the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Superman Kills

Go down 
+14
GreatWhiteNinja
Shaun
LifesTruesin
Tim Radd
DanElectro
GoZ
PeteWisdom
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
Mr.Wholesome
TJ
CaptainJoel
Thomas
Shadowrenderer
True Believer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 38

Superman Kills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 4:44 am

Some mysterious villian like umm..

Darkseid...

kills Lois, Lana, his parents, everyone in the Daily Bugle, The Justice League, the JSA, Supergirl, basically anyone Superman has ever cared about...

oh and threatens all reality itself.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 49

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 8:30 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:

Darkseid...

kills Lois, Lana, his parents, everyone in the Daily Bugle, The Justice League, the JSA, Supergirl, basically anyone Superman has ever cared about...

I fail to see why killing everyone at PETER PARKER'S place of employment should affect Superman...
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 8:48 pm

Being "possessed" by Parallax.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 9:30 pm

GoZ wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Darkseid...

I fail to see why killing everyone at PETER PARKER'S place of employment should affect Superman...

Fine GoZ, but what if this 'villain' killed all of the Avengers?
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
GoZ wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

Darkseid...

Fine GoZ, but what if this 'villain' killed all of the Avengers?

Hmmm....it depends...is it the Avengers led by Luke Cage?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 2:45 am

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
If he was strapped to a chair with a Kryptonite rock on his lap and had to watch a super villain rape, torture, and kill both of his parents and his wife. Probably have all of them in the room the whole time and have his Dad anally raped on top of his Mom's corpse with his face pushed up against hers, looking to Clark for help.

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

He wouldn't fret to kill anyone.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

First off, Wholesome you're sick. There is a difference between murder and killing in self defense. When the state executes a prisioner, it is not murder. When Superman executed Zod and the others in the pocket universe, he acted as a representative of the state. In Wholesome's twisted scenario, no court would convict anyone of murder under those circumstances. Murder is a legal definition that is more than just the taking of a life. Superman is not a murderer and would never be one!
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 2:57 am

Jim! wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
If he was strapped to a chair with a Kryptonite rock on his lap and had to watch a super villain rape, torture, and kill both of his parents and his wife. Probably have all of them in the room the whole time and have his Dad anally raped on top of his Mom's corpse with his face pushed up against hers, looking to Clark for help.

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

First off, Wholesome you're sick. There is a difference between murder and killing in self defense. When the state executes a prisioner, it is not murder. When Superman executed Zod and the others in the pocket universe, he acted as a representative of the state. In Wholesome's twisted scenario, no court would convict anyone of murder under those circumstances. Murder is a legal definition that is more than just the taking of a life. Superman is not a murderer and would never be one!

Jim, in Wholesome's defense, I believe what he was trying to convey, is it would take ALOT for Superman to kill..or even murder someone. He is the gold standard, the poster boy, for all that is GOOD and Right, what we should all aspire to be. He is an ICON, a moderm myth, and, dare I say it, almost a god. However he is the BEST of the BEST, and it would take something as sick and twisted as this scenario to make him snap...
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:01 am

GoZ wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

Jim, in Wholesome's defense, I believe what he was trying to convey, is it would take ALOT for Superman to kill..or even murder someone. He is the gold standard, the poster boy, for all that is GOOD and Right, what we should all aspire to be. He is an ICON, a moderm myth, and, dare I say it, almost a god. However he is the BEST of the BEST, and it would take something as sick and twisted as this scenario to make him snap...

*high fives* well said.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:38 am

GoZ wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

All true, but the Silver Surfer is better!
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 3:46 am

DanElectro wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

All true, but the Silver Surfer is better!
>.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 2:47 am

GoZ wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

I understand what he was trying to do, but I still think you guys have missed the mark. Murder is not the same thing as killing. I'm sure we can all think of scenarios where people are "allowed" to kill and it is not considered to be murder. Since we already know Superman is more than capable of killing and Max Lord has already tricked him into almost killing Batman, by making Superman believe that Batman was Darkseid, if Supes had been successful, he would not have been guilty of murder. Manchester Black made Superman believe that he, Black had killed Lois in hopes that Superman would kill him, but he failed; Superman refused to do so. There are some people who will not kill no matter what. There are Quakers and Amish and Bhuddist who will not take a life under any circumstances. It is probably a lifestyle that most do not understand, but not everyone reacts to violence with violence.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 3:11 am

Jim! wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

I understand what he was trying to do, but I still think you guys have missed the mark. Murder is not the same thing as killing. I'm sure we can all think of scenarios where people are "allowed" to kill and it is not considered to be murder. Since we already know Superman is more than capable of killing and Max Lord has already tricked him into almost killing Batman, by making Superman believe that Batman was Darkseid, if Supes had been successful, he would not have been guilty of murder. Manchester Black made Superman believe that he, Black had killed Lois in hopes that Superman would kill him, but he failed; Superman refused to do so. There are some people who will not kill no matter what. There are Quakers and Amish and Bhuddist who will not take a life under any circumstances. It is probably a lifestyle that most do not understand, but not everyone reacts to violence with violence.

I understand, and respect you point of view, sir. Given that the title of this thread is Superman Kills, and not, Superman Murders. However, I think that opens up another "can of worms", if you see that everyone's ideas, and ideals, differ on what crosses the line between killing, and murder. What one believes to be "murder", another could see as "killing". i merely was trying to convey, what I believed to be, Wholesome's reasons for his "scenario". I think he was trying to imply, that the best, shining example of humanity, could possibly take a life, given these horrific circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 5:51 pm

How is killing not murdering? You can look at it in different ways, but it all comes down to the same thing. Killing is murdering.
An execution is murdering, because it is taking a life.
One of the definitions of murder: To put an end to; destroy.
The only reason some states don't execute is because they don't find it humane to take someones life based on our judgment (in other words, it should not be humans who decides who is guilty or not but rather God).
We are murdering criminals, sure it sounds strange to say that but it is true. Murdering is taking a life against there will no?
Abortion is murder, Executing is murder, any sort of killing is murder
Back to top Go down
LifesTruesin
Rogue
Rogue
LifesTruesin

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 7:44 pm

TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear wrote:
How is killing not murdering? You can look at it in different ways, but it all comes down to the same thing. Killing is murdering.
The only reason some states don't execute is because they don't find it humane to take someones life based on our judgment (in other words, it should not be humans who decides who is guilty or not but rather God).
We are murdering criminals, sure it sounds strange to say that but it is true. Murdering is taking a life against there will no?

Stop being a kill joy.

As for the question at hand.....

Red Kryptonite well someone is raping Lois?

or just red kryptonite
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 8:13 pm

LifesTruesin wrote:

Stop being a kill joy.

As for the question at hand.....

Red Kryptonite well someone is raping Lois?

or just red kryptonite

I love unintelligent responses. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Causing an accidental death is not murdering. If you cross over the yellow line while driving and go head on into another person's car killing all inside it is considered vehicular manslaughter and deserves some punishment but it is nevertheless an accident. Murder is planned or at least intended. Taking another life in self-defense should also not be considered murder because the intent would be to protect not to kill. Death would only be the result of the defense needed to not be murdered or injured or to prevent the murder or injury of others who your are protecting. So all murder is killing but all killing is not murder. That said I think that there are times when murder is forgivable.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 8:46 pm

Jim! wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

First off, the title is "Superman Kills" not "Superman Murders." The idea was to create a scenario which would lead to Superman willingly killing someone.

Second of all,this is not a case of self defense because Superman killing the villain would occur after the rape, torture, and murder of his parents and wife. He would not be in any harm himself and it would be too late to do anything to defend his family (since they would already be dead). That said, Superman's actions would be perfectly acceptable/forgivable. I think you're right that no court would convince him of murder due to the facts of the situation; he would clearly be able to claim temporary insanity (who wouldn't be driven insane, if even for the moment?).

Thirdly, of course Superman is not a murderer but in this situation he would be but only to the degree of any soldier who has ever murdered for their country. It would not be a shameful act but it would not be a mere killing because it would be a willing or planned killing which does not fall into the realm of an accidental death. But this is a situation that DC would never allow so, if that helps, then, yes, Superman will never be a murderer!!!!!!!!

And there was no reason to call be sick. No biggie, but still a bit uncalled for.

*Thanks for having my back, again, Goz.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 9:08 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Jim! wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:

I like that idea...

it would break him.

Mentally.

Yeah it'd break anyone.

Not me.

That's just a given.

First off, the title is "Superman Kills" not "Superman Murders." The idea was to create a scenario which would lead to Superman willingly killing someone.

Second of all,this is not a case of self defense because Superman killing the villain would occur after the rape, torture, and murder of his parents and wife. He would not be in any harm himself and it would be too late to do anything to defend his family (since they would already be dead). That said, Superman's actions would be perfectly acceptable/forgivable. I think you're right that no court would convince him of murder due to the facts of the situation; he would clearly be able to claim temporary insanity (who wouldn't be driven insane, if even for the moment?).

Thirdly, of course Superman is not a murderer but in this situation he would be but only to the degree of any soldier who has ever murdered for their country. It would not be a shameful act but it would not be a mere killing because it would be a willing or planned killing which does not fall into the realm of an accidental death. But this is a situation that DC would never allow so, if that helps, then, yes, Superman will never be a murderer!!!!!!!!

And there was no reason to call be sick. No biggie, but still a bit uncalled for.

*Thanks for having my back, again, Goz.

Any time...(no homo)
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 9:57 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:

Causing an accidental death is not murdering. If you cross over the yellow line while driving and go head on into another person's car killing all inside it is considered vehicular manslaughter and deserves some punishment but it is nevertheless an accident. Murder is planned or at least intended. Taking another life in self-defense should also not be considered murder because the intent would be to protect not to kill. Death would only be the result of the defense needed to not be murdered or injured or to prevent the murder or injury of others who your are protecting. So all murder is killing but all killing is not murder. That said I think that there are times when murder is forgivable.

I believe you are talking about homicide (it is not always an illegal act)
The act of killing someone is murder.
Killing in self-defense is justifiable homicide (but one of the definition of homicide is a person who kills another; murderer)
Ex: A robber is coming towards you with a knife, you shoot him. You have just murdered a man, in self defense yes, and you could probably get away with it in court, but it doesn't change the fact you killed someone (i.e. murdered them)
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 10:43 pm

hmmm a scenario with which Superman kills

Using Brainiac tech, Lex Luthor finds out Superman's civilian identity and issues a hit on Clark and everyone close to him. Conduit (yea I'm throwing out the big wigs) Deathtrap, and Equus all take the contract and kill or kidnap all Superman knows.

Later on when a pissed/distraught Superman confronts Luthor, Luthor threatens to destroy Metropolis and Smallville with a space based weapon. Seeing enough death because of Luthor's deeds, Superman resorts to heat visioning(??) Luthor. with his last dying breath, Luthor activates a death trigger which incinerates Metropolis and Smallville leaving Superman alone to regret all he has done.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 10:44 pm

Shaun wrote:

Using Brainiac tech, Lex Luthor finds out Superman's civilian identity and issues a hit on Clark and everyone close to him. Conduit (yea I'm throwing out the big wigs) Deathtrap, and Equus all take the contract and kill or kidnap all Superman knows.

Later on when a pissed/distraught Superman confronts Luthor, Luthor threatens to destroy Metropolis and Smallville with a space based weapon. Seeing enough death because of Luthor's deeds, Superman resorts to heat visioning(??) Luthor. with his last dying breath, Luthor activates a death trigger which incinerates Metropolis and Smallville leaving Superman alone to regret all he has done.

who are you?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 10:46 pm

This is really just becoming a matter of syntax. I suppose it just depends on what a person views as murder or killing. I do not believe that killing and murdering is the same thing. Murder I see as willingly killing someone. Killing is not. If you accidentally kill someone then you did not murder them you killed them. If you kill someone on purpose then you have murdered them. Doesn't matter how. The only difference, as I see it, is intent.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 10:47 pm

TJ wrote:
Shaun wrote:

who are you?

I am the alpha and omega...
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Shaun wrote:

I dunno, Shevawn. This reminds of that Justice Lords episode of the JLU and things turned to shit after that.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
This is really just becoming a matter of syntax. I suppose it just depends on what a person views as murder or killing. I do not believe that killing and murdering is the same thing. Murder I see as willingly killing someone. Killing is not. If you accidentally kill someone then you did not murder them you killed them. If you kill someone on purpose then you have murdered them. Doesn't matter how. The only difference, as I see it, is intent.

Semantics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superman Kills   Superman Kills - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Superman Kills
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next