the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Batgirl

Go down 
+9
MJ
PeteWisdom
NoLuv4Hoes
TJ
GoZ
Tim Radd
CaptainJoel
Liquid Sword
True Believer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:56 am

Jim! wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Stephanie's new costume:
Don't mind the costume, even if the Liefeld pouch strap around the leg is stupid looking. I don't like that it's one more step toward Stephanie being Batgirl permanently, though.

I don't like this book. It's just crappy and I want cass back.
I think I have been one of the few Spoiler/Stephanie fans mainly because her origin made more sense to me than Cassie's did. Since the original batgirl, was only a good fighter and not a great one and made some bonehead mistakes , this iteratation of Batgirl sort of recapture that feeling. Steph has talent, but is prone to making mistakes in judgement. She has some training with bruce and tim, but not enough to make her great. I hope Babs decides to mentor her. Steph was once robin, she deserves a chance to be batgirl. As for cass, maybe she'll become the new nightwing.

i like where jim is headed here, i mean aside from the i'm super loyal to batman and who the fuck is my mom aspects of cassandra she was never that deep a character. yeah her origin trumps stephanie's but stephanie's more relatable and her personality and flaws i think will lead her to some interesting adventures, similar to robin's solo book b4 batman died. i would like to see what cass is up to these days but for now i dont really mind a bit of fresh air into the batgirl mantle. hey ya know what i wonder what misfit thinks about all this
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 4:00 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Jim! wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Stephanie's new costume:
Don't mind the costume, even if the Liefeld pouch strap around the leg is stupid looking. I don't like that it's one more step toward Stephanie being Batgirl permanently, though.

I don't like this book. It's just crappy and I want cass back.
I think I have been one of the few Spoiler/Stephanie fans mainly because her origin made more sense to me than Cassie's did. Since the original batgirl, was only a good fighter and not a great one and made some bonehead mistakes , this iteratation of Batgirl sort of recapture that feeling. Steph has talent, but is prone to making mistakes in judgement. She has some training with bruce and tim, but not enough to make her great. I hope Babs decides to mentor her. Steph was once robin, she deserves a chance to be batgirl. As for cass, maybe she'll become the new nightwing.

i like where jim is headed here, i mean aside from the i'm super loyal to batman and who the fuck is my mom aspects of cassandra she was never that deep a character. yeah her origin trumps stephanie's but stephanie's more relatable and her personality and flaws i think will lead her to some interesting adventures, similar to robin's solo book b4 batman died. i would like to see what cass is up to these days but for now i dont really mind a bit of fresh air into the batgirl mantle. hey ya know what i wonder what misfit thinks about all this

Cassandra isn't really that deep, but she isn't boring. Which is how I feel about Steph. She doesn't interest me. Cassandra is like Shiva but actually apart of the Bat family. She's a wildcard that adds to a group better than Stephanie.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:45 am

a wildcard? cassandra is kinda predictable to me she shows up, kicks everyone ass problem solved. not bashing her cuz she was an awesome batgirl but how often do you really believe shes in deep shit? she fuckin aced lady shiva, you can treally fuck with a cat whos done that. steph has more flaws which bring that "who u gonna get urself outta this shit?" quality i dig in bat books, cass didnt really have that cuz she can kick pretty much anyone's ass.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:50 am

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
a wildcard? cassandra is kinda predictable to me she shows up, kicks everyone ass problem solved. not bashing her cuz she was an awesome batgirl but how often do you really believe shes in deep shit? she fuckin aced lady shiva, you can treally fuck with a cat whos done that. steph has more flaws which bring that "who u gonna get urself outta this shit?" quality i dig in bat books, cass didnt really have that cuz she can kick pretty much anyone's ass.

Idk, I like her because she represented the "I can do anything" mentality that a lot of the Bat books started having closer to Bruce's death. Since Batman started preparing for anything, it would make sense that he saw potential in a person who could anticipate any move and tick during combat.

I agree that Cassie started to lose depth when she learned how to speak, but there is still a chance when she could go overboard and just go ape shit on someone. Which doesn't represent the Batman code at all.
Back to top Go down
MJ
The Alpha
The Alpha
MJ

Female Age : 38

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:03 am

i like stephanie brown as batgirl. i love cassandra cain and she is my all time favorite character in the batman family, but i do think with the many role changes that happened she needed to step out of the batgirl mantle and into something different (which i'm very much looking forward to seeing in 2010). while steph may not be the most popular choice, i think she makes the most sense and has the most potential for character growth and development, as well as getting more reactions out of barbara.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 5:07 am

MJ wrote:
i like stephanie brown as batgirl. i love cassandra cain and she is my all time favorite character in the batman family, but i do think with the many role changes that happened she needed to step out of the batgirl mantle and into something different (which i'm very much looking forward to seeing in 2010). while steph may not be the most popular choice, i think she makes the most sense and has the most potential for character growth and development, as well as getting more reactions out of barbara.

True, this is a chance for her to grow and get ppl like me to respect her more. But as of issue two, I'm still not interested. I thought Barbara's bitter reaction and overall shitty attitude towards Stephanie was kind of dumb. I thought they had already gotten over Barbara's bitterness in the Birds of Prey series. I feel like she's more mature than how she was written in Batgirl #2.
Back to top Go down

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 1:52 am

Liquid Sword wrote:
MJ wrote:

True, this is a chance for her to grow and get ppl like me to respect her more. But as of issue two, I'm still not interested. I thought Barbara's bitter reaction and overall shitty attitude towards Stephanie was kind of dumb. I thought they had already gotten over Barbara's bitterness in the Birds of Prey series. I feel like she's more mature than how she was written in Batgirl #2.
It looks like Steph might be changing her costume to look closer to babs, Batgirl then Cass's. I think it's too early to say how this series will shake out, I'll give it a few more issues befoer I decide yay or nay
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:09 am

Jim! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
MJ wrote:

It looks like Steph might be changing her costume to look closer to babs, Batgirl then Cass's. I think it's too early to say how this series will shake out, I'll give it a few more issues befoer I decide yay or nay

I'm gonna be the minority and say that I kinda like Steph as Batgirl, sure she may not be the best choice or even worthy of it but I think that's what's intriguing about her being Batgirl and I hope Babs does mentor her because that's what Steph needs

also I hope they pit Steph against Black Mask
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:20 am

Not gonna lie I'd much rather see Cassandra taking down the League of Assassins, leading the Network, or otherwise kicking ass in the spirit of Bruce. It'd be alright if Stephanie had a co-feature in said book, but her own solo? I can only find her ineptitude endearing for so long.

I also wouldn't mind a team book with Cassandra, Stephanie, Speedy, and Misfit, mentored by Babs (Since there are no more Birds of Prey.) Such a book with someone like Gail Simone or Fabian Niceza writing would surely be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 2:27 am

True Believer wrote:
Not gonna lie I'd much rather see Cassandra taking down the League of Assassins, leading the Network, or otherwise kicking ass in the spirit of Bruce. It'd be alright if Stephanie had a co-feature in said book, but her own solo? I can only find her ineptitude endearing for so long.

I also wouldn't mind a team book with Cassandra, Stephanie, Speedy, and Misfit, mentored by Babs (Since there are no more Birds of Prey.) Such a book with someone like Gail Simone or Fabian Niceza writing would surely be awesome.

I think a Network series would be pretty cool
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:15 am

True Believer wrote:

some good books ideas mang, i think its totally wack theres no longer a birds of prey team that book was consistently solid and theres plenty of other shit out there that should of got the axe in its place.

about Steph though i think seeing her ineptitude as batgirl intially is what will make the book grasping enough for us to stick around and see her really step her game up. i mean shit look at how many times robin stepped in deep shit or got his ass handed to him by a superior fighter and now hes on some total other shit, hes on the next level. i think the only way were gonna see that and get quality stories at the sametime is for stephanie brown to have her own solo, if its not permanent whatever thats cool but i just want it around til it gets to that point.
Back to top Go down
munson!
Highlander!
Highlander!
munson!

Male Age : 35

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
People care about Batgirl and Stephanie Brown?

ha ha ha i know right?
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 11:07 am

munson! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

ha ha ha i know right?

I care about Cassandra but Sephanie, I wish she would have stayed dead.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 4:22 am

Thomas wrote:
munson! wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:

ha ha ha i know right?

I care about Cassandra but Sephanie, I wish she would have stayed dead.

im glad shes not dead, that death was horribly written and was so out of character for Dr. Leslie to have done, it was just stupid to me. if they wanted steph out of the picture at the time they could of just put her in a coma or something.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Batgirl - Page 2 Mythoughtsexactly

I'm still pretty much just reading this for Babs, but I hope Damian shows up more, too.

Batgirl - Page 2 Whatchest
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:57 pm

So do I!

I want Damian to kill her.
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Damian is so awesome.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:01 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
So do I!

Whats so wrong with Stephanie?
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:10 am

TJ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
So do I!

I like her.

yall just some haters.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:37 am

shazam! wrote:
TJ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
So do I!

I like her.

yall just some haters.

No, I just think it would be fucking hilarious. I haven't laughed so hard at a comic since when I first read Nextwave.

I would at least like Damian to come after her with a knife.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 1:45 am

shazam! wrote:
TJ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
So do I!

I like her.

yall just some haters.

^this^ i def think theres gonna be alot of motherfuckers get tight faced and salty for having such pigheaded haterness towards this book b4 it even got up and running its shaping up to be aight so far
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 12:33 pm

I don't hate this book. It's got Babs in it and I could never hate a book with Babs. But I do think Spoiler/Batgirl's a shitty character. And that's not some sentiment I developed when she fucked up during the War Games arc or her lackluster stint as Robin. I think I can date back my hatred of her to when she was a supporting character in Robin's book and during Cataclysm she actually had the sack to say "You got a bad case of the Stephs."

It would be nice to see how much every vigilante in Gotham hates her, but I'm sure during the course of this book she'll develop as a character, grow as a person, yadda yadda and all that.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 3:36 pm

TB i dont wanna put u on blast in anyway, shape or form but if you're not one one of those dudes i was talking about why did you feel the need to explain yourself? you know your my boy but i just had to keep it real on that one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Batgirl - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Batgirl   Batgirl - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Batgirl
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2