the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R.E.B.E.L.S.

Go down 
+2
Thomas
minimalist
6 posters
AuthorMessage
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 2:28 pm

This book is turning out to be the best story in comics out today. Is anyone loving this book as much as I am??
I hope so because I would love to discuss ideas, history, theories, and oppinions.

They handled the introduction of this new Starro PERFECTLY! They took the established history, and made it better then it ever was. Starro has now become my favorite antagonist in all of comics rivaled only by Lucifer. Vril Dox is back baby, I loved all the characters from L.E.G.I.O.N. The single ONLY thing I think that could make this story better at all would be to put Lobo in it. I still have my fingers crossed for that. I don't know if he's still stuck in hell somewhere, but I hopethey find a way to bring him in here.
Starro seems to have his sights set on earth... I'm thinking theres goingto be a huge war if/when he makes it to Earth.

If this same creative team were to handle that story I can see it being better then Sinestro Corps Wars, Annihilation, all the Crisis books, and that crappy Skrull invasion all put together.

man... I'm excited! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm

and holy shit!!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:04 pm

minimalist wrote:
and holy shit!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Thomas wrote:
minimalist wrote:
and holy shit!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:42 pm

Thomas wrote:
minimalist wrote:
and holy shit!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

did you catch Despero in Batman/Superman Public Enemies

he was one of the random villains during the drawn out fight scene where villains kept coming and coming
he was coupled with low class villains like Cottonmouth

i dont think they showed it but somehow he got pawned in that battle, whether Batman hit him with a batarang or superman one shotted him, either way its shenanigans No
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 7:16 pm

REEF aka Luke Cage wrote:
Thomas wrote:
minimalist wrote:
and holy shit!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

he was one of the random villains during the drawn out fight scene where villains kept coming and coming

i dont think they showed it but somehow he got pawned in that battle, whether Batman hit him with a batarang or superman one shotted him, either way its shenanigans No

Yeah. That made me say "What the fuck?" out loud.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:06 pm

shazam! wrote:
Thomas wrote:
minimalist wrote:
and holy shit!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah I hate when they don't take into account strength levels. They think that just because a character has super strength, even if it's barely elevated like Captain America, then that means they can hurt someone in say Superman's league. They also seem to think Batman's explosives are somehow much more powerful then everyone elses. Why would a bomb used by Batman work against Despero who's taken on the whole League before and has taken hits from guys like Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Lobo?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 9:18 pm

Blackest Night Spoiler
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Thomas wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Thomas wrote:
minimalist wrote:
and holy shit!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Yeah I hate when they don't take into account strength levels. They think that just because a character has super strength, even if it's barely elevated like Captain America, then that means they can hurt someone in say Superman's league. They also seem to think Batman's explosives are somehow much more powerful then everyone elses. Why would a bomb used by Batman work against Despero who's taken on the whole League before and has taken hits from guys like Superman, Martian Manhunter, and Lobo?

man, im glad you brought this up Thomas
i know Batman is mr. preparation and no superpowers is part of his appeal and all
but Public Enemies took it to a whooooooole nother level
to the point where it annoyed me, and it never has before, except for the Darkseid thing awhile back

....but he shot down Captain Marvel which is just bullocks, pwned Grundy, and god knows how many other heavyweights he pwned in that big melee, i saw King Shark and so many others.....i mean, really?
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 3:57 pm

Thomas wrote:
Blackest Night Spoiler
Spoiler:

Thank GOD!!! For a sec before I opened that I honestly thought I was gonna see

Spoiler:

And I believe that Starro is the biggest threat in the universe. More so then all the spectrums of the lantern even Black.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyThu Oct 15, 2009 5:56 pm

minimalist wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 12:05 pm

Does no one else love this book as much as I do?

IS THERE NO ONE ELSE???
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 9:55 pm

minimalist wrote:
Does no one else love this book as much as I do?

IS THERE NO ONE ELSE???

I love it but I want them to ditch the boring characters. I love that Adam Strange and Comet were in the last issue.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptySat Nov 07, 2009 12:27 am

I love it, but find myself waiting for Dox to reclaim L.E.G.I.O.N., which I'm sure he will, I'm just being impatient. Vril Dox is the guy you Love to Hate! I like the inclusion of The Omega Men, but the combining of the 2 is making me want LOBO! I guess, what I'm saying is, this book consistently has me saying, "COME ON!......... COME ON!"..........which is good.....Thomas, who do you consider "boring"?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 2:18 pm

GoZ wrote:
I love it, but find myself waiting for Dox to reclaim L.E.G.I.O.N., which I'm sure he will, I'm just being impatient. Vril Dox is the guy you Love to Hate! I like the inclusion of The Omega Men, but the combining of the 2 is making me want LOBO! I guess, what I'm saying is, this book consistently has me saying, "COME ON!......... COME ON!"..........which is good.....Thomas, who do you consider "boring"?

Bounder mostly. I want Tigorr to join and ditch the rest of the Omega Men the only other one of the Omega Men I like is Broot and he's too similar to Strata so he's not necessary. I just want the team to be made into a team as awesome as the Guardians of the Galaxy is for Marvel, although they shouldn't have killed so many of the cool characters in the most recent issue, but at least Marvel has enough awesome cosmic characters to fill at least 5 teams. I just want to see all my favorite DC cosmic heroes on the same team. Strange Adventures got my hopes up but was a major disappointment.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:31 pm

GoZ wrote:

Brother you have NO idea how much them to bring Lobo into this series. If he comes in, that would place this up near Action Comics 775 for me.
I just cant get over how great of a job they've done with Starro.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Speaking of, have you checked out, "Lobo: Highway to Hell," GoZ? I know, it's expensive as hell but it's on high quality paper and there's no ads. Sam Keith is on art.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 12:11 am

True Believer wrote:
Speaking of, have you checked out, "Lobo: Highway to Hell," GoZ? I know, it's expensive as hell but it's on high quality paper and there's no ads. Sam Keith is on art.

I probably will, eventually....I like Sam Keith's stuff, but not his Lobo, for some reason....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty
PostSubject: Re: R.E.B.E.L.S.   R.E.B.E.L.S. Empty

Back to top Go down

R.E.B.E.L.S.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: