the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COMING ATTRACTIONS!

Go down 
+21
Tim Radd
PeteWisdom
Gabe_Gray
soupersaying
GreatWhiteNinja
Liquid Sword
Mr.Wholesome
howie024m
bayani
shazam!
TJ
Figga
GoZ
markrocks
DanElectro
Thomas
CaptainJoel
True Believer
Samethard
NoLuv4Hoes
Shadowrenderer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:31 am

Tim Radd wrote:
How dare DC try to entice me with a Phantom Stranger book that I have no choice but to read...fuckin whores.

They're going to reveal his real origin which will probably ruin the character.
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Global
Global
Raziel

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:37 am

Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
How dare DC try to entice me with a Phantom Stranger book that I have no choice but to read...fuckin whores.

They showed his creation in the FCBD issue.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Raziel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Before that he had four possible orgins and we never knew which was correct now they ruined it.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 11:54 pm

Thomas wrote:
Raziel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Before that he had four possible orgins and we never knew which was correct now they ruined it.

I don't think so, I actually really love the idea of him being Judas. Since I read the FCBD issue I've read up a lot on Judas and actually really love his story now.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:43 am

So, Cyberforce returns, with Khoi Pham art!

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 Cyber-force

& apparently Marc Silverstri doing his best Rocafort impression for covers...

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/07/06/cyber-force-returns-is-marc-silvestri-giving-away-the-future/
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 9:03 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
So, Cyberforce returns, with Khoi Pham art!

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 Cyber-force

& apparently Marc Silverstri doing his best Rocafort impression for covers...

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2012/07/06/cyber-force-returns-is-marc-silvestri-giving-away-the-future/

It is cool that Aphrodite is going to be on the team. I wish they hadn't killed off Impact. I also hope it's more than just those four characters.
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:35 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Raziel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

I don't think so, I actually really love the idea of him being Judas. Since I read the FCBD issue I've read up a lot on Judas and actually really love his story now.

I mean...that's kool if you like that. But to me the entire idea behind Phantom Stranger was no one but the higher ups knew who he was. Not even the reader, which to me was awesome as it meant his origin and level of mysterious-ness exceed that of reader knowledge, hell even writer knowledge since know one knew and they thought it was right that no one knew.. The universal man of mystery. and DC thought it was kool to ruin that. so fuck them and Geoff Johns.
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Global
Global
Raziel

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:34 pm

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 356e092176
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Marvel promos are jokes, now.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:06 pm

True Believer wrote:
Marvel promos are jokes.

ftfy
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 12:41 am

Tim Radd wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Raziel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

I mean...that's kool if you like that. But to me the entire idea behind Phantom Stranger was no one but the higher ups knew who he was. Not even the reader, which to me was awesome as it meant his origin and level of mysterious-ness exceed that of reader knowledge, hell even writer knowledge since know one knew and they thought it was right that no one knew.. The universal man of mystery. and DC thought it was kool to ruin that. so fuck them and Geoff Johns.

So, you think no one has the right to come along and add something new and innovative to a character?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:06 am

TJ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Raziel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

So, you think no one has the right to come along and add something new and innovative to a character?

I barely know the character, but just from reading Tim's argument and the character's name, I don't think he should have a definite past. It's cool to do a story about his past and stick to it for awhile, but at some point it should be proven to not be his true origin. It just makes sense that the Phantom Stranger should be a Phantom-like Stranger.

It's like making the Invisible Women not be Invisible. Fine-fine, but don't keep it that way.

Tim, that what you getting at?

Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 2:21 am

I agree with Tim, I like him being a mystery. I liked him almost from the first time I saw him, that weird guy in the hat who'd turn up & kinda sorta help out & piss everyone off cos they think he could have easily "fixed" all the problems... That's how I saw him, anyway...

But I am willing to give Johns the benefit of the doubt cos he's got it right so many times b4 (JSA, GL etc).
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 4:52 am

TJ wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Raziel wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Tim Radd wrote:

Not if it's an unneccesary change that ruins/takes away one of if not the biggest quality about the character that would interest people to like him. It's like making Superman a douche anti hero, or Batman cheerful/optimistic only does shit in the daytime kinda guy.

You want to add something new? write a new story that tells things from a different perspective of said character. There are plenty of ways to make characters more appealing to a general audience than just rebooting their entire existence.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 12:57 pm

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 Tumblr_m1vr7fRdkv1qdep0so1_400

Looking at this costume some more I think it wouldn't be too bad if the extended the gloves and boots to where her current costume has them and get rid of the sleeves and pant legs.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 9:12 pm

Thomas wrote:
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 Tumblr_m1vr7fRdkv1qdep0so1_400

Looking at this costume some more I think it wouldn't be too bad if the extended the gloves and boots to where her current costume has them and get rid of the sleeves and pant legs.

I like the new costume the way it is honestly, just have no idea why they felt they needed to give her a haircut.
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Global
Global
Raziel

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 1:27 pm

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 000i
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 000z
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 001-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 003-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 005-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 006-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 010-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 012-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 013-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 016-2
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 018-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 019-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 020-3
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 021-2
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 022-2
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 023-2
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 024-1
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 025
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 026
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 027
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 028
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 036
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 037
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 038
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 040
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 041
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 042
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 043
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 055
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 058
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 059
COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 066
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 8:37 pm

COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 000z

The end of an era? Really? Because they're getting new #1? How often has Marvel done that over the last 5 to 10 years?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:46 pm

How's Captain American only on #19? Brubaker and Epting have been on that alot longer than 19 months, haven't they?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:04 pm

True Believer wrote:
How's Captain American only on #19? Brubaker and Epting have been on that alot longer than 19 months, haven't they?

The book they were on got turned to Captain America #600 and then changed to Captain America And .
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Global
Global
Raziel

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:54 pm

I see an Era ending with Brubaker leaving Cap, it'd be like Johns leaving GL.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Raziel wrote:
I see an Era ending with Brubaker leaving Cap, it'd be like Johns leaving GL.

that IS the worst part. his Cap is the best since marc gruenwald.

plus we have fraction leaving Ironman?

these two guys have done so much for their characters that i am afraid to see what happens when they leave.

Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 5:56 am

Fraction leaving Iron Man
Brubaker leaving Cap
Hickman leaving Fantastic Four

What's the point in reading Marvel anymore, lol?
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Fraction leaving Iron Man
Brubaker leaving Cap
Hickman leaving Fantastic Four

What's the point in reading Marvel anymore, lol?

Global
Raziel

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 05, 2012 9:39 pm

some of the upcoming Marvel NOW books

ALL-NEW X-MEN (writer: Brian Bendis, artist: Stuart Immonen)

AVENGERS (writer: Jonathan Hickman, artist: Jerome Opena)

CAPTAIN AMERICA (writer: Rick Remender, artist: John Romita Jr.)

DEADPOOL (writer: Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan, artist: Tony Moore)

FANTASTIC FOUR (writer: Matt Fraction, artist: Mark Bagley)

FF (writer: Matt Fraction, artist: Mike Allred)

HULK (writer: Mark Waid, artist: Leinil Francis Yu)

IRON MAN (writer: Kieron Gillen, artist: Greg Land)

NEW AVENGERS (writer: Jonathan Hickman, artist: Steve Epting)

THOR (writer: Jason Aaron, artist: Esad Ribic)

UNCANNY AVENGERS (writer: Rick Remender, artist: John Cassady)

X-MEN LEGACY (writer: Simon Spurrier, artist: Tan Eng Huat)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMING ATTRACTIONS!   COMING ATTRACTIONS! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

COMING ATTRACTIONS!
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next