the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to see...

Go down 
+31
munson!
PeteWisdom
Gabe_Gray
Maxyboi2424
minimalist
osirus12002
JimDarkMagic
bayani
Tayley
Leachcraft
howie024m
NoLuv4Hoes
Aycock
Hedinnweis
LifesTruesin
DanElectro
GoZ
GreatWhiteNinja
TJ
Shaun
Mr.Wholesome
Tim Radd
Figga
REEF aka Luke Cage
shazam!
True Believer
Liquid Sword
CaptainJoel
Thomas
Big H
Shadowrenderer
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

I want to see... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:26 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
Well Agent X sucks anyway.

Cuz he's a clone. But his series had good art though. Udon rocks.

I like agent x and Udon is okay but I kinda wish they would've picked someone else.

and Joel, that might be cool.
They could make their first appearance as a team in the new Batman and Robin.

Yeah, they could have a three-way fight with Batman, Robin, Red Hood and his sidekick girl.

Why all the hate for clones Dante?

I always wondered why comics felt they needed a clone to take a character in another direction. Alternate universe, and legacy characters are similar, but in a way they are their own character. Clones have way too complicate or just ridiculous origins in general. And then there is always some random twist, that writers try and tell you was going on even before the clone was introduced into the universe. Then you're stuck wondering how DNA was even obtained, and a bunch of other bullshit.

I mean, look how retarded Secret Invasion turned out to be. These skrulls, who are basically clones, were in place even before Civil War. And then all that happens in the end is Norman Osborn becomes a hero. Waste of time.

Do you like Doombots?
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:33 pm

shazam! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

I like agent x and Udon is okay but I kinda wish they would've picked someone else.

Yeah, they could have a three-way fight with Batman, Robin, Red Hood and his sidekick girl.

I always wondered why comics felt they needed a clone to take a character in another direction. Alternate universe, and legacy characters are similar, but in a way they are their own character. Clones have way too complicate or just ridiculous origins in general. And then there is always some random twist, that writers try and tell you was going on even before the clone was introduced into the universe. Then you're stuck wondering how DNA was even obtained, and a bunch of other bullshit.

I mean, look how retarded Secret Invasion turned out to be. These skrulls, who are basically clones, were in place even before Civil War. And then all that happens in the end is Norman Osborn becomes a hero. Waste of time.

Do you like Doombots?

I never thought about it. I like Dr. DOOM which is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:35 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

Do you like Doombots?

I never thought about it. I like Dr. DOOM which is all that matters.

You should always love Doom.

He is perfect in all ways.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:41 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

The skrulls werent' like CLones, I think of them more as the Dark Avengers are.

Sleeper agents with a Dark Agenda. I really hated SI, though, so I won't try to help it out.

I don't think that many clones I've read have had complicated origins, Ben Reilly's always been good to me, so has been Connor Kent.

Spider-man's DNA was easily obtained, as was Superman. I can't really think of other clones that would be complicated.

Skrulls were clones because they used hero DNA to duplicate powers, and they also made the skrulls believe that they were the actual heroes in some cases. On top of that, they just made up a story later and said "oh these things have been here for a long time, go figure."
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 29, 2009 10:45 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
shazam! wrote:
Liquid Sword wrote:

The skrulls werent' like CLones, I think of them more as the Dark Avengers are.

Sleeper agents with a Dark Agenda. I really hated SI, though, so I won't try to help it out.

I don't think that many clones I've read have had complicated origins, Ben Reilly's always been good to me, so has been Connor Kent.

Spider-man's DNA was easily obtained, as was Superman. I can't really think of other clones that would be complicated.

Skrulls were clones because they used hero DNA to duplicate powers, and they also made the skrulls believe that they were the actual heroes in some cases. On top of that, they just made up a story later and said "oh these things have been here for a long time, go figure."

Clones are complete genetic copies, Skrulls were composites.

The memory thing... eh. I still think that's a gay way to retcon things like Captain Marvel, I blame the whole thing more on Bendis than anything. If a good writer had his hands on it, it could have been a great story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 am

CaptainJoel wrote:
Clones are complete genetic copies, Skrulls were composites.

The memory thing... eh. I still think that's a gay way to retcon things like Captain Marvel, I blame the whole thing more on Bendis than anything. If a good writer had his hands on it, it could have been a great story.
Where Ben Reilly was a "real" clone, Conner was not, since the gaps in Superman's DNA was filled with Luthor DNA. Where Conner acted different than Superman in many ways, Ben was really no different then Peter. He didn't add any new dimensions to Peter's character and therefore was irrelevant and redundant. The skrulls were worse than clones, they had all these abilites and never seemed to use them to their advantage. Why not build an army of Hulk, Prof X, Richards, Magneto, Dr. Strange composites? They had a number of super skrulls with various abilities and they still got their asses handed to them.
Back to top Go down
JimDarkMagic
Youngling
Youngling
JimDarkMagic

Male Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 3:48 am

I wanna see Cap back already!

CUMMON!!!
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:07 am

JimDarkMagic wrote:

CUMMON!!!
Mad

that would just cheapen his death and bucky continuing his legacy

if anything i wanna see bucky says man fuck these avengers and lead his own team of new invaders or shit just handpick his own team of avengers, i mean of course you'd have to keep the ones people buy the new avengers books for like Wolverine and Spidey but if Bucky was capable fo leading multiple teams and hanging with the OG invaders i dont see why he should take a back seat to ronin and ms. marvel ESPECIALLY ms.marvel look at how good her avengers turned out LOL they couldnt even capture their rivals- a bunch of street level martial artists and a sorceror
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:12 pm

JimDarkMagic wrote:

CUMMON!!!
Have patience, he's coming back.
Back to top Go down
JimDarkMagic
Youngling
Youngling
JimDarkMagic

Male Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 4:18 pm

Jim! wrote:
JimDarkMagic wrote:

CUMMON!!!
Have patience, he's coming back.

i know that now, lol i saw the reborn cover.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 6:01 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
JimDarkMagic wrote:

CUMMON!!!
Mad

that would just cheapen his death and bucky continuing his legacy

if anything i wanna see bucky says man fuck these avengers and lead his own team of new invaders or shit just handpick his own team of avengers, i mean of course you'd have to keep the ones people buy the new avengers books for like Wolverine and Spidey but if Bucky was capable fo leading multiple teams and hanging with the OG invaders i dont see why he should take a back seat to ronin and ms. marvel ESPECIALLY ms.marvel look at how good her avengers turned out LOL they couldnt even capture their rivals- a bunch of street level martial artists and a sorceror

You know you just really care about how "good" Ms. Marvel is and not some team she is or isn't on!

I want to see... - Page 11 714888-carol_drunk_super
Back to top Go down
Figga
Odd Man Out
Odd Man Out
Figga

Male Age : 50

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:02 pm

Damian Wayne get hurt. Badly. To the point where if some writer a few years from now thought "Y'know what'd be a clever idea? Bringing back Damian Wayne..." then the drawing of this little shit would leap off the page and erase himself a la Daffy Duck. Fuck that kid. Fuck him right in his ear. Where's the fucking readers poll to kill him off like they did with Jason Todd? I'd like to see Batman's rogues gang up on him like the passengers did to that bitch that freaked out in Airplane. Then sell his battered and bloody self (for a discount, no less) into white slavery. Maybe to that dick from Slumdog Millionaire. Yeah, that'd be cool...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: I want to see...   I want to see... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Figga wrote:
Damian Wayne get hurt. Badly. To the point where if some writer a few years from now thought "Y'know what'd be a clever idea? Bringing back Damian Wayne..." then the drawing of this little shit would leap off the page and erase himself a la Daffy Duck. Fuck that kid. Fuck him right in his ear. Where's the fucking readers poll to kill him off like they did with Jason Todd? I'd like to see Batman's rogues gang up on him like the passengers did to that bitch that freaked out in Airplane. Then sell his battered and bloody self (for a discount, no less) into white slavery. Maybe to that dick from Slumdog Millionaire. Yeah, that'd be cool...