the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters

Go down 
+12
Aycock
Tim Radd
bayani
Liquid Sword
munson!
DanElectro
Shaun
Shadowrenderer
CaptainJoel
minimalist
GreatWhiteNinja
True Believer
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters Empty
PostSubject: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 2:52 pm

I recall we had a thread like this waaay beck on MySpace Comics and I enjoyed it, so let's speculate:

Superman- A little left of center. He fights for truth justice and the American Way and probably has a very Camelot-y view of the country. He wouldn't be too out of place at the Kennedys' dinner table.

The Question (Vic, not Montoya)- A well-known Ayn Rand Objectivist and completely untrusting of any governing power Question would easily be a Libertarian, if not a total anarchist.

Batman- It's tough to nail down Bruce as I can't really see him espousing any particular ideology but rather a loose amalgamation of views on individual subjects. Like Question he's untrusting of those with power (Tower of Babel) but is also very "law and order" and seems to place a great deal of trust in the justice system. The best I can guess is a vaguely paleoconservative/libertarian hybrid with a bit of a bleeding heart.

Green Arrow- He's easy, of course. Thoroughbred progressive. Probably a Nader Democrat who never votes for him in the general. Supports environmental causes and socialized medicine. He might diverge on the issue of free trade since he's filthy rich, but not much.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:15 pm

No?

So this isn't a hot topic of interest warranting heated debate?

I get it . . . Neutral
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

Male Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:16 pm

True Believer wrote:
No?

I get it . . . Neutral

Today isn't the day for Politic talks.

At least it doesn't seem to be.

Plus I don't know enough about politics to be of any help.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:33 pm

True Believer wrote:
No?

I get it . . . Neutral

...... Suspect
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Alright, I'll make it simpler: Who would Captain America have voted for?
Back to top Go down
GreatWhiteNinja
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
Sir Smokes-A-Lot
GreatWhiteNinja

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:35 pm

True Believer wrote:

My guess would be mccain.

But like I said I dont know enough about politics really to form any honest opinions on the subject.
Back to top Go down
minimalist
Global
Global
minimalist

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:35 pm

True Believer wrote:

Now you're getting the hang of it lol..... we don't take kindly to all that smart talk around these parts. Evil or Very Mad

And I think Cap would have voted for McCain.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Really? Why's that?

I always saw the SHRA as sort of allegorical for the PATRIOT Act (at least it raised similar questions) which Cap wholeheartedly opposed. So, if he were in our world you'd think Cap would oppose the party that supported that Act.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:46 pm

I think Cap would have voted McCain becaus eof his experience and the fact he knew where he was coming from with his old-man type point of view.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 5:52 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
I think Cap would have voted McCain becaus eof his experience and the fact he knew where he was coming from with his old-man type point of view.

"old-man type point of view?"

You really think Cap would find atavistic political views all that appealing?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:34 pm

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Honestly, yes. It's just as I see Cap. Just like I think Darkhawk would be straight up for Obama.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:37 pm

CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Honestly, yes. It's just as I see Cap. Just like I think Darkhawk would be straight up for Obama.

Now you're getting to obscure for me.

But he looks like a liberal.

I think . . . Does he have a $400 haircut?
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 6:51 pm

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:
True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

Now you're getting to obscure for me.

But he looks like a liberal.

I think . . . Does he have a $400 haircut?

I think Darkhawk's an Obama fan. He just seems like the type that'd be standing on a street-corner waving a sign with something about change on it. Cap would probably have voted for McCain because he's more with those that have been previously established as this and that, he falls in with experience. So, McCain would be his choice. And I think Osborn would have voted Obama because he would be able to play all the "Change" hype off of the youngest generation of voters and won the election for Obama and won himself a place in Obama's cabinet.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 7:33 pm

I can understand ppl thinking Cap would vote McCain. Old war guy & all that.

But, this is Cap, freedom, justice, etc etc. Obama might stand for more of what Cap does...Maybe...

the more I think about it the more I think Cap would really struggle to chose here...
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:00 pm

Shadowrenderer wrote:
I can understand ppl thinking Cap would vote McCain. Old war guy & all that.

But, this is Cap, freedom, justice, etc etc. Obama might stand for more of what Cap does...Maybe...

the more I think about it the more I think Cap would really struggle to chose here...

Yes, I agree that Cap would definitely identify with McCain, I'm just not sure his policies coincide that much with McCain's. See aforementioned example.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:04 pm

Cap would either vote for Thor or himself
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Shaun wrote:

Thor votes for Thor!
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Dec 22, 2008 8:33 pm

HULK SMASH!

That about sums up old green/grey Hulks political stand...

As for Mr.Fixit... I really don't think he would vote.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:08 am

True Believer wrote:
CaptainJoel wrote:

"Avatistic political views?" McCain? Hmmm, tell us how you really feel, TB?
Back to top Go down
munson!
Highlander!
Highlander!
munson!

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:59 am

i think cap would have ran for president himself. neither of these last two candidates had any idea what people really wanted, they just promised us a bunch of shit they think we need but cant deliver anyway. he would have stepped up to the plate in a big way and led our country through these times of uncertainty. he would have known the people he was serving better than mccain or obama ever could, because he used to be one of them. hes an ordinary guy who gavw up everything to serve a country he believed in. its not the same country and i think we could really use someone like cap to show us the way. there was a panel where he was talking to spiderman and he told him that when the world and everyone else gets in your way and tells you to move, that we have to plant our feet and say no, you move. i think hat right there shows just how important of a character cap really is.
Back to top Go down
munson!
Highlander!
Highlander!
munson!

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:00 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
Shaun wrote:

Thor votes for Thor!

i do
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:21 am

Captain America is an indepentdent. However I think towards his death, he was a lot more democrat than republican. He fought for anti registration pretty strongly. Cost him his life.

I think Deadpool is Republican. He goes where the money is. No one values a weapon more than the government.

Victor Vaughn is a DOOMocrat. He does what he thinks is best for his ppl. Fuck the UN.

Tony Stark is somewhere in the middle leaning more towards republican. He supports government involvement in order to keep the country safe, but he is also big on large business, and capitalism.

Spiderman switches to whatever the current president is. Obama is gonna be on the new cover. So I guess right now he's Democrat. Spidey is just really patriotic so he supports whoever.

The X-Men are liberals, but as far as what party they support it's a toss up. As long as a candidate supports mutants, I doubt they have a problem with him/her. If not they don't support anyone.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 11:25 am

As far as DC.
Hal Jordan is a republican.

Green Arrow is Democratic.

Batman is smarter than all of them so he doesn't care. Whoever values fighting crime the most is who he give money to.

Supes can't relate and probably has a hard time choosing as he tends to buy into promises of the candidates, rather than using constructive reasoning.

Wonder Woman was definitely for Hillary Clinton.

The outsiders are independent.

The Joker voted for Steven Colbert.

Mr. Terrific evaluated the probability of each candidate succeeding. Them kept it to himself.

The Flash may either be independent or republican.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:43 pm

munson! wrote:
i think cap would have ran for president himself. neither of these last two candidates had any idea what people really wanted, they just promised us a bunch of shit they think we need but cant deliver anyway. he would have stepped up to the plate in a big way and led our country through these times of uncertainty. he would have known the people he was serving better than mccain or obama ever could, because he used to be one of them. hes an ordinary guy who gavw up everything to serve a country he believed in. its not the same country and i think we could really use someone like cap to show us the way. there was a panel where he was talking to spiderman and he told him that when the world and everyone else gets in your way and tells you to move, that we have to plant our feet and say no, you move. i think hat right there shows just how important of a character cap really is.

Y'know, McCain and Obama were just ordinary guys, too, at one point. And you could argue McCain sacrificed a bit in service of his country.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Liquid Sword wrote:
Captain America is an indepentdent. However I think towards his death, he was a lot more democrat than republican. He fought for anti registration pretty strongly. Cost him his life.

I think Deadpool is Republican. He goes where the money is. No one values a weapon more than the government.

Victor Vaughn is a DOOMocrat. He does what he thinks is best for his ppl. Fuck the UN.

Tony Stark is somewhere in the middle leaning more towards republican. He supports government involvement in order to keep the country safe, but he is also big on large business, and capitalism.

Spiderman switches to whatever the current president is. Obama is gonna be on the new cover. So I guess right now he's Democrat. Spidey is just really patriotic so he supports whoever.

The X-Men are liberals, but as far as what party they support it's a toss up. As long as a candidate supports mutants, I doubt they have a problem with him/her. If not they don't support anyone.

Good picks, though I'm not sure I can agree with you on the X-Men being liberals. For the most part I'd peg them as libertarian. They want nothing to do with any form government, really, and definitely believe in civil liberties and rights of the individual and all that.

At least that's how I would've pegged them before Manifest Destiny and they all moved to San Francisco and started hobnobbing with the mayor. Now, you may be right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters   Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters Empty

Back to top Go down

Political Affiliations of Comic Books Characters
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next