the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Awesome but Impossible

Go down 
+14
GoZ
TheUbiquitious_MrLoveBear
TJ
NoLuv4Hoes
Thomas
Mr.Wholesome
GreatWhiteNinja
Shaun
Hedinnweis
LifesTruesin
CaptainJoel
Shadowrenderer
DanElectro
True Believer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:43 am

DanElectro wrote:
To finally see the return of Warlord in a new ongoing!
Congrats on reaching 500 posts. You rock dude!
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:45 am

Jim! wrote:
What I would like to see is the dead stay dead... and sorry Joel, but no clones - ever! I would to see Cable disappear, a more judicial use of the healing factor - such that the Hulk does not grow gills when he's under water and there being certain injuries that Wolverine cannot walk away from. Kryptonite to be as rare as a sober frat boy. I would like to see Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt, Lobster Johnson, Green Hornet in their own series. A hawkman series that can last 100 issues.

It's sad to think that most of the things you mention aren't ever going to happen no matter how rational the ideas are.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:46 am

Jim! wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Congrats on reaching 500 posts. You rock dude!

Thank you! Thank You!

Photobucket
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:46 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Jim! wrote:
What I would like to see is the dead stay dead... and sorry Joel, but no clones - ever! I would to see Cable disappear, a more judicial use of the healing factor - such that the Hulk does not grow gills when he's under water and there being certain injuries that Wolverine cannot walk away from. Kryptonite to be as rare as a sober frat boy. I would like to see Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt, Lobster Johnson, Green Hornet in their own series. A hawkman series that can last 100 issues.

No clones? Not even Superboy?

I must agree with Lobster Johnson... I've been wanting his own series for a really long time.

Oh good question. Maybe Conner and a clone Bizzaro superman... Hell if I let those two in, okay Ben can play. Lobster John had a 4 issue series last year, did you get it?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:55 am

DanElectro wrote:

Something I can wholeheartedly agree with.

Ah, something I want is Ultimate mini-series.

Stuff like Ultimate Micronauts, Ultimate Marvel, Ultimate Venom, Ultimate Quicksilver, Ultimate Omega Flight, Ultimate Moon Knight, Ultimate Forbush man, and Ultimate Geldoff.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:57 am

Jim! wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Jim! wrote:

No clones? Not even Superboy?

I must agree with Lobster Johnson... I've been wanting his own series for a really long time.

Oh good question. Maybe Conner and a clone Bizzaro superman... Hell if I let those two in, okay Ben can play. Lobster John had a 4 issue series last year, did you get it?

Nah, I didn't even know anything about it... I'll try to pick it up next sojourn to the shop.

Was it good?
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:07 am

DanElectro wrote:

was the mini worth getting?

I've been thinking about it. It is Bart Sears, after all.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:15 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I never picked up the series from a few years ago and I think it was a canceled ongoing.

Not even sure if it made it trade but it probably didn't.

And Bart Sears is great but I still prefer Grell!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:17 am

DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I never picked up the series from a few years ago and I think it was a canceled ongoing.

I never read any of the Grell stuff. Looked interesting though.

I think you're right about it being a canceled ongoing, too.

I would be surprised if DC don't do a trade.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:25 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Stuff like Ultimate Micronauts, Ultimate Marvel, Ultimate Venom, Ultimate Quicksilver, Ultimate Omega Flight, Ultimate Moon Knight, Ultimate Forbush man, and Ultimate Geldoff.

Maybe a new ongoing Ultimate Universe with one after another of these minis (except for Geldoff Mad). I'd like to see that.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:26 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Yeah, well bruce jones and bart sears are a winning combination and if i was buying comics at the time, I would have gotten the series (and probably gotten pissed when it was canceled). I'll check with my lcs to see if they have the back issues.

By the way, I think you'd really like the Grell artwork a lot!!!

Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:37 am

DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Yeah, well bruce jones and bart sears are a winning combination and if i was buying comics at the time, I would have gotten the series (and probably gotten pissed when it was canceled). I'll check with my lcs to see if they have the back issues.

By the way, I think you'd really like the Grell artwork a lot!!!

yeah, I don't doubt it. This looks good. If slightly weird...
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:44 am

Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:41 am

DanElectro wrote:

I still have about 5 of the action figures from back in the 80's but I think each of them has at least one leg broken of or their head came off.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Jim! wrote:
A hawkman series that can last 100 issues.

tsh i'll do you one better a BLADE series that lasts like...50 issues and doesn't suck
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 3:32 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

how about an ultimate west coast avengers like Ultimates West or some shiza like that,
Ultimate Scarlet Spider (how'd u miss that one joel lol) and Ultimate Defenders Mini w/ Namor,Doc Strange Jr.,Silver Surfer,and Beast (instead of Hulk since hes still an Ultimate). They find out wtf happened to the original Doc Strange then it eventually becomes an ongoing.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:02 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

how about an ultimate west coast avengers like Ultimates West or some shiza like that,
Ultimate Scarlet Spider (how'd u miss that one joel lol) and Ultimate Defenders Mini w/ Namor,Doc Strange Jr.,Silver Surfer,and Beast (instead of Hulk since hes still an Ultimate). They find out wtf happened to the original Doc Strange then it eventually becomes an ongoing.

How about (I know I'll get shit for this) an Ultimate Heroes for Hire?

Hah? Hah?

Howboutit?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:03 pm

Probably not impossible, but I would love to see Kohta Hirano write an American comic, and see what type of storyline he comes up with.
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:19 pm

TJ wrote:
Probably not impossible, but I would love to see Kohta Hirano write an American comic, and see what type of storyline he comes up with.

Did you know he did hentai manga before he did Hellsing? EVen weirder... the H manga was called Legend of the Vampire Hunter and actually contained Hellsing characters?
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Hedinnweis wrote:
TJ wrote:

Did you know he did hentai manga before he did Hellsing? EVen weirder... the H manga was called Legend of the Vampire Hunter and actually contained Hellsing characters?

Yep I knew that.....also the marking on Alexander's hand could be seen on Alucard's face in that manga.....also the character Alexander originated from one of his other stories called "Angel Dust."
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:27 pm

TJ wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
TJ wrote:

Yep I knew that.....also the marking on Alexander's hand could be seen on Alucard's face in that manga.....also the character Alexander originated from one of his other stories called "Angel Dust."

I knew that as well. Awesome.

I think it'd be funny if he did an American comic but it started out as hentai.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:33 pm

Hedinnweis wrote:
TJ wrote:
Hedinnweis wrote:
TJ wrote:

I knew that as well. Awesome.

I think it'd be funny if he did an American comic but it started out as hentai.

Eh he's a self admitted perv anyway......so I wouldn't put it past him.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:10 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I don't really want Ultimate Scarlet Spider because it'd revolve around Jessica Drew's Spider...
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Maybe a new ongoing Ultimate Universe with one after another of these minis (except for Geldoff Mad). I'd like to see that.

Yeah... I really think they'd work.

Especially Ultimate Moon Knight.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm

If Friends (the show) had kept running Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awesome but Impossible   Awesome but Impossible - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Awesome but Impossible
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next