the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ed Brubaker fans....

Go down 
+5
TJ
Hedinnweis
howie024m
PeteWisdom
GoZ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Ed Brubaker fans.... Empty
PostSubject: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:36 pm

I was going through my old comics the other day, and found a B&W Indy comic, written and DRAWN by Ed Brubaker. It was published back in 1992, and is 8 pages long. It reads like an auto/bio comic, if anyone is interested enough to read it, I'll scan it, and post it....If not, let the thread die....
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:37 pm

I'll read it!!!
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:37 pm

GoZ wrote:
I was going through my old comics the other day, and found a B&W Indy comic, written and DRAWN by Ed Brubaker. It was published back in 1992, and is 8 pages long. It reads like an auto/bio comic, if anyone is interested enough to read it, I'll scan it, and post it....If not, let the thread die....

I do!

<<<<<This guy is a Brubaker fan.
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:39 pm

Post nao prease.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:43 pm

I gotta scan it, and then post it, so it's gonna take some time. Probably won't be until tomorrow, or the next day at the earliest....It's called "Low-Life", and I remember holding onto it, because it reminded me of my life at the time. I had no idea Brubaker would go onto bigger and better things, and the fact he drew it, is kinda interesting....
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:48 pm

Patience, I shall have.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:56 pm

Ha ha yeah,

No rush man, I'll probably disappear again and finally catch up later ha ha.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:56 pm

It's posted now, in OQL......
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:26 am

It was good.............thanks GoZ
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:50 am

cheers Thanks! drink! Yay! clap bounce Spidey/Venom Cheers! Deadpool

Ed Brubaker fans.... YouRockHand
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:23 am

cheers bounce Yay! clap

Thanks for that GoZ. Brubaker rocks! In a way, it kind of reminded me of my life at certain points. Y'know, the shit job, the dick boss and the asshole slob of a roommate.

and that damned dog...
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 8:38 am

Since nobody will answer me in the other thread I posted this in... I'll post this here.

Fantastic Four: The Books Of Doom. Brubaker. Anyone read it? Should I?
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Since nobody will answer me in the other thread I posted this in... I'll post this here.

I liked it.

I'd say give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:43 am

'kay.

I'll read it after Green Arrow: Quiver.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:

I don't recall it being much of an FF story, but I read Books of Doom. It's a re-telling of his origin from Doom's perspective. If you like Doom, I think you'll like this mini-series.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 9:01 am

Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I don't recall it being much of an FF story, but I read Books of Doom. It's a re-telling of his origin from Doom's perspective. If you like Doom, I think you'll like this mini-series.

I flicked through it, no FF to be seen. All DOOM, BABY!!!

I like Doom. 1 of the best comic book villains, if not comic book character, ever.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:31 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
'kay.

I'll read it after Green Arrow: Quiver.

Thats great too.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:32 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

I flicked through it, no FF to be seen. All DOOM, BABY!!!

I like Doom. 1 of the best comic book villains, if not comic book character, ever.

Another cool thing about this story were the interveiws done with the people who Doom back when...
Back to top Go down
Tayley
The ARA
The ARA
Tayley

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 1:33 pm

i definetly thought of bob backlund.

sorry. as you were.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ed Brubaker fans....   Ed Brubaker fans.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ed Brubaker fans....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: