the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Panther Cartoon

Go down 
+3
REEF aka Luke Cage
Shaun
True Believer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Black Panther Cartoon Empty
PostSubject: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 12:51 pm

Article, here.

Apparently this was anounced back in April, but I'm just hearing about it. As excited as I would be about this, the fact that Weggie's writing and BET's producing makes it (potentially) full of fail. I mean, when's the last time BET has produced any good show?

Last edited by True Believer on Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 4:36 pm

True Believer wrote:
Article, here.

Apparently this was anounced back in April, but I'm just hearing about it. As excited as I would be about this, the fact that Weggie's writing and BET's producing makes it (potentially) full of fail. I mean, when's the last time BET has produced any good show?

ok that would probably be the most unintentionally funny cartoon ever
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 4:43 pm

Shaun wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Article, here.

i have a feeling that cosmic armbars are soon to ensue
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 5:12 pm

REEF aka Luke Cage wrote:
Shaun wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Article, here.

and the ebony sword and the time frogs too
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:07 pm

Shaun wrote:
REEF aka Luke Cage wrote:
Shaun wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Article, here.

and the ebony sword and the time frogs too

god that FF story...seriously WTF

its so bad its funny

i found it entertaining (even moreso than the armbar) that Black Panther effortlessly navigates his way through the vacuum of space....by.....JUMPING from asteroid to asteroid!!! BUH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

and i found it funny that Storm's powers worked in space where...say it with my class

THERE IS NOT ATMOSPHERE!!!!!

McDuffie even went out of his way to make special note that Storms powers work BETTER in space!?!?

give him a hand everybody

Black Panther Cartoon Applause4
Back to top Go down
JustChris
Youngling
Youngling
JustChris

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:54 pm

I only know Huddlin from banned Boondocks episodes so I didn't know that he actually wrote the Black Panther comic.

Apparently the arguing about the book was so heated and sometimes racially charged, that for awhile CBR actually banned any BP discussion on their boards. As for his actual work the only things that I could find were a panel where Dr. Doom pulled a Jimmy the Greek and a discussion about a story where BP and other black superheroes fought racist vampires in New Orleans.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 5:48 am

JustChris wrote:
I only know Huddlin from banned Boondocks episodes so I didn't know that he actually wrote the Black Panther comic.

Apparently the arguing about the book was so heated and sometimes racially charged, that for awhile CBR actually banned any BP discussion on their boards. As for his actual work the only things that I could find were a panel where Dr. Doom pulled a Jimmy the Greek and a discussion about a story where BP and other black superheroes fought racist vampires in New Orleans.

Yeah it was actually pretty crazy. I read some of them, basically Tony Stark was the epitome of the White Man holding a brother down in the Civil War tie ins and such.

I mean everyone says Stark was a dick in CW and other tie ins... that was NOTHING compared to how he was portrayed by Hudlin.

Ugh, then the Adventures of BP featuring the Fantastic 4 run was bad too. More Golden Frog cameos... and Zombies. Yes.... Marvel Zombies.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 7:07 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
JustChris wrote:

Yeah it was actually pretty crazy. I read some of them, basically Tony Stark was the epitome of the White Man holding a brother down in the Civil War tie ins and such.

I mean everyone says Stark was a dick in CW and other tie ins... that was NOTHING compared to how he was portrayed by Hudlin.

Ugh, then the Adventures of BP featuring the Fantastic 4 run was bad too. More Golden Frog cameos... and Zombies. Yes.... Marvel Zombies.

That wasn't Hudlin.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 7:41 am

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
JustChris wrote:

That wasn't Hudlin.

Which one? Civil War or Zombies?

I'll agree to Civil War, since I'm not certain, but Zombies definitely was.

Either way, both were racist.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:39 am

PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
JustChris wrote:

That wasn't Hudlin.

The F4 run was McDuffie. And while it certainly wasn't stellar I don't think it was racist.
Back to top Go down
JustChris
Youngling
Youngling
JustChris

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 12:41 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
JustChris wrote:

Thanks for the info. From what I've read of BP's involvement in Civil War it feels like BP was involved because he didn't agree with the policy, not because of racism. Like this segment from an article on the reprinting of BP #22

"Visiting Namor in Atlantis as a part of their World Tour/Honeymoon, T'Challa and Ororo are persuaded by Namor to take a stand in the escalating Civil War ripping through America. The possibility of Iron Man's plan for a Unites States overrun by militaristic super heroes cannot be allowed. Civil War is about to get International."
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 4:28 pm

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
JustChris wrote:

That wasn't Hudlin.

The F4 run was McDuffie. And while it certainly wasn't stellar I don't think it was racist.

Yeah... no..

I was talking about BLACK PANTHER

the ongoing book
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 6:53 pm

I don't want to see it really...

Which is kind of sad because I think it'll be okay.
Back to top Go down
Jerk
Rogue
Rogue
Jerk

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 9:30 pm

This show will be compelling. I can't wait, I have more reason to watch BET than I did before! Basketball
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:34 am

JustChris wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
JustChris wrote:

Thanks for the info. From what I've read of BP's involvement in Civil War it feels like BP was involved because he didn't agree with the policy, not because of racism. Like this segment from an article on the reprinting of BP #22

"Visiting Namor in Atlantis as a part of their World Tour/Honeymoon, T'Challa and Ororo are persuaded by Namor to take a stand in the escalating Civil War ripping through America. The possibility of Iron Man's plan for a Unites States overrun by militaristic super heroes cannot be allowed. Civil War is about to get International."

Yeah but Starks level of Dickery was LEAGUES above any other Dickery he portrayed in ANY other crossover.

I mean, they might as well have just pulled a Kanye and say "so and so poiltical figure doesn't like black people"
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 9:00 am

I still really want to know how Marvel could live with itself publishing Hudlin's crap.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:49 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
I still really want to know how Marvel could live with itself publishing Hudlin's crap.

you know whats weird though,

I just found out he wrote some Marvel Knights Spider-Man issues,

and I happen to remember enjoying them.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:04 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Whoa, he did didn't he?

I forgot about all that... maybe he just really thought since he was writing a black hero he had to make it all about Race.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:15 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Whoa, he did didn't he?

I forgot about all that... maybe he just really thought since he was writing a black hero he had to make it all about Race.

Yeah, he also wrote some of the "Other" issues.

But the main one I was talking about was the whole... umm arc with the Skrull who was a mock Superman, who dressed as a gimp, and loved Jesus.

I'll admit, I liked it.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:19 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Whoa, he did didn't he?

But the main one I was talking about was the whole... umm arc with the Skrull who was a mock Superman, who dressed as a gimp, and loved Jesus.

I'll admit, I liked it.

0_0

Ah, okay... I don't quite remember that one...

but I'll take your word on it.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:19 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Whoa, he did didn't he?

I'll admit, I liked it.

At first I thought you meant the Mark Millar/Terry Dodson issues. Those were great. But Hudlin's weren't too bad, either.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 4:49 pm

True Believer wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
PeteWisdom wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Whoa, he did didn't he?

I'll admit, I liked it.

At first I thought you meant the Mark Millar/Terry Dodson issues. Those were great. But Hudlin's weren't too bad, either.

Yeah, most of it was, kinda eh about the whole Venom thing. But for the most part, I thoroughly enjoyed them.

But yeah, recently at the rents and unearthed those Marvel Knights Spidey, and all my Squadron Supreme Power issues.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Panther Cartoon   Black Panther Cartoon Empty

Back to top Go down

Black Panther Cartoon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: