the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What the hell is Millar doing?

Go down 
+9
Mr.Wholesome
NoLuv4Hoes
Martin
Shadowrenderer
True Believer
Gabe_Gray
CaptainJoel
bayani
Shaun
13 posters
AuthorMessage
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

What the hell is Millar doing? Empty
PostSubject: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptySun Jun 15, 2008 11:45 pm

So, Joe Q. has mentioned a few times that Mark Millar's upcoming "Old Man Logan" Wolverine arc with McNiven, his run on Fantastic Four with Hitch, and his mini 1985 will all tie together.

For those who don't know the Wolverine arc will take place in a future when someone or something has killed many of Marvel's heroes.
What the hell is Millar doing? WOLV66_TURNERcov

His arc on F4 has so far been about an unstoppable weapon called CAP created for a Nu-Earth that Reed's ex-girlfriend is creating because scientists are projecting the Earth will end in a decade.
What the hell is Millar doing? Cover-large

And 1985 is about a kid in the real world in 1985 who keeps seeing Marvel characters appear, for some reason.
What the hell is Millar doing? 1985cheung

How the hell are these going to tie in? And will it suck or kick ass?
Back to top Go down
Shaun
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Shaun

Male Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 am

from what I've read the main bad guy is supposed to be Doom's mentor or something
Back to top Go down
bayani
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
bayani

Male Age : 37

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:32 am

i haven't been reading F4 or Old Man Logan (it isn't out yet is it?) and 1985 was pretty cool. I have high hopes.
Back to top Go down
CaptainJoel
Fight for the Lost
Fight for the Lost
CaptainJoel

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:51 am

I don't know...

But I hope it's good.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 12:57 am

I'm just wondering how these stories could possibly tie together.

One takes place in the future, one in the past in a different universe, and one is . . . Well it's the Fantastic Four.

My only guess is that there will be some kind of Apocalypse scenario for the which the F4 are responsible.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:05 am

True Believer wrote:

One takes place in the future, one in the past in a different universe, and one is . . . Well it's the Fantastic Four.

My only guess is that there will be some kind of Apocalypse scenario for the which the F4 are responsible.

Reminds me of Franklin Richards and the Heroes Reborn story line. Maybe this kids imagination is creating the whole thing. Fantastic Four and Wolverine are being affected by the boy.
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 4:54 am

I guess the F4 and Wolverine stories could tie together but 1985?

I'm just gonna throw this in here, could it be possible the guy bringing the villains to 1985 is Millar himself?

What a twist that would be...
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 7:11 pm

Gabe_Gray wrote:

I'm just gonna throw this in here, could it be possible the guy bringing the villains to 1985 is Millar himself?

I don't think I'd like that twist at all. Just like I didn't like seeing Paul Jenkins in the New Avengers or Sentry issue about Sentry's origin.
Back to top Go down
Gabe_Gray
Youngling
Youngling
Gabe_Gray

Male Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:38 am

DanElectro wrote:
Gabe_Gray wrote:

I don't think I'd like that twist at all. Just like I didn't like seeing Paul Jenkins in the New Avengers or Sentry issue about Sentry's origin.

I didn't say it'd be a good twist but seems like something Millar and Marvel wouldn't mind doing.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

Male Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:44 am

They are printing a comic of British PM Gordon Brown.

So anything is possible.

I'm just surprised it's Marvel not Virgin.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:52 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:

So anything is possible.

Yeah, but that still takes place in the Marvel Universe. 1985 doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:54 am

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

So anything is possible.

Does it really?

Weird. I only heard about it last night.

I'm not actually following any of this, just felt I should post this for those who've missed it.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 3:57 am

Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

So anything is possible.

Does it really?

I'm not actually following any of this, just felt I should post this for those who've missed it.

He doesn't have his own title or anything, he just appears in Captain Britain.

Which isn't altogether uncommon, President Bush has appeared in several comics, himself.
Back to top Go down
Shadowrenderer
Local
Local
Shadowrenderer

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 4:01 am

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:
True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

So anything is possible.

Does it really?

He doesn't have his own title or anything, he just appears in Captain Britain.

Which isn't altogether uncommon, President Bush has appeared in several comics, himself.

I yeah, that's what they said.

There's a few Prez.s that've been in comics. Clinton was in a few Topps comics years ago.
Back to top Go down
Martin
Youngling
Youngling
Martin

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 4:41 pm

I think all stories will be great Mark Millar is a good writer. By my book he's better than Brian Michael Bendis!
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 5:52 pm

True Believer wrote:

regardless of when and where the story takes place if the F4 are in it then something reed's done is more likely then not what ties it together. before millar hopped on this run i remember him mentioning a few times how theres no real rules w/ an Fantastic 4 book and u can get as out there as u want so im thinking this is gonna be one "old school dimension hopping reed discovers something that seems harmless and interesting but is linked to super powered evil" kinda speel like some shit from the lee/kirby days
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:00 pm

NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:

regardless of when and where the story takes place if the F4 are in it then something reed's done is more likely then not what ties it together. before millar hopped on this run i remember him mentioning a few times how theres no real rules w/ an Fantastic 4 book and u can get as out there as u want so im thinking this is gonna be one "old school dimension hopping reed discovers something that seems harmless and interesting but is linked to super powered evil" kinda speel like some shit from the lee/kirby days

NoLuv is in the hisouse. Awesome. Welcome to the fold. I though you were gone, to the military and shit.

What the hell is Millar doing? Welcome_mat
Back to top Go down
DanElectro
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
DanElectro

Male Age : 85

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:06 pm

True Believer wrote:
Shadowrenderer wrote:

So anything is possible.

It's technically in "our" universe but the connection with the Marvel Universe is still there...the characters obviously. I think it will also have ramifications in the Marvel Universe. I also hope it will be part of Marvel's continuity, otherwise I'm not going to give a damn.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 11:57 pm

DanElectro wrote:
Gabe_Gray wrote:

I actually didn't mind that...

what I did mind was the fact that...

Sentry was/is nothing at all like Jenkin's Sentry.

I mean even the current "flashbacks" shows Sentry running away from the Void like a bitch... lame.
Back to top Go down
NoLuv4Hoes
The Champ
The Champ
NoLuv4Hoes

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:00 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
NoLuv4Hoes wrote:
True Believer wrote:

NoLuv is in the hisouse. Awesome. Welcome to the fold. I though you were gone, to the military and shit.

What the hell is Millar doing? Welcome_mat

not just yet my friend although i'm dreading my upcoming physical.....bleh BUT i totally dominated my "what do u not suck at" job placement test i got an 80 and i guess average scores are like 30 or 40 or some shit like that so go me homie!
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 3:20 pm

Oh and since we're talking about Millar here..

For the Record Dan....

We're talking about 3 Mark Millar Books here... and guess what? None of them have drug addicts in them.
Back to top Go down
FallOut Pat
Youngling
Youngling
FallOut Pat

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 2:10 am

I've liked Old Man Logan so far.......a blind Hawkeye and Hulk hillbillies makes me laugh

But I just don't see it all tying all together....wait.....Doom's Mentor......all the villains coming to the real world...

Mark Millar is Doctor Doom's mentor and will single handed destroy every hero in the Marvel U!

And Bendis is the Mole Man!!!
Back to top Go down
Jerk
Rogue
Rogue
Jerk

Male Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:04 am

Damn it, now I have to get a third Millar book! I've read OML, and parts of 1985, but I have no idea how they'd connect.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? EmptyWed Jun 25, 2008 4:16 am

Jerk wrote:
Damn it, now I have to get a third Millar book! I've read OML, and parts of 1985, but I have no idea how they'd connect.

my assumption is..

well.. .I dunno.

but it could be that the villians have found a way to come here after the Secret War (okay that much is obvious) but the Heroes try to stop them utlimately, and they get torn up.

So possibly that the future in Old Man Logan could be the future of what happpens in 1985.

How THAT ties into Fantastic 4... I don't know yet. But they are building a new earth. so I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What the hell is Millar doing?   What the hell is Millar doing? Empty

Back to top Go down

What the hell is Millar doing?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: