the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel vs DC

Go down 
+11
howie024m
CaptainJoel
TJ
bayani
Thomas
NoLuv4Hoes
Mr.Wholesome
GoZ
Brian21
shazam!
True Believer
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which company is currently better?
Marvel
Marvel vs DC Thvotebarleft25%Marvel vs DC Thvotebarright
 25% [ 5 ]
DC
Marvel vs DC Thvotebarleft75%Marvel vs DC Thvotebarright
 75% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 pm

Marvel vs DC Marvel-vs-dc

I'm sure we've been over this multiple times before, but it's always good to check up on the Big 2 and compare. So, as of this point in 2009 which company is doing superior work (quality-wise, disregard sales.)
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 10:56 pm

DC.

Marvel seems to be doing okay, but I haven't really been reading.
Back to top Go down
Brian21
Rogue
Rogue
Brian21

Male Age : 36

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:02 pm

shazam! wrote:
DC.

Marvel seems to be doing okay, but I haven't really been reading.

I'm in the same boat you are. I don't consider myself an exclusive to either company and I keep an open mind on comics. I've always leaned a bit more toward DC anyway, but I do also like some Marvel titles like Deadpool and Spider-Man. But lately, the only Marvel books I've been picking up are Deadpool titles since OMD and BND kinda killed Spidey for me. I've been loving all of the Batman titles for what seems like forever, and Blackest Night is looking like it's gonna be badass beyond reason imo. So my vote is for DC.
Back to top Go down
GoZ
The Main Man
The Main Man
GoZ

Male Age : 50

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:07 pm

DC....I used to be a major Marvel Zombie, back in the day. Now, however, I just enjoy DC's characters more. JSA was a great run, up until Johns left (jury is still out on the book as it is, now), and Green Lantern is AWESOME, as evidenced by how many people who were never big fans, are picking up the book. I mainly read DC, because, honestly, I could give a rat's ass about whether or not, the main character can pay his bills, or their love life is in the shitter. I read comics for escapism, and Marvel has been a huge letdown, for me, lately....
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:10 pm

I don't know DC well enough to answer this. I suspect DC is better. Marvel seems very attached to the idea that "shocking" equals "good" these days. I don't want to give up on my X-books but the rest of the Marvel Universe, except Incredible Hercules and War of Kings, is pretty much dead to me at the moment.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:14 pm

I think Marvel's doing alright right now. Their "banner event" Dark Reign is going well. Its main flaw is it's a little too far-reaching and we get titles that never needed to exist like "Savage She-Hulk" or "Sinister Spider-Man" or "Dark X-Men: Beginnings." But some are actually good, like the Hawkeye mini, Elektra, and even Dark Wolverine.

Also, their ongoings are doing pretty well, Spider-Man is doing awesome, especially since Character Assassination and the X-Titles are doing good, at least Utopia is getting off to a good start and Dark Avengers i actually interesting.

However, they really can't compare to what DC is doing right now. It's like every corner of the universe is doing incredible epic stories. All of the Bat-family titles, new and old, are doing better than they've done in a while. Superman, Action Comics, and World of New Krypton is incredible. I don't even need to mention Green Lantern, or the Flash for that matter. Even Justice League. I know alot of people haven't been fans of McDuffie's run but I think he ended it well and "Cry for Justice" is promising . . . Kind of.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:33 pm

DC= Dominating Comics
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:36 pm

I like both but the quaility goes to DC.
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:45 pm

True Believer wrote:
I think Marvel's doing alright right now. Their "banner event" Dark Reign is going well. Its main flaw is it's a little too far-reaching and we get titles that never needed to exist like "Savage She-Hulk" or "Sinister Spider-Man" or "Dark X-Men: Beginnings." But some are actually good, like the Hawkeye mini, Elektra, and even Dark Wolverine.

Also, their ongoings are doing pretty well, Spider-Man is doing awesome, especially since Character Assassination and the X-Titles are doing good, at least Utopia is getting off to a good start and Dark Avengers i actually interesting.

However, they really can't compare to what DC is doing right now. It's like every corner of the universe is doing incredible epic stories. All of the Bat-family titles, new and old, are doing better than they've done in a while. Superman, Action Comics, and World of New Krypton is incredible. I don't even need to mention Green Lantern, or the Flash for that matter. Even Justice League. I know alot of people haven't been fans of McDuffie's run but I think he ended it well and "Cry for Justice" is promising . . . Kind of.
I think you've hit all the major factors. Given this I'd say DCis better right now.

Only thing I rake issue in is your opinion on Sinister SM. It may not be integral to the story or as good as Hawkeye, but it's pretty funny. I think it gives perspective to the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:46 pm

I read both, but honestly Marvel hasn't been pulling much lately except in the space area. DC has me coming back each week to read onto the next story and honestly I dropped a lot of Marvel books because I felt I was being let down. Hulk, New Avengers, Dark Avengers and so on. But they do have one book that really gives me an Avenger feel and thats Mighty Avengers (Hopefully they would turn-out to be the mainstay avengers).
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:47 pm

True Believer wrote:

Must say loved Icon appearing in the book and the Doctor Light coming back.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:57 pm

DC, Dark Reign has been good so far, and so has War of Kings, but not every book seems to be as consistently good as DC's. I'm loving DC at all times. I think Marvel's been making a lot of mistakes lately in their stories, like Dr. Strange losing his sorcerer Supreme status and spreading Wolverine everywhere. They're losing the focus on some of their smaller characters, and that's sad because they have a lot of really AMAZING characters that would shine in their own series. While I am excited for Ben Reilly's return, it does nothing to retard my current love for DC.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 11:59 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
DC, Dark Reign has been good so far, and so has War of Kings, but not every book seems to be as consistently good as DC's. I'm loving DC at all times. I think Marvel's been making a lot of mistakes lately in their stories, like Dr. Strange losing his sorcerer Supreme status and spreading Wolverine everywhere. They're losing the focus on some of their smaller characters, and that's sad because they have a lot of really AMAZING characters that would shine in their own series. While I am excited for Ben Reilly's return, it does nothing to retard my current love for DC.

Coming from you, I think that actually says alot.

But Honestly I think my turn against Marvel has started with OMD.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:15 am

TJ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

I'm not agaisnt marvel, but they've definitely changed in my eyes.... It probably happened around the time of the beginning of SI. The only thing I liked out of it was the beast and Wonder Man story.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:17 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
TJ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

I'm not agaisnt marvel, but they've definitely changed in my eyes.... It probably happened around the time of the beginning of SI. The only thing I liked out of it was the beast and Wonder Man story.

No, neither have I turned from them. I'm finishing up War of Kings and I still get Ms. Marvel, Incredible Hercules and a few of their X books.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:18 am

TJ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
TJ wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

No, neither have I turned from them. I'm finishing up War of Kings and I still get Ms. Marvel, Incredible Hercules and a few of their X books.

The main things I'm still reading is Ms. Marvel and Incredible Herc. They're all I'll buy besides Dark Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 am

This was easy...

I looked at my bookshelf and asked "What have I bought more of this year?"

DC

Batman Batman Batman Batman Batman Batman Batman Batman Batman Batman Batman Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan Hal Jordan The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash The Flash Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Superman! Joker
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:11 am

Wow... I'm the only one who voted Marvel.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 7:30 am

Why would you even make this poll?!?! The ARA has ALWAYS been predominantly supportive of DC! To point this out by making a poll only alienates the minority.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 12:58 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Why would you even make this poll?!?! The ARA has ALWAYS been predominantly supportive of DC! To point this out by making a poll only alienates the minority.

Minorities suck.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:16 pm

DanElectro wrote:
youre just sayin that cuz figga's black
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:18 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Laughing Well, Mexican (1/2), but close enough.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:20 pm

Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

i was going for the legendary double yellow, how'd i do?
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 1:21 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
Figga wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

i was going for the legendary double yellow, how'd i do?

Shocked There's a double yellow?
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 2:00 pm

DanElectro wrote:

Because the ARA doesn't blindly adhere to one company exclusively, their opinions are based on the quality of output. If someone had an opposing opinion they'd be glad to hear valid arguments.

In other words: Quitcher bitchin'. Make an argument.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marvel vs DC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marvel vs DC   Marvel vs DC Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel vs DC
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next