the Anti-Registration Act
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Why hello there!
Sign in or up for all the exciting stuff Wink
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!

Go down 
+2
Hedinnweis
frequentcontributor
6 posters
AuthorMessage
frequentcontributor
Youngling
Youngling
frequentcontributor

Male Age : 41

Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! Empty
PostSubject: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 3:33 am

Marvel just announced that Millar's new Ultimate project will be a book called Ultimate Avengers, which supposedly will not replace Loeb's Ultimates 4 run with Frank Cho...

I'm super psyched, since Millar's Ultimates runs were the best parts of the Ultimate U. so far. He's saying that he's going to be introducing Ultimate versions of Blade and Dracula, Kang, Red Skull... Apparently he's going to be doing something with Ultimate Punisher, too!

The second arc is called Ultimates Black and is about the current roster of black ops members (Millar said Black Widow (?) and maybe War Machine...). He said we'd also get the origin of Hawkeye.

The most interesting part is that different A-list artists will take over for every 6-issue arc. Hopefully that will give the scheduling a little room to breathe, as different artists could be working on arcs at the same time (if Millar writes that far ahead...).

Who knows when we'll finally be seeing this book, as Ultimatum is taking FOREVER to get here, but I personally think it will totally be worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
Hedinnweis
Local
Local
Hedinnweis

Male Age : 33

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 3:35 am

frequentcontributor wrote:
Marvel just announced that Millar's new Ultimate project will be a book called Ultimate Avengers, which supposedly will not replace Loeb's Ultimates 4 run with Frank Cho...

I'm super psyched, since Millar's Ultimates runs were the best parts of the Ultimate U. so far. He's saying that he's going to be introducing Ultimate versions of Blade and Dracula, Kang, Red Skull... Apparently he's going to be doing something with Ultimate Punisher, too!

The second arc is called Ultimates Black and is about the current roster of black ops members (Millar said Black Widow (?) and maybe War Machine...). He said we'd also get the origin of Hawkeye.

The most interesting part is that different A-list artists will take over for every 6-issue arc. Hopefully that will give the scheduling a little room to breathe, as different artists could be working on arcs at the same time (if Millar writes that far ahead...).

Who knows when we'll finally be seeing this book, as Ultimatum is taking FOREVER to get here, but I personally think it will totally be worth the wait.

I stopped reading at Ultimate Blade, Dracula, and Punisher.
I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
frequentcontributor
Youngling
Youngling
frequentcontributor

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 5:45 pm

So CBR picked up the story, today, and it sounds more likely that Loeb's Ultimates 4 with Frank Cho WON'T be happening. Nothing official was said, but it seems implied that Ultimate Avengers would take up that slot, especially given Millar's comments about the recent "watering down" of the Ultimate line.

He also said that Ultimate Ghost Rider would appear in the second arc! KICK-ASS!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

Male Age : 47

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 5:48 pm

The fact that Loeb has been fucking up the Ult Universe may play a part in him Ulimates 4 getting dropped too.
Back to top Go down
frequentcontributor
Youngling
Youngling
frequentcontributor

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 6:40 pm

Mr.Wholesome wrote:
The fact that Loeb has been fucking up the Ult Universe may play a part in him Ulimates 4 getting dropped too.
I agree. Based on what Mark Millar said regarding a slimming down of the Ultimate line (and I think that any quotes from Millar should be taken with a grain of salt...), it sounds like Loeb might be out of the Ultimate U. completely following Ultimatum. Who knows what THAT'S going to do to the universe...

I've read that Ultimate FF is going to be canned, but Spidey, X-Men, and now Avengers are supposed to be continuing, so the Ultimate U. can't really be changing all that much. With the FF appearing in Ultimate Avengers, they appear to be taken care of (if they all live through Ultimatum...), even without a solo title.
Back to top Go down
True Believer
the numero dos
the numero dos
True Believer

Male Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 7:59 pm

So CBR picked up the story, today, and it sounds more likely that Loeb's Ultimates 4 with Frank Cho WON'T be happening. Nothing official was said, but it seems implied that Ultimate Avengers would take up that slot, especially given Millar's comments about the recent "watering down" of the Ultimate line.

He also said that Ultimate Ghost Rider would appear in the second arc! KICK-ASS!!!

Oh thank god! This just made may day.

The Ultimate universe really needs to be taken back to its roots.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 3:02 am

True Believer wrote:

Oh thank god! This just made may day.

The Ultimate universe really needs to be taken back to its roots.

Well it certainly needs to be shaken up AND LOEB ISN'T THE ONE TO DO IT.
Back to top Go down
PeteWisdom
The Chief of Sarcasm
The Chief of Sarcasm
PeteWisdom

Male Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 6:13 am

ULTIMATE U IS BACK BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Wholesome
Kingbreaker
Kingbreaker
Mr.Wholesome

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 12:50 pm

PeteWisdom wrote:
ULTIMATE U IS BACK BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know and it's great and painful at the same damned time. Now I want to pick up the issues books I haven't been reading so that I'm ready when the good shit gets going (post Loeb). But fuck it, I don't have that kind of money right now. Plus, I was kind of looking forward to it all ending so I could pick up more 616 books. Oh well, this will kick ass.
Back to top Go down
frequentcontributor
Youngling
Youngling
frequentcontributor

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 6:47 pm

Well, I don't think that you'll have to pick up all the issues that you've missed to catch up... You might want to glance at Ultimatum, since Millar said that his new series picks up right after it (he said that his first scene was literally what happens the moment after Ultimatum ends...).

I think that it will be pretty self-contained, though, and perhaps the already existing books will have a new status quo; meaning a perfect jumping on point.
Back to top Go down
Maxyboi2424
The Man of Tomorrow
The Man of Tomorrow
Maxyboi2424

Male Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! EmptyThu Sep 11, 2008 10:11 pm

i am so pumped for this.
mark millar kicks ass
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!   Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Mark Millar writing "Ultimate Avengers"!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the Anti-Registration Act :: the Comic Centre :: General-isms-
Jump to: