the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel VS DC: All Media

Go down 
+12
Mr.Wholesome
Raziel
NoLuv4Hoes
Sink
Liquid Sword
JoeZarro
GreatWhiteNinja
Tim Radd
osirus12002
markrocks
CaptainJoel
True Believer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 3:14 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
JoeZarro wrote:
True Believer wrote:
JoeZarro wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
JoeZarro wrote:
GoZ wrote:
AQUAMAN's comic beat all MARVEL comics in sales........AQUAMAN! DC is owning in all catergories except movies......

I keep seeing this thrown around in places, but it's a really deceptive statement. Did Aquaman's comic book outsell all of the competing Marvel comic books? Yes, albeit by a small margin.

However, there are more things at play than just straight popularity. All of the top selling Marvel books are all priced at least a dollar more than most of the DC Comics, with Wolverine & The X-Men asking for two dollars more. This is going to affect the numbers without question, with people gravitating towards an equally viable but more cost effective product.

On top of the price difference, DC is still riding high on increased interest because of the DCNU stunt. These things mixed with the fact that the new Aquaman book is actually pretty dope, leads to Aquaman looking dominant. But if you look at the numbers, Marvel still made more money than DC, so who really wins?

I'll offer the argument that if Marvel pulled a similar publicity stunt and lowered their prices they would probably command the top ten just like DC is right now.

AQUAMAN's comic beat all MARVEL comics in sales........AQUAMAN!

Who gives a fuck? Who had the ten best selling comic books of the month? DC did. Who made more money? Marvel did. Marvel wins.

That fact that you think losing in unit sales but winning in profit makes them the better company is weird to me. YOU'RE the consumer. Why are you so damn pleased that they're offsetting their hemorrhaging readership with price gouging?

It's not that I'm jumping for joy that Marvel charges so much more for their books, that wasn't the point of what I was saying. I've just been getting annoyed with people throwing around that Aquaman factoid like it's some sort of uncontested domination on DC's part.

Losing in unit sales and winning in profit in some ways DOES make Marvel the better company, business wise, just not better for comic book fans.

^this^ besides when Johns fixes Martian Manhunter after hes done with Aquaman hes gonna run outta Silver Age heroes to revamp and DC's cashcow is gonna dry up

Spoiler:
He's going after Shazam I guess.

And GoZ, come on man. Three of the top ten comics sales wise had Geoff Johns attached to it. You can't tell me it doesn't matter who's name is attached, because it does.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:07 pm

JoeZarro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
JoeZarro wrote:
Fuck my logic? Really?

If you don't want your logic to be fucked don't let it dress like a slut.

Touché

Yellow means sarcasm or sometimes joking.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:36 pm

Thomas wrote:
JoeZarro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
JoeZarro wrote:
Fuck my logic? Really?

Touché

Yellow means sarcasm or sometimes joking.

He knows what it means Thomas.
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Claiming marvel won because they made more money but sold less units is asinine. Thy made more money Because they charge more money for the same product. They didn't have a top ten title sold less units but because their product is more expensive they made more money. That business plan will shoot you in the foot sooner rather than later.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 11:13 pm

GreatWhiteNinja wrote:
Claiming marvel won because they made more money but sold less units is asinine. Thy made more money Because they charge more money for the same product. They didn't have a top ten title sold less units but because their product is more expensive they made more money. That business plan will shoot you in the foot sooner rather than later.

Exactly.

Plus some of their titles come out more than monthly. idk what the schedule is but it's gotta be 3 weekly or something. But they still lost out & didn't have even 1 top 10 book.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:44 am

JoeZarro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
JoeZarro wrote:
Fuck my logic? Really?

Touché

Laughing Also, Joey made a legitimate argument, while being self-deprecating.....kudos, JoeZarro! Captain America

Oh, and also....

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:07 am

Quit hating on Aquaman, jerks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel VS DC: All Media   Marvel VS DC: All Media - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel VS DC: All Media
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3