the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deadpool!!!

Go down 
+18
Hedinnweis
Liquid Sword
Shaun
bayani
altericee45
Leachcraft
REEF aka Luke Cage
TJ
Figga
Tim Radd
True Believer
Gabe_Gray
Shadowrenderer
DanElectro
CaptainJoel
PeteWisdom
Thomas
Mr.Wholesome
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

Deadpool!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 pm

I loved it. I don't know what the fuck his plan is but I can't wait to see what happens next.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:45 pm

Thomas wrote:
I loved it. I don't know what the fuck his plan is but I can't wait to see what happens next.

THANK YOU!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Tim Radd wrote:
Deadpool!!! - Page 2 Deadpool-013

made it look like the skrulls were having their way with the mascot lol

Mascot/Skrull Threeway FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:02 pm

Okay, I read it . . .

Wasn't that great. Paco Medina's art, I like. (I enjoy the evolution he's made since his first arc of New X-Men.) But there wasn't really a story, the fact that they made it a tie-in was lame and an obvious attempt to cash in on a big event, and Wade's monologuing wasn't really all that funny. Not compared to the way Nicieza writes him.

Of course it's only been one issue, and that's all that I'm judging. But it's an inauspicious start.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 11:31 pm

True Believer wrote:
Okay, I read it . . .

Wasn't that great. Paco Medina's art, I like. (I enjoy the evolution he's made since his first arc of New X-Men.) But there wasn't really a story, the fact that they made it a tie-in was lame and an obvious attempt to cash in on a big event, and Wade's monologuing wasn't really all that funny. Not compared to the way Nicieza writes him.

Of course it's only been one issue, and that's all that I'm judging. But it's an inauspicious start.

I was expecting a complete and utter cluster-fuck and Way to just drop the ball completely. But it turned out looking great and it was pretty damned funny even if it was toned down a bit from Nicieza (God bless you....irrr, me?). I loved it and can't wait to see what Wade is up to.
Back to top Go down
TJ
Dark Prime
Dark Prime
TJ

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 12:27 am

Props to any man who sings "Put the lime in the coconut" while blowing up a ship.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 12:57 am

TJ wrote:
Props to any man who sings "Put the lime in the coconut" while blowing up a ship.

That did kick ass, though I was hoping to see some "And mix 'em bod' together." Largely to see how "both" would be spelled (I went with bod'). Now you got me listening to my old Sprung Monkey album.
Back to top Go down
Thomas
Global
Global
Thomas

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 1:41 pm

Issue #2 was great. I love the line, "you can never have too many pouches, isn't that right Rob?"
Back to top Go down
Tim Radd
Caramel Bear
Caramel Bear
Tim Radd

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:26 pm

Thomas wrote:
Issue #2 was great. I love the line, "you can never have too many pouches, isn't that right Rob?"
yea that and the line before that about the mind manipulation thing...sigh fuckin memory lol

"Holla atcha boy!"
Back to top Go down
REEF aka Luke Cage
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
REEF aka Luke Cage

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2008 2:29 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
I... haven't made it to my LCS.

I think the owner thinks I'm dead or something. Course this girl usually comes over, and I umm... forget about the comic book store, and well... I'm sure she suspects I'm a bit of a comic nerd, I don't want it to be flat out obvious.

Call me a coward if you will.

Might have to pick it up, fuck, I'm trying to hack my pull list.

"Call me a coward if you will."

.....coward
Back to top Go down
Leachcraft
Highlander!
Highlander!
Leachcraft

Male Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 3:08 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Okay, I read it . . .

I was expecting a complete and utter cluster-fuck and Way to just drop the ball completely. But it turned out looking great and it was pretty damned funny even if it was toned down a bit from Nicieza (God bless you....irrr, me?). I loved it and can't wait to see what Wade is up to.

I think Way does Deadpool perfect.... Fabian Nicieza portrayal of him was too silly for me and kept me from reading what was once one of my favorite characters...I dig Medina's art as well. I think I'll start picking this book up after the Secret Invasion arc...
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 3:15 pm

Leachcraft wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Okay, I read it . . .

