the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help?

Go down 
+4
shazam!
GoZ
CaptainJoel
minimalist
8 posters
AuthorMessage
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Help?   Help? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:37 pm

Does anyone remember a book (It was a maxi series by DC I believe) where it was like the Golden or Silver age of heroes and there was a Superman type character that goes crazy or something and goes on a killing spree. All the heroes gather together to fight him in one last epic battle... I just can't remember the damn name of the book and its driving me nutS!!
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 11:54 pm

Was it recent? If so, I think you're thinking of Irredeemable.... But I don't think it ended yet.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:21 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Was it recent? If so, I think you're thinking of Irredeemable.... But I don't think it ended yet.

No it wasnt really recent, and it definitely wasnt Irredeemable. I'd say it was a good 7 to 10 years ago even. For some reason I keep thinking it was Kurt Busiek... but I'm almost positive I'm wrong about that. I remember a part during the climax of the story where all the heroes are fighting him and he slams his hands together and its like a huge bomb going off. Dammit I wanna read that story again...
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:33 am

minimalist wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

No it wasnt really recent, and it definitely wasnt Irredeemable. I'd say it was a good 7 to 10 years ago even. For some reason I keep thinking it was Kurt Busiek... but I'm almost positive I'm wrong about that. I remember a part during the climax of the story where all the heroes are fighting him and he slams his hands together and its like a huge bomb going off. Dammit I wanna read that story again...

Was it JSA:The Golden Age?
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:40 am

GoZ wrote:
minimalist wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

HOLY SHIT!!!! YESSSSSS THANK YOU!!! HA! I love the ARA!.
I'm gonna read the entire thing tonight!!
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:46 am

minimalist wrote:
GoZ wrote:
minimalist wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

You're welcome, bro....for the record, I thought it was Busiek also, but it's James Robinson....
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 am

That is a good elseworlds story
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 12:59 am

GoZ wrote:
minimalist wrote:
GoZ wrote:
minimalist wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

You're welcome, bro....for the record, I thought it was Busiek also, but it's James Robinson....

drink! high five drink! I remember being blown away when I read that book. I had just read the entire run of Astro City right before that and I remember thinking how similar it felt. Its definitely one of my favorite Elseworld stories ever.

Did anyone ever request it in the OQL? I want everyone to enjoy this book.

That is yet another drink I owe you Brotther.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 1:08 am

You can't go past a super-powered Hitler story!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

Help? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help?   Help? EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 am

Here's some help...