cool to see. hell blade was already there what if the 2 of em recruited the Midnight Sons as the cavalry against the Skrulls or to lend a hand when Dracula got buck wild?

another thing i woulda liked to see is him accompany Wiccan and Speed to meet Wanda, i mean what if she was still bonkers? she'd of torn the 2 apart w/o back up like Dr. Strange could of made for an interesting arc or 2

depowering Strange was probably a good idea.. to a point (just not how bendis went about it at first, the outburst against the Hood's crew wasn't terrible but still....) because he did kinda become a deus ex machina kinda character i mean hes an old school pro and magic is boundless in its abilities therefore making one who mastered it boundless as well kinda hard to come up with convincing threats against power like that.

I agree with him becoming slightly depowered but he should still be considered a heavy hitter mainly because of his extensive knowledge of magic

although one thing annoys me, with his knowledge of both medicine and magic he should be able to heal his hands to how they were before Hulk crushed em
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 am

Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FTS!!! Angry Angry

I agree with him becoming slightly depowered but he should still be considered a heavy hitter mainly because of his extensive knowledge of magic

although one thing annoys me, with his knowledge of both medicine and magic he should be able to heal his hands to how they were before Hulk crushed em

Strange's exclusion from the major events in the MU in the last few years shouldn't come as a complete surprise since Marvel has excluded him from the two biggest events before, namely Kree Skrull war and the first Secret Wars. As both of you have stated, his powers seem to be so potentially limitless that he would tip the scales in any significant conflict. That's another reason why I don't like seeing him on any team as a permanent member. I like to see the character be a go to wise mage when shit really hits the fan as it were. That's why giving him his own book is the most sensible thing to do and to have it written by someone like an Ellis, Gaiman, Moore, even Roy Thomas again would be perferct since there is potentially so much more depth to this character (and not to mention darkness) than any others.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:29 am

DanElectro wrote:
Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Shaun wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

FTS!!! Angry Angry

Strange's exclusion from the major events in the MU in the last few years shouldn't come as a complete surprise since Marvel has excluded him from the two biggest events before, namely Kree Skrull war and the first Secret Wars. As both of you have stated, his powers seem to be so potentially limitless that he would tip the scales in any significant conflict. That's another reason why I don't like seeing him on any team as a permanent member. I like to see the character be a go to wise mage when shit really hits the fan as it were. That's why giving him his own book is the most sensible thing to do and to have it written by someone like an Ellis, Gaiman, Moore, even Roy Thomas again would be perferct since there is potentially so much more depth to this character (and not to mention darkness) than any others.

well the miniseries hes in now isnt off to a bad start but again it wasnt necessary to shit on his reputation. depowering? hulk smashed his hands that was good enough imo, ellis, thomas or vaughan would be perfect choices to write the book along the lines of him mentoring this new chick and recovering his powers. gaiman or moore would be amaing but thats pretty much unrealistic to hope for really moore especially but either way strange has all kinds of undermined potential as you said.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 2:02 pm

I understand the dislike for Bendis but it isn't entirely him that's doing it...We've seen Bendis do great shit with his work on the Ultimate Universe. I think Bendis has ideas and then Quesada and the others at the Marvel retreat take those ideas and add/subtract until they get something that really is only a shell of what Bendis' original plan was all along. I think when you play in the 616 sandbox, with all the top level books and characters, the more meddling you're going to get from Quesada and the others. It's one of the reasons I like the Ultimate books.

As for his treatment of Strange...He needed it (Strange that is). The guy was just way too powerful and way too easy to use as a deus ex machina. The problem,IMO, is that Marvel doesn't really care about their magic/occult characters. This is pretty much the same thing that happened with the cosmic stuff. Fortunately, they got DnA on that and it's better than ever. Marvel has been hinting at a magic event for years and I think it's high time they get that going. Quit treating the magic characters like superheroes, they aren't. Get writers in their who know and understand that genre and develop Marvel's already awesome line up of characters into a cohesive unit. MI 13 was a nice attempt, but it wasn't given enough priority.

I'm glad they are at least attempting to do something with the magic/occult characters but they need to pull everthing they've been doing together.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
I understand the dislike for Bendis but it isn't entirely him that's doing it...We've seen Bendis do great shit with his work on the Ultimate Universe. I think Bendis has ideas and then Quesada and the others at the Marvel retreat take those ideas and add/subtract until they get something that really is only a shell of what Bendis' original plan was all along. I think when you play in the 616 sandbox, with all the top level books and characters, the more meddling you're going to get from Quesada and the others. It's one of the reasons I like the Ultimate books.

As for his treatment of Strange...He needed it (Strange that is). The guy was just way too powerful and way too easy to use as a deus ex machina. The problem,IMO, is that Marvel doesn't really care about their magic/occult characters. This is pretty much the same thing that happened with the cosmic stuff. Fortunately, they got DnA on that and it's better than ever. Marvel has been hinting at a magic event for years and I think it's high time they get that going. Quit treating the magic characters like superheroes, they aren't. Get writers in their who know and understand that genre and develop Marvel's already awesome line up of characters into a cohesive unit. MI 13 was a nice attempt, but it wasn't given enough priority.

I'm glad they are at least attempting to do something with the magic/occult characters but they need to pull everthing they've been doing together.

my disdain for things bendis come partially from books and partially from interviews and quotes. doc strange was one of the most potent forces in marvel everyone knows that and bendis has been quoted as saying things like "hes not as powerful as everyone thinks he is" about strange. which is total bullshit i mean damn anyone whos followed the character knows hes done some boss shit and isnt to be fucked with.

coupled with bendis's inability to write a half decent story about or positively portraying in part a character stronger than say spiderman consistently... well thats pretty much why i dislike his style. plus his dialogue isnt the hottest shit out there if ya feel what im sayin.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Leachcraft wrote:

The need to treat the supernatural characters more noirish if Peter David ever got tired of writing X-Factor I would love to see him do a supernatural team book like Midnight Sons/Nightstalkers. There are just too many awesome supernatural characters that don't get enough attention or are written to fit the story even if they don't seem like the have in the past. For instance there have been about five different appearences of Damian Hellstrom in recent years all of them looking different and with different personalities every time, I liked the version they had a few years back in his mini-series. They have so many characters to choose from I can't believe the couldn't make a really good book. The two Ghost Riders, Blade, Werewolf By Night, Damian Hellstrom, Jennifer Kale, Man-Thing, Hannibal King, Terror, Simon Garth, Frankenstein, Elsa Bloodstone, Talisman, Topaz, Doctor Voodoo, Doctor Strange. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting or don't know about or they could even create a few new ones.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 7:18 pm

Thomas wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

The need to treat the supernatural characters more noirish if Peter David ever got tired of writing X-Factor I would love to see him do a supernatural team book like Midnight Sons/Nightstalkers. There are just too many awesome supernatural characters that don't get enough attention or are written to fit the story even if they don't seem like the have in the past. For instance there have been about five different appearences of Damian Hellstrom in recent years all of them looking different and with different personalities every time, I liked the version they had a few years back in his mini-series. They have so many characters to choose from I can't believe the couldn't make a really good book. The two Ghost Riders, Blade, Werewolf By Night, Damian Hellstrom, Jennifer Kale, Man-Thing, Hannibal King, Terror, Simon Garth, Frankenstein, Elsa Bloodstone, Talisman, Topaz, Doctor Voodoo, Doctor Strange. I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting or don't know about or they could even create a few new ones.

Witchfire, Roma, Sister Grimm, Lilith (both the queen of demons and Dracula's daughter), Blackout, Morbius, Morgan Le Fey, Selene, Merlin, Modred (the Mystic), Dr. Druid, Mordo,Mordred (the Evil), Talisman, Sister Nil, Azazel, Belasco, Nightmare, Satana....
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:43 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

my disdain for things bendis come partially from books and partially from interviews and quotes. doc strange was one of the most potent forces in marvel everyone knows that and bendis has been quoted as saying things like "hes not as powerful as everyone thinks he is" about strange. which is total bullshit i mean damn anyone whos followed the character knows hes done some boss shit and isnt to be fucked with.

coupled with bendis's inability to write a half decent story about or positively portraying in part a character stronger than say spiderman consistently... well thats pretty much why i dislike his style. plus his dialogue isnt the hottest shit out there if ya feel what im sayin.

I've got a lot to say in response to your post Travis...I'll do it later...

But at the very least I have to say that I totally agree with NoLuv, Bendis's dialogue is VERY shit! I tried to read Ult SM and couldn't get through half the first book. It was embarrassing frankly to read because it sounded like a middle aged nerdy dude was trying to sound like a cool modern day teen. That's how obvious and forced it was...

Bendis is a good writer and a very skilled plotter. I just don't like seeing his hands in ALL of the MU for the last 7 yrs as I have. He's going to like the characters he's always liked and Strange is obviously not one that he's comfortable with or really is keen on. Or maybe Strange is not Bendis's type... Laughing

Bottom line is, Strange needs his come-uppance but I'd hate to see him cast into some "magic" corner of the MU as Travis suggests. He needs to be integrated into the MU as much as he has been since the creation of the character.
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:29 am

DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

But at the very least I have to say that I totally agree with NoLuv, Bendis's dialogue is VERY shit! I tried to read Ult SM and couldn't get through half the first book. It was embarrassing frankly to read because it sounded like a middle aged nerdy dude was trying to sound like a cool modern day teen. That's how obvious and forced it was...

Bendis is a good writer and a very skilled plotter. I just don't like seeing his hands in ALL of the MU for the last 7 yrs as I have. He's going to like the characters he's always liked and Strange is obviously not one that he's comfortable with or really is keen on. Or maybe Strange is not Bendis's type... Laughing

Bottom line is, Strange needs his come-uppance but I'd hate to see him cast into some "magic" corner of the MU as Travis suggests. He needs to be integrated into the MU as much as he has been since the creation of the character.

I tend to like Bendis as a writer. I think the real problem, for me at least, lies with Quesada always taking Bendis' plans and ideas and supersizing them. Anyway, enough Bendis talk, I'm not trying to convince anybody to like the dude. I get why people dislike him. He does some things I don't like myself...The guy isn't my favorite writer by any means.

As far as the supernatural/occult characters go, I wasn't suggesting a magic corner, just a magic event that updates and finally puts some cohesive structure to Marvel's supernatural characters. "Magic" itself needs to be integrated into the Marvel Universe period, and I think someone who knows and respects the genre should be creating a solid foundation of the laws and rules of how magic works there, so that we don't get those deus ex machina plot devices.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:52 am

Leachcraft wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:

I tend to like Bendis as a writer. I think the real problem, for me at least, lies with Quesada always taking Bendis' plans and ideas and supersizing them. Anyway, enough Bendis talk, I'm not trying to convince anybody to like the dude. I get why people dislike him. He does some things I don't like myself...The guy isn't my favorite writer by any means.

As far as the supernatural/occult characters go, I wasn't suggesting a magic corner, just a magic event that updates and finally puts some cohesive structure to Marvel's supernatural characters. "Magic" itself needs to be integrated into the Marvel Universe period, and I think someone who knows and respects the genre should be creating a solid foundation of the laws and rules of how magic works there, so that we don't get those deus ex machina plot devices.

i kinda agree as far as the need for a concrete status quo w/ magic but also theres the fact that back in the dizzle magic based stories and characters were more entwined and involved with each other the way its common to see science based characters/stories blending together now. that lack of cohesion is another strike against magic playing a more pivotal role in marvel
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:34 pm

I just thought of this, but why isnt Captain Universe a major powerhouse in the Marvel U? I mean it's the guardian of Eternity, which should mean that it's powers should be on the same level as some of the Heralds of Galactus
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:39 pm

Shaun wrote:
I just thought of this, but why isnt Captain Universe a major powerhouse in the Marvel U? I mean it's the guardian of Eternity, which should mean that it's powers should be on the same level as some of the Heralds of Galactus

How many bites does it take to get to the center of a totsie roll totsie pop?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Shaun wrote:

3 but that answer is irrelevant
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Shaun wrote:

idk ask Juggernaut.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Ok I've been curious about this for a while. As we knew when X-23 was created she had only her claws covered in Adamantium. However in a (relativly) recent issue of X-Force she had her arm cut off. Did that arm grow back or did she re-attach it. If it grew back does she have a bone claw there now? My memory is fuzzy on this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been curious.   I've been curious. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been curious.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: