the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BATMAN

Go down 
+10
True Believer
Jerk
TJ
CaptainJoel
GoZ
R
Thomas
nicotine
Shaun
Shadowrenderer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

BATMAN - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BATMAN   BATMAN - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 7:41 pm

True Believer wrote:
Brian21 wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Since Heath Ledger is no longer with us.....perhaps Harley Quinn as the new foe in the 3rd Batman film? Think of her as a disturbed "fan" of the Joker......

BATMAN - Page 3 Harley_Quinn__Dark_Knight_VIII_by_viridis_somnio

That'd be pretty cool. Let's just hope a third film happens, cuz I read that Nolan hasn't committed to a third film yet and Bale says he's only in if Nolan's in.

Sucks. Bale, I'm not all that beholden to, anyway (probably because I so desperately want Jon Hamm in the role) but Nolan would be difficult to replace.

I like Bale in the role pretty well, and I'd hate to see them stick another actor in the role just because I feel like it'd be just like the previous movies where they started sticking a different guy in the role each movie. To me I can see Hamm as Bruce Wayne, but I dunno how well I see him under the cowl. I haven't seen him in much though so I dunno.

Here's part of what I read about Nolan's involvement. I couldn't find where I first read it so I had to pull some related info off Wikipedia, so I can't guarantee it's authenticity.

"Warner Bros. president of production Jeff Robinov hopes a third film will be released in 2011 or 2012.[80] Nolan is not committed to another sequel, explaining that he does not normally line up projects right after completing a film, noting "Is there a story that's going to keep me emotionally invested for the couple of years that it will take to make another one? That’s the overriding question. On a more superficial level, I have to ask the question: How many good third movies in a franchise can people name?"[81] He added the only reason he would return would be if he found a necessary way to continue the story, but he feared midway through filming another installment he would find it redundant.[82] Nolan had written a rough story outline and made some notes by December 2008, despite his uncertainty in returning for the sequel.[83] Later in December, Alan F. Horn confirmed that while discussions with Nolan about a third film were ongoing, no casting had been done, and Horn categorically denied all such rumors.[84]

Gary Oldman is confident Nolan will return,[85] and Bale said he would return if Nolan did.[86] Oldman hinted that, in the third film, Commissioner Gordon would have to "hunt down Batman".[87] He has also speculated that the villain of the upcoming film might be the Riddler.[88] Nolan explained that as long as he is directing, Robin will not be appearing in the franchise because Bale is still portraying a "young Batman", which meant "Robin's not for a few films".[89] Christian Bale has even gone on record to say that if they bring in Robin, he's out of the franchise.[90] In addition, Nolan considers the Penguin difficult to portray on film, explaining, "There are certain characters that are easier to mesh with the more real take on Batman we're doing. The Penguin would be tricky."[91]

Without any story in place, casting suggestions at this stage are almost entirely rumor.[92] Kate Beckinsale has expressed interest in playing Catwoman,[93] while Angelina Jolie has been suggested to play the role. Julie Newmar, who played Catwoman in the Batman series from 1966 to 1967, said "Angelina would own the part."[94] David Tennant wishes to portray the Riddler.[95] Aaron Eckhart had expressed his enthusiasm that he would reprise his role for a sequel if asked, although he later confirmed that, in talks with Nolan before Heath Ledger's death, the director considers his character dead.[96] Michael Caine commented that a studio executive was interested in casting Johnny Depp as the Riddler, and Philip Seymour Hoffman as the Penguin.[97] Hoffman stated that he had not been approached regarding a role in the film.[98] Gary Oldman, while taking questions from an audience at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con, was asked about a third film, in which he replied "We start shooting next year. You didn't hear that from me." He subsequently clarified his comment, saying "...well, I'm sure they want to do another one... it might [be] 2 or 3 years."[99] Michael Caine has told MTV news that the film is not being worked on and Johnny Depp has not been offered any role."
Back to top Go down

BATMAN
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3