I think Way does Deadpool perfect.... Fabian Nicieza portrayal of him was too silly for me and kept me from reading what was once one of my favorite characters...I dig Medina's art as well. I think I'll start picking this book up after the Secret Invasion arc...

Yeah Nicieza played up the comedy too much but the second issue of the new one could have used a couple more jokes, though the Rob one and the one on the last page were both damned funny. And what's odd too (but not bad), is that this book feels more serious than the old book BUT the plot to issue two was just as ridicules as some of the things Nicieza did.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Leachcraft wrote:
Mr.Wholesome wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Okay, I read it . . .

Yeah Nicieza played up the comedy too much but the second issue of the new one could have used a couple more jokes, though the Rob one and the one on the last page were both damned funny. And what's odd too (but not bad), is that this book feels more serious than the old book BUT the plot to issue two was just as ridicules as some of the things Nicieza did.

I don't know about that.

Final issue is Deadpool fighting symbiote dinosaurs and revealing that he knows about OMD? Genius.

different kinds of Deadpool, and surprisingly, both are delightful. Have to pick up issue 2, since I was unsure of whether or not I'd like issue one.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2008 4:49 am

Alright, so I finally got around to reading both issues. I really like this book and will definitely be picking it up for a while. The art is really good and Way's doing a good job not making Deadpool too silly.

I'm just not too convinced about the idea of Deadpool and Fury working together on something this big.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 5:32 am

I just looked at Marvel's ship list for next week and Deadpool is coming out again! I thought I was hallucinating the other week when I thought #2 came out too soon after #1. Now I realize that they're possibly printing this book twice a month?! scratch
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 2:55 pm

DanElectro wrote:
I just looked at Marvel's ship list for next week and Deadpool is coming out again! I thought I was hallucinating the other week when I thought #2 came out too soon after #1. Now I realize that they're possibly printing this book twice a month?! scratch

I noticed that too. Kicks ass but I don't think they could possibly keep up that pace and they haven't advertised it as a bi-weekly. This must just be for the first arc..?
Back to top Go down
altericee45
Youngling
Youngling
altericee45

Male Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2008 5:55 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
DanElectro wrote:

I noticed that too. Kicks ass but I don't think they could possibly keep up that pace and they haven't advertised it as a bi-weekly. This must just be for the first arc..?
i dont think its bi weekly #1 just got pushed back so it made it seem that way
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 7:18 am

This title is getting better and better. I just read #4, the new arc starting after SI and I like where Way is going. The first half of the book was also really well illustrated. Lots of great one liners and classic, funny Deadpool humor.

Deadpool!!! - Page 2 Dexjpf
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 5:01 pm

I saw this and was all, "ATATs!"

Then I realized that i don't know if they're atats or atsts.
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 9:57 pm

bayani wrote:

AT-STs

and yes I just looked it up
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Deadpool!!! - Page 2 FEB2

Deadpool!!! - Page 2 Yes
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 4:06 pm

bob.
Back to top Go down
Liquid Sword
The Immortal Weapon
The Immortal Weapon
Liquid Sword

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 5:31 pm

I actually had the fortune to talk to Danny Way for like an hour because he did a signing at my comic shop. He said Secret Invasion was really the only way he could introduce his version of Deadpool, as he felt like the public wouldn't except Deadpool doing anything different. Also he said establishing him as a stand alone character (for real this time) is going to be key. He said secret invasion puts Deadpool, in a good spot for Dark Reign, since Norman Osborn fucked him over. It'll be interesting to see where the series goes.
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 5:53 pm

Shaun wrote:
bayani wrote:

AT-STs

and yes I just looked it up

Yep. All Terrain Armored Transports and All Terrain Scout Transports.

I want one.
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 09, 2008 11:19 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
Deadpool!!! - Page 2 FEB2

Deadpool!!! - Page 2 Yes

Nice! But why does Bob look so much like Kick Ass?!?! And Why TF is Tiger Shark going to be popping up EVERYWHERE now?!?! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool!!!   Deadpool!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Deadpool!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next