the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to see...

Go down 
+31
munson!
PeteWisdom
Gabe_Gray
Maxyboi2424
minimalist
osirus12002
JimDarkMagic
bayani
Tayley
Leachcraft
howie024m
NoLuv4Hoes
Aycock
Hedinnweis
LifesTruesin
DanElectro
GoZ
GreatWhiteNinja
TJ
Shaun
Mr.Wholesome
Tim Radd
Figga
REEF aka Luke Cage
shazam!
True Believer
Liquid Sword
CaptainJoel
Thomas
Big H
Shadowrenderer
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:34 am

This is the thread for all the stuff in, and related to, comics you want to see, but it's just not happenin'. Or it isn't happening now, or hasn't yet, or even stuff you think will never happen but you still want it too, damn it!!

Have at thee!

I'll kick off.

I want someone to write a book where they've gone & interviewed a whole bunch of comic professionals & asked them how they got into the biz. This'd be a great book for new guys wanting to get in & fans etc. Someone needs to make this happen!
Back to top Go down
Big H
Boy Wonder
Boy Wonder
Big H

Male Age : 42

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
This is the thread for all the stuff in, and related to, comics you want to see, but it's just not happenin'. Or it isn't happening now, or hasn't yet, or even stuff you think will never happen but you still want it too, damn it!!

Have at thee!

I'll kick off.

I want someone to write a book where they've gone & interviewed a whole bunch of comic professionals & asked them how they got into the biz. This'd be a great book for new guys wanting to get in & fans etc. Someone needs to make this happen!

I want to see... Writers+on+comics
It's not just about writing. It talks quite a bit about each writers process of breaking in, influences etc.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 3:59 pm

I want to see a DC team of African American superheroes team up to fight a team of super KKK members.

Mister Terrific
Steel
Amazing Man
Black Lightning
John Stewart
Cyborg
Vixen
Firestorm
Bloodwynd
Mister Miracle (Shilo Norman)
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Dan - Try the Comics' Journal writers interview book, I've got it and it has tons of info like that.

Thomas - I prefer my plan for the Dark Dark Avengers. A team of entirely Black Avengers.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:08 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Dan - Try the Comics' Journal writers interview book, I've got it and it has tons of info like that.

Thomas - I prefer my plan for the Dark Dark Avengers. A team of entirely Black Avengers.

In that case my team would be:

Black Panther
Storm
Blue Marvel
Brother Voodoo
Luke Cage
Cloak
Falcon
Monica Rambeau
War Machine
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:21 pm

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Black Panther
Storm
Blue Marvel
Brother Voodoo
Luke Cage
Cloak
Falcon
Monica Rambeau
War Machine

My team was

Brother Voodoo
Isaiah Bradley
Monica Rambeau
War Machine
Luke Cage
Falcon
Goliath
Midnight Sun
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 9:55 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Black Panther
Storm
Blue Marvel
Brother Voodoo
Luke Cage
Cloak
Falcon
Monica Rambeau
War Machine

My team was

Brother Voodoo
Isaiah Bradley
Monica Rambeau
War Machine
Luke Cage
Falcon
Goliath
Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun was cool the few times he guest stared in Silver Surfer. I was thinking about adding Deathlok to my list.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Black Panther
Storm
Blue Marvel
Brother Voodoo
Luke Cage
Cloak
Falcon
Monica Rambeau
War Machine

My team was

Brother Voodoo
Isaiah Bradley
Monica Rambeau
War Machine
Luke Cage
Falcon
Goliath
Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun was cool the few times he guest stared in Silver Surfer. I was thinking about adding Deathlok to my list.

HAHAHA!! I totally forgot Deathlok was black!
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:11 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Black Panther
Storm
Blue Marvel
Brother Voodoo
Luke Cage
Cloak
Falcon
Monica Rambeau
War Machine

My team was

Brother Voodoo
Isaiah Bradley
Monica Rambeau
War Machine
Luke Cage
Falcon
Goliath
Midnight Sun

Dark Dark Avengers? that's racist.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Black Panther
Storm
Blue Marvel
Brother Voodoo
Luke Cage
Cloak
Falcon
Monica Rambeau
War Machine

My team was

Brother Voodoo
Isaiah Bradley
Monica Rambeau
War Machine
Luke Cage
Falcon
Goliath
Midnight Sun

Dark Dark Avengers? that's racist.

I don't care at the moment.

At least it's not called Super-Slaves.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 11:14 pm

Thanks Thomas & Joel! I was thinking about a book dedicated to creators breaking in stories, tho'.

Deathlok definitely needs to be on that team!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:37 am

I'd like the DC All Star line to be redone more like Marvel's Ultimate line where we get some superstar talent (I'm talking Alan Moore, BKV, Gaiman, the works) writing stories that remain true to the characters motifs but without the albatross of continuity in an (at least somewhat) cohesive universe.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 5:58 am

True Believer wrote:
I'd like the DC All Star line to be redone more like Marvel's Ultimate line where we get some superstar talent (I'm talking Alan Moore, BKV, Gaiman, the works) writing stories that remain true to the characters motifs but without the albatross of continuity in an (at least somewhat) cohesive universe.

I'd just like to see more all star titles.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 7:41 am

True Believer wrote:

This could work if they were set up as limited series & the title actually came out on a regular basis...
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Male Age : 37

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 9:59 am

bring back ROM bitches!!!!!!

I want to see... 2qk12yf
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:09 am

REEF aka Luke Cage wrote:
bring back ROM bitches!!!!!!

I want to see... 2qk12yf

haha I expected Dan to be the first to say this.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 50

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:20 am

Wraith. Where the frak has he been since Annihilation Conquest? Also, more Howard the Duck.
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:22 am

OH! And a Bullseye/Venom team-up book along the lines of what Cable/Deadpool used to be. that'd be sweet. And if not them, then howzabout a Rocket Raccoon/Groot mini-series. I don't think "I AM GROOT" would last more than 4-5 issues...
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:30 am

Figga wrote:
Wraith. Where the frak has he been since Annihilation Conquest? Also, more Howard the Duck.

I dunno about more Howard. With Steve Gerber gone it'd be kinda weird...
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:32 am

Figga wrote:
OH! And a Bullseye/Venom team-up book along the lines of what Cable/Deadpool used to be. that'd be sweet. And if not them, then howzabout a Rocket Raccoon/Groot mini-series. I don't think "I AM GROOT" would last more than 4-5 issues...

How about a Rocket Raccoon/Ch'p crossover?

A series dedicated to the Spiderman animals! Or the Superman animals... Lead by Krypto!
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:42 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:

A series dedicated to the Spiderman animals! Or the Superman animals... Lead by Krypto!

The first might actually work.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:44 am

Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:

I've never read anything with Rocket Raccoon but from what I can tell he kicks butt a whole lot...
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:49 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:

I've never read anything with Rocket Raccoon but from what I can tell he kicks butt a whole lot...

Guardians of the Galaxy is awesome. I think there are some issues in the OQL, you should check 'em out when you get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 10:51 am

Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Figga wrote:

Guardians of the Galaxy is awesome. I think there are some issues in the OQL, you should check 'em out when you get the chance.

I skimmed the first issue when it was posted...

There's too much stuff that bugs me with how Warlock & others have been treated lately for me to read more...
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... EmptyFri Jun 12, 2009 11:30 am

More cosmic stuff in DC of the quality of Marvels recent cosmic events. Rann/Thanagar Holy War was a let down. Comet's personality was completley different from the one in Mystery In Space, which was badass.

Captain Comet
Starman (Prince Gavyn)
Adam Strange
Tigorr
Eradicator
Eye
Tyrone

Then I would either bring Maxima back to life and put her on the team, give one of the Darkstar's uniforms that Lady Styx stole to someone new, and/or I would use Jemm, Son of Saturn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I want to see... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to see...
Page 1 of 36Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: