the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SPIDEY!

Go down 
+23
markrocks
GreatWhiteNinja
Gabe_Gray
howie024m
NoLuv4Hoes
shazam!
Liquid Sword
Hedinnweis
munson!
Tim Radd
Figga
REEF aka Luke Cage
Martin
CaptainJoel
TJ
GoZ
Thomas
Shadowrenderer
Mr.Wholesome
Shaun
True Believer
DanElectro
PeteWisdom
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

Male Age : 38

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:22 am

Shaun wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
Jim! wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
In a recent interview on Newsarama, Mark Waid mentioned a "new" vulture concept for the next ASM issue(#592) which I think is absolutely brilliant! I just hope the execution of the idea is as good as what's described by Waid.

Read on:

Mark Waid: We get to see a new Vulture. We also get to see the old Vulture for a minute, but as much as I like the old Vulture, it's really hard for me to envision writing a story where Spider-Man keeps punching a man who is 102 years old. So we came up with an idea for a new Vulture, which doesn't necessarily preclude the old Vulture's existence. It's just a new vision. It's a new method of operating. It's a little darker and grimmer. And the new Vulture is more of a problem for the underworld than he is for the cops, because he's sort of an urban legend among criminals as a dark and mysterious guy who preys specifically on the weak and injured of the underworld. If you're running away from a job and somebody's wounded, rather than take the risk of getting him to a hospital on time and taking him with you, odds are these days in New York, you will just tie him up to a lamp post and let the Vulture come find him because it will at least take the Vulture away from the rest of your group.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090421-mark-waid-spider-man-24-7.html
So the new Vulture is going to eat wounded criminals? blecch!

Sounds stupid. It reminds me of when they rejuvinated the original Vulture in the 90's.

According to Waid, the old vulture will still be around. So this isn't a makeover for the old vulture but a whole new character altogether. Waid just didn't like the idea of Spidey throwing down with a 102 year old man.

yea that just never seemed right, but ya gotta give Vulture credit for trying to throw down with someone 1/3 their age

seconded but odd shit like that is what makes spidey villains so awesome i mean mysterio, vulture, shocker(......to a lesser degree) when u think about em...there not very scary but theyre bad asses (i mean look at kraven b4 last hunt he was bacically a wack ass marvel clone of zangief) same w/ flash's rogues gallery dudes
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:05 am

that Guantlet storyline looks like it's going to be bad ass and I'm going to say that Kraven is going to come back
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

Male Age : 37

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:09 am

Thought I'd put this where it belongs.

HERE. Care of Wholesome.

Marvel calls do-over with new Clone Saga
June 16, 5:26 PM

It seems that once wasn’t enough. Marvel is going to release a new mini-series titled Spider-Man: The Clone Saga in September.
This is to be a re-telling of the infamous clone saga of the 90’s that drew scorn and ire from the fans. However, this time it seems the original writers want to put things straight. Howard Mackie and Tom Defalco return to use the six-part series to re-imagine and re-tool their old story.
Not to make the redux sound boring, the writers have promised a new ending designed to “shock fans old and new.”
The news series, which is penciled by Spider-Man/Obama artist Todd Nauck, comes on the heels of a comment from Amazing Spider-Man writer Marc Guggenheim who announced a new storyline which will dubiously be called Who is Ben Reilly?
Fans knew Reilly as the confused clone of Peter Parker from waaaay back in 1975. He returned in the clone saga, being thought dead for two decades, claiming to have been Peter Parker that whole time - making the Peter Parker fans knew and loved for that past twenty years nothing but a fake Spider-Man.
Fans didn’t take well to believing that their favorite hero had been a fake all along. Peter went through some internal angst, the fans angrily wrote letters, and in the end Peter Parker was discovered to have been the genuine article all along. Ben Reilly was cast into the abyss of Marvel canon as the would-be usurper of the Spider-Man throne.
Well, it seems the House of Ideas wants him back, and Mackie and Defalco have the chance to take the horribly convoluted story and condense it down to the upcoming mini-series in order to pave the way for Reilly’s return.
With luck, the concerted effort could pay off. Newer fans never had to live through the negativity that surrounded the original clone saga and older fans might actually be excited to see a new, villainous Ben Reilly they can really heap their long-latent hate upon. The hope is that Guggenheim’s Reilly revamp will stick better than his short-lived Blade series or his work in killing off Bart Allen over at DC on The Flash.
However unlikely it may have been ten years ago, the Clone Saga may soon be considered…cool.
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:09 am

Biggest retcon ever?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

Male Age : 34

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:47 am

It'll be amazing, I know it already has me anticipating preordering it.
Back to top Go down

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 12:47 am

howie024m wrote:
Biggest retcon ever?
It looks like that's what they're trying to do. When you find yourself in a hole - stop digging. Why Marvel things they can take out his piece of crap storyline from 10 years ago, spray a little febreeze on it and give it back to us to consume is beyond me. I left Spider-man behind 10 years ago and they have done nothing to woo me back. Put a good storyline together and stay away from the ridiculous gimicks, that's how you bring back the fans.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:16 am

Jim! wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Biggest retcon ever?
It looks like that's what they're trying to do. When you find yourself in a hole - stop digging. Why Marvel things they can take out his piece of crap storyline from 10 years ago, spray a little febreeze on it and give it back to us to consume is beyond me. I left Spider-man behind 10 years ago and they have done nothing to woo me back. Put a good storyline together and stay away from the ridiculous gimicks, that's how you bring back the fans.

Everything they've done since BND is incredible regardless of whether or you like Spidey's new status quo or not. You'll definitely like the new stories and will like in particular what Joe Kelly's written like his new Hammerhead!

The direction the book is going in, as well as the fact that they're bringing back all the old villains, is very reminiscent of the 70's and 80's book which you liked. Give it a try, you'll really like it.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:32 am

DanElectro wrote:
Jim! wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Biggest retcon ever?

Everything they've done since BND is incredible regardless of whether or you like Spidey's new status quo or not. You'll definitely like the new stories and will like in particular what Joe Kelly's written like his new Hammerhead!

The direction the book is going in, as well as the fact that they're bringing back all the old villains, is very reminiscent of the 70's and 80's book which you liked. Give it a try, you'll really like it.

idk bout all of it i picked up the 2 parter with the FF and how Johnny remembered they used to know who Spidey was and when it was over i was definitely left like this-----------------------> Facepalm 2
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 9:41 am

Jim! wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Biggest retcon ever?

I hate how the whole Ben Reilly story is clumped together. When they first started using him I remember thinking it was incredibly awesome, at the time comic writing was pretty bad with a few exceptions and Spider-man was one of them. It was only when they tried to convince us that Ben was the real Peter that it started to suck. I divide it into the Scarlet Spider saga and the Ben Reilly: Spider-man saga. The Scarlet Spider saga was awesome. The Ben Reilly: Spider-man saga sucked, except the end when he died like a true hero.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:03 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Jim! wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Biggest retcon ever?

idk bout all of it i picked up the 2 parter with the FF and how Johnny remembered they used to know who Spidey was and when it was over i was definitely left like this-----------------------> Facepalm 2

I wouldn't like it either if that was all I read since BND. It was definitely one of the weaker stories and coincided with Peter's unmasking in New Avengers in the same month. The rebuilding of the Spidey universe since BND has been very good otherwise. Stories like the one with the FF are unnecessary in my opinion and show how chickenshit Marvel can be from all the flack they received from the fans over BND. They're just trying to tie together lose ends and explain away shit that, in my opinion, should be left alone until they have a REALLY good explanation worked out. Otherwise, we just get these piecemeal stories that piss people off more than explain things.

So, yeah, you didn't pick the best arc to read since BND. It was also a bit out of context for you since you haven't seen the direction the book has been going in since BND.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:06 pm

DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Jim! wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Biggest retcon ever?

I wouldn't like it either if that was all I read since BND. It was definitely one of the weaker stories and coincided with Peter's unmasking in New Avengers in the same month. The rebuilding of the Spidey universe since BND has been very good otherwise. Stories like the one with the FF are unnecessary in my opinion and show how chickenshit Marvel can be from all the flack they received from the fans over BND. They're just trying to tie together lose ends and explain away shit that, in my opinion, should be left alone until they have a REALLY good explanation worked out. Otherwise, we just get these piecemeal stories that piss people off more than explain things.

So, yeah, you didn't pick the best arc to read since BND. It was also a bit out of context for you since you haven't seen the direction the book has been going in since BND.

The stories since BND have been pretty hit or miss. Ever since the Fantastic Four story when JJJ became mayor they have been pretty good though.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 24, 2009 6:15 pm

Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Jim! wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Biggest retcon ever?

The stories since BND have been pretty hit or miss. Ever since the Fantastic Four story when JJJ became mayor they have been pretty good though.

Couldn't tell you. I stopped right after the FF story or the next iss. because it, along with the New Avengers unmasking, really pissed me off. I have to catch up.

But nothing pissed me off more than the Flash one parter by Guggenheim. Angry Angry Angry
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:23 pm

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Spiderman
Back to top Go down
shazam!
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
shazam!

Male Age : 92

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:59 pm

DanElectro wrote:

Where did this come from?
Back to top Go down
howie024m
Local
Local
howie024m

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 1:37 am

DanElectro wrote:

cheers clap bounce
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 4:00 am

shazam! wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

Where did this come from?

Spidey Heaven
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 4:37 am

Spider-Man, YEAH YEAH YEAH WOW!!!!
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 4:42 am

Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 9:31 am

DanElectro wrote:
Thomas wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
DanElectro wrote:
Jim! wrote:
howie024m wrote:
Biggest retcon ever?

Couldn't tell you. I stopped right after the FF story or the next iss. because it, along with the New Avengers unmasking, really pissed me off. I have to catch up.

But nothing pissed me off more than the Flash one parter by Guggenheim. Angry Angry Angry

i just picked up Spidey again w/ the start off American Son not bad so far from what ive read
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 9:33 am

DanElectro wrote:

Spider-Man, YEAH YEAH YEAH WOW!!!!

spider-zord FTW
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 11, 2009 11:34 am

At about 20 mins in...........takes the cake for rediculous deaths.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 12, 2009 5:26 am

TJ wrote:
At about 20 mins in...........takes the cake for rediculous deaths.

dude i couldnt even watch it that long after 5 minutes i stopped laughing so hard then it was like for real its still going wtf japan lol
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:42 pm

SPIDEY! - Page 9 WebofSpiderMan_01

Marvel Announces New Web of Spider-Man Series
By Newsarama Staff
posted: 14 July 2009 12:13 pm ET

After the stunning events of Amazing Spider-Man #600, Spider-Man’s life is more unpredictable than ever—and it’s about to get even more tangled in the all new ongoing Web of Spider-Man, launching this October! That’s right, it’s the first new Spider-Man monthly series in two years and it kicks off with a bang, as one of Spider-Man greatest—and most controversial—foes returns! Each extra-sized issue of Web of Spider-Man features your favorite Spider-Man writers and artists presenting can’t-miss Spidey stories!

“With the ‘Gauntlet’ storyline starting up and many classic adversaries of Spider-man coming back to the book, we wanted to find a place to tell you more about them without it eating up too many pages of the thrice-weekly Amazing Spider-Man,” explained series editor Steve Wacker. “So while were tossing ideas around on where to best put that stuff, beleaguered assistant Tom Brennan came up with the notion to bring back the “Web” title as a way to give a home to stories to people caught up in Pete’s life. Starting with the first issue’s Kaine story by JM DeMatteis and then continuing onto stories about Electro, the Rhino, the Lizard and many more by Web-Head Fred van Lente and regular Spidey artist Barry Kitson, the stories here directly impact what we’re doing in Amazing Spider-Man!”

Plus, don’t miss the continuing adventures of Spider-Girl in this all-new ongoing series! Every month, Web of Spider-Man is your place to get the new adventures of Mayday Parker as brought to you by the incomparable team of Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz! What’s next for the Spectacular Spider-Girl? Fans, new and old alike, will be thrilled by the answers!

Spider-Man’s got everyone’s spider-senses tingling with the thrice monthly Amazing Spider-Man, but now you can get even more Spider-action in Web of Spider-Man #1, arriving in stores this October!

WEB OF SPIDER-MAN #1
Written by J.M. DEMATTEIS, TOM DEFALCO & MORE!
Penciled by VAL SEMEIKS, RON FRENZ & MORE!
Cover by PASCUAL FERRY
Zombie Variant by MIRCO PIERFEDERICI
Rated A...$3.99
ON SALE IN OCTOBER!

Although it may be a little early for Marvel to start publishing a new Spidey book (I'd like to have seen them wait another year or so - afterall, ASM is 3x a month already) I'm REALLY happy to see the return of the Web title. However, the $3.99 is a bit steep so I'd rather see them take out the Spider-Girl stories and drop the pice by a buck.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:50 pm

Uck, they really should just abandon the rotating/varied artistic talent of the main series and use this as an opportunity to let one writer/artist team shine on a monthly book.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2009 5:54 pm

True Believer wrote:
Uck, they really should just abandon the rotating/varied artistic talent of the main series and use this as an opportunity to let one writer/artist team shine on a monthly book.

Agreed. I'd love to get someone on it like Howard Mackie or J.M. Dematteis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SPIDEY!   SPIDEY! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

SPIDEY!
Page 9 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next