the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Affirmative Action

Go down 
+6
Thomas
Mr.Wholesome
PeteWisdom
Shadowrenderer
True Believer
bayani
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 am

I know we've done this before but here it goes:

All the good characters are white. WTF U C K!? the big 3 in both majors, the main X-men, invincible, Yorrick Brown, Kickass, all the tram leaders except New avengers as of now.

I read Invincible Ironman yesterday and got a little excited when I saw the filipino superheroes representing. . .

. . .they all died the next page they were introduced.

whitey's getting me down.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 8:52 am

bayani wrote:
I know we've done this before but here it goes:

All the good characters are white. WTF U C K!? the big 3 in both majors, the main X-men, invincible, Yorrick Brown, Kickass, all the tram leaders except New avengers as of now.

I read Invincible Ironman yesterday and got a little excited when I saw the filipino superheroes representing. . .

. . .they all died the next page they were introduced.

whitey's getting me down.

It's cos we rule the galaxy. On Alpha Centauri green skins rule. In the Oomplah nebula long string hyper intelligent wyrms rule.

It's all were you come from man!
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 11:48 am

Current teams lead by people of other races:
New Warriors - Night Thrasher
Infinity Inc. - Steel
New Avengers - Luke Cage

Teams lead by people of other races in the past:
JSA - Mr. Terrific
Teen Titans - Cyborg
X-men - Storm
New X-men - Prodigy
X-factor - Forge

People of other races currently on teams:
X-force - Warpath
X-factor - Rictor & M
Young X-men - Dust & Rockslide
New Avengers - Luke Cage & Maya Lopez
JLA - Black Lightning, Vixen, & John Stewart
JSA - Amazing Man, Jakeem Thunder, Judomaster, Lightning, & Mister Terrific
Teen Titans - Blue Beetle
Titans - Cyborg
Outsiders - Batgirl & Thunder
Omega Flight - Talisman
Thunderbolts - Radioactive Man
Checkmate - Fire
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:02 am

Thomas wrote:
Infinity Inc. - Steel
New Avengers - Luke Cage

JSA - Mr. Terrific
Teen Titans - Cyborg
X-men - Storm
New X-men - Prodigy
X-factor - Forge

X-force - Warpath
X-factor - Rictor & M
Titans - Cyborg
Omega Flight - Talisman
Checkmate - Fire

Hell-ooo. How do you mention the Outsiders and forget Katana?

And Italian Spider-Man. Though he would still technically be Caucasian I like to think of them as Mexican: Lite.

I've always thought Batman should be black and Wonder Woman should be Hawaiian. And Superman Asian.

Just kidding. He could only be white.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:06 am

True Believer wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Infinity Inc. - Steel
New Avengers - Luke Cage

JSA - Mr. Terrific
Teen Titans - Cyborg
X-men - Storm
New X-men - Prodigy
X-factor - Forge

X-force - Warpath
X-factor - Rictor & M
Titans - Cyborg
Omega Flight - Talisman
Checkmate - Fire

And Italian Spider-Man. Though he would still technically be Caucasian I like to think of them as Mexican: Lite.

I've always thought Batman should be black and Wonder Woman should be Hawaiian. And Superman Asian.

Just kidding. He could only be white.

Isn't Terrific the black Batman?

Hawaiin WW? nah

Besides, how many Greek superheroes are there?

Italians being Mexican: Lite? huh? If you had said Spanish I would get it, but Italian?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:38 am

Something that bugs me is that Northstar isn't a regular on the X-Men. I mean it's stupid to have a book that is supposed to be about equality that doesn't have a gay dude on one of the main books at least today it doesn't. I don't think that EVERY damned book on the shelf needs to have a gay dude on the team but equality is supposed to be at the heart of the fuckin' X-Men. Come-on Marvel this is the 21st century.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:40 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Something that bugs me is that Northstar isn't a regular on the X-Men. I mean it's stupid to have a book that is supposed to be about equality that doesn't have a gay dude on one of the main books at least today it doesn't. I don't think that EVERY damned book on the shelf needs to have a gay dude on the team but equality is supposed to be at the heart of the fuckin' X-Men. Come-on Marvel this is the 21st century.

it might be more that he's a freakishly annoying person & nobody wants him around.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:47 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

it might be more that he's a freakishly annoying person & nobody wants him around.

That's a good point. If I wrote the book I guess I'd have to "Guy Gardner" him up a bit. Turn him into a jerk who's funny and likable but still a jerk.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 2:54 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

That's a good point. If I wrote the book I guess I'd have to "Guy Gardner" him up a bit. Turn him into a jerk who's funny and likable but still a jerk.

Like Quicksilver?

When he's written properly, that is.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 6:43 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Ultimate Colosssus is pretty flaming.

more than Ultimate Northstar.

Anyways, the Ultimate U is a mess..

I mean its confirmed that Quicksilver likes to keep it in the family...

damn you Jeph Loeb.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 12:02 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

damn you Jeph Loeb.

Yeah but I'm talking about Uncanny, Legacy, or Astonishing. I like what they've done with Colossus by the way (not just making him gay but they've handled his character well), but I would hate it if they decided to suddenly make 616 Colossus gay.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 1:57 pm

True Believer wrote:

I can't believe I forgot her, although I don't like her all that much, I find her boring.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

damn you Jeph Loeb.

Yeah but I'm talking about Uncanny, Legacy, or Astonishing. I like what they've done with Colossus by the way (not just making him gay but they've handled his character well), but I would hate it if they decided to suddenly make 616 Colossus gay.

Y'know, I actually really expected them to make 616 Colossus gay, and I still think they will one of these days.

I hate how he's thrown so far out of character by it, too...

And now he's a juicer, too....

They mucked everything up.
Back to top Go down
JustChris
Youngling
Youngling
JustChris

Male Age : 36

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 8:48 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

damn you Jeph Loeb.

Y'know, I actually really expected them to make 616 Colossus gay, and I still think they will one of these days.

Ultimate Colossus is on roids? Why would a guy who could turn himself into frickin' metal need steroids in the first place?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 9:43 pm

JustChris wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

damn you Jeph Loeb.

Ultimate Colossus is on roids? Why would a guy who could turn himself into frickin' metal need steroids in the first place?

Not roids, something called banshee.

And it's because he can't lift his metal body without them.
Back to top Go down
JustChris
Youngling
Youngling
JustChris

Male Age : 36

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 10:30 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
JustChris wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

damn you Jeph Loeb.

Oh, Thanks for the info. It sounds like they're trying to make Colossus's mutation more realistic, but it's a bit late to do that now, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 12:25 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

You mean have him blatantly checking out Wolverine's ass and calling Cyclops "Toots"? That would be AWESOME!!!!
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 6:05 pm

JustChris wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
JustChris wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

damn you Jeph Loeb.

Oh, Thanks for the info. It sounds like they're trying to make Colossus's mutation more realistic, but it's a bit late to do that now, isn't it?

Yeah, that's what I think...

It just doesn't really seem like a great direction for him to me.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:03 am

GoZ wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

You mean have him blatantly checking out Wolverine's ass and calling Cyclops "Toots"? That would be AWESOME!!!!

Exactly. And I'd probably cross a line by having a bar fight (Logan would have to be involved here) where he kisses some cowboy who calls him a mutie or mutie scum or something, then have the dude call him a fag. After that Iceman would call him a fag in reference to the bar fight--it would be cool with Northstar but it would bother other people.
Back to top Go down
zero cool
Youngling
Youngling
zero cool

Male Age : 53

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 1:23 pm

They could have Ultimate Colossus constantly sing Broadway Show tunes, quoting Lifetime Television for women, and telling everyone they're fierce.

I don't read Ultimate X-men, is that story true? He has to take some sort of steroid so he can move his metal body? For some reason it reminds me of Stoneboy from the Legion of Substitute Heroes, without the humor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Affirmative Action Empty
PostSubject: Re: Affirmative Action   Affirmative Action Empty

Back to top Go down

Affirmative Action
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: