the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)

Go down 
+12
fourly
Shadowrenderer
GoZ
Figga
Brian21
True Believer
markrocks
Liquid Sword
PeteWisdom
Thomas
CaptainJoel
TJ
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 49

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:50 pm

Raziel wrote:
GoZ wrote:
Raziel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Raziel wrote:
R.I.P as everyone knows, although I did like the recent tie-in. The new Grifter is pretty meh to me.

Raziel! 'Bout time you joined the ranks of the Ara. Welcome.

thank you

FUCK YEAH! RAZ IS IN THE HOUSE! WELCOME BUDDY! Captain America

cheers

Handshake
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 pm

back in Brad Metzlers Justice League did he ever finish the story about the 13 immortals?

what a waist of a set up if he didnt.

Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:30 pm

markrocks wrote:

back in Brad Metzlers Justice League did he ever finish the story about the 13 immortals?

I remember Meltzer's JL run pretty well . . . What happened involving 13 immortals?
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:55 pm

True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

I remember Meltzer's JL run pretty well . . . What happened involving 13 immortals?

it was a set up to some larger thing he was going to do. its the reason why they stole the red tornados body. T.O morrow said somrthing about it. then smart Grundy did. it was vague.

Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:48 pm

markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

it was a set up to some larger thing he was going to do. its the reason why they stole the red tornados body. T.O morrow said somrthing about it. then smart Grundy did. it was vague.

are you talking about Per Degaton, Old school Despero and Ultra-Humanite's time crew or whatever?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:55 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

are you talking about Per Degaton, Old school Despero and Ultra-Humanite's time crew or whatever?

Speaking of that run, they never got around to revealing info about Dr. Impossible. That evil Mr. Miracle or whatever.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

Speaking of that run, they never got around to revealing info about Dr. Impossible. That evil Mr. Miracle or whatever.

the only storylines that actually got resolved was Vixen's powers, the JLA parts of Lightning Saga and Red Tornado gettin tricked by smart Grundy. Meltzer's run had so many plot holes and dangling strings left over by the end of it its insane.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:23 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

the only storylines that actually got resolved was Vixen's powers, the JLA parts of Lightning Saga and Red Tornado gettin tricked by smart Grundy. Meltzer's run had so many plot holes and dangling strings left over by the end of it its insane.

YEAH, thats my problem with that whole Metzler run.

Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 11:35 pm

this

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 CurrentJLA
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 8:40 am

markrocks wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

yeah just all that shit they eluded to in JLA#0 that never came to light alone is enough to be like wtf?!?!?!? I did enjoy alot of things in Meltzer's run and the way he wrote the characters but it just seems like he tried to do too much and DC was like look bruh A+ for effort but we got other plans

OH and the Robinson JLA? MAJOR let down not cuz none of it was good but it had like no real impact and that team was together for what an issue? There was just too many OH SNAP GUESS WHO'S JLA NOW moments that had no real pay off. Does anyone even count Golden Guardian and Starfire as former JLA members? or Reservists or anything? From the guy who brought us JSA Returns and Starman I just expected a helluva lot more out of Robinson on a title like JLA. I know w/ DCnU the point is moot now but you get my rantings.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

yeah just all that shit they eluded to in JLA#0 that never came to light alone is enough to be like wtf?!?!?!? I did enjoy alot of things in Meltzer's run and the way he wrote the characters but it just seems like he tried to do too much and DC was like look bruh A+ for effort but we got other plans

OH and the Robinson JLA? MAJOR let down not cuz none of it was good but it had like no real impact and that team was together for what an issue? There was just too many OH SNAP GUESS WHO'S JLA NOW moments that had no real pay off. Does anyone even count Golden Guardian and Starfire as former JLA members? or Reservists or anything? From the guy who brought us JSA Returns and Starman I just expected a helluva lot more out of Robinson on a title like JLA. I know w/ DCnU the point is moot now but you get my rantings.
Yeah, I completely agree on Robinson JLA. I just read that a while ago and I expected SO MUCH MORE.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 6:08 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

Seemed like Meltzer was just just giving material for other writers to use if they wanted. DC never really did anything with those open story-lines though.
Back to top Go down
markrocks
The Alpha
The Alpha
markrocks

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
markrocks wrote:
True Believer wrote:
markrocks wrote:

Seemed like Meltzer was just just giving material for other writers to use if they wanted. DC never really did anything with those open story-lines though.

JLA/titans looks good on paper. think about it. Supes is on a walk. Wonder woman lost her mind Bats is dead, and GL is tied up in space.
it was the perfect time to promote the og sidekicks. the tag line should have been something like "the future is now". they even had Bagley on art. DC never gave Robinson a chance he had to deal with to many "events" to give his team a voice in the DCU.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)   You Were Dissapointed.....(comics) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

You Were Dissapointed.....(comics)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